Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you marry your complete political opposite?
Yes. 35 39.77%
No. 36 40.91%
Very, very rare chance. 17 19.32%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 11:27 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I wonder the same. But at the same time, what if I come across the most loving caring guy EVA () who happens to be against gays and against abortion?

I guess I would just tell him I am NOT discussing politics with him. I dont know. It would be complicated but then again I would take love over political stances.
For me, it isn't about the person's political stance as it is about whether they love the Lord. My personal relationship with Jesus Christ is the central part of my life and I could not marry someone who does not value his relationship with the Lord. All other stuff is irrelevant if we don't share this one area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 11:27 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times
How is exactly is questioning the use of his middle name a sign of prejudice or fear? You're the one with a racist tendency and views of race that would be expressed by conservatives centuries ago.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Chatress, you're from Pasadena? Did you go to Poly High?
I'm not in Pasadena but I am only a bus ride from that area. I'm in Downey but grew up in the South Bay.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:29 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I see, so you will continue to use his name in a disrespectful way, but will not be brave enough to stand up and own it. Grow a pair, if that's the way you feel, then admit it.

I'm a girl. I don't want a pair. Why don't you troll through all my post and you will see the explaination. I do not have to answer to you or anyone else. It has been discussed many times and that is not the topic of this thread. I would be more concerned about people that see the name hussein and either fear it or have racist thoughts.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I am very different form my parents beleifs but then democrat was very different then.They wpould be conservative now without any doubt seeig this contury and now the demcratic party has changed.
The Democratic party has changed from what it used to be which is why I became disillusioned with their brand of politics.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I will address him as i wish and you address him as you wish. Grow up and mind your own business.
Ooooh ... somebody's mad because they have been called out for childish name calling ...

Old 02-22-2010, 11:32 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,388,557 times
Quote:
Chatteress;13017001]Because of the stereotypes against republicans? I seem to recall that you are still in high school (correct me if I'm wrong). How many republicans do you know personally? While I was growing up in the LA area, I had zero encounters with actual republicans so my only knowledge was the drivel fed to me by the liberal media about the republicans being for the rich. Once I actually got to know a few republicans who were Christians and actually took the time to understand why republicans hold the positions that they hold, my eyes were opened and I became a republican. I was a democrat up until 2004 when my eyes were opened and I saw the lip service that the democrats (politicians) give to the poor. For the democrats (politicians), it is about power and not about the little guy.
You got that backwards, I'm afraid. Only Republicans consider themselves the little guy because they are self-hating & actually resent the real little guys. Little guys in the GOP are little brains and little ego [dangerous combos].

Yes, I am in high school [Pasadena High]. Twista6002, are you in school at Poly Tech?

Old 02-22-2010, 11:33 PM

dcs, nobody questions the name out of fear and racism. We question you, an individual with backwards views of race consistent with David Duke, why you use it so much. It's actually a pretty innocent question. Not sure why you get so snippy and defensive about it.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:34 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Mary Matlin and James Carvelle

'nough said

Old 02-22-2010, 11:35 PM

No my high school was rivals with Pasadena Poly. I went to St Thomas Aquinas in San Bernardino (about an hour east of Pasadena)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies