Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you marry your complete political opposite?
Yes. 35 39.77%
No. 36 40.91%
Very, very rare chance. 17 19.32%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 11:05 PM

241 posts, read 266,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
No I base my relationship with her on her support for a man intent on destroying this country where my children need a future. She, like most liberals, are so closed minded they will not even look at or hear anything but the propaganda pumped into their brains from the left. It took her finances to finally want to know what hussein obama was doing to this country.
Quote:

It was easy. I started with a list of his lies and a list of the kind of people he has put in his administration.
Wow...I'd say relax a bit. She's your sister. This is the type of conservatism, always "right," shouting everyone else down, that I dislike.

And to speak of propoganda, when Bush was doing the same, were you speaking out then? I doubt it. I did, and was given the whole "traitor" line since I disgareed wth the war in Iraq. Now I speak against Obama's policies as well, but I don't have fear of being called a traitor. This is why I am shocked that people like you didn't speak up back then. Well, not really shocked...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 11:06 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,509,832 times
No, I would not choose to marry someone who had completely opposite political ideology. My husband and I have very similar political ideology.

But within my family, love is unconditional. Family values are very important to me, and I value my relationship with them. If I expect them to respect me and accept me for who I am, then I must do the same for them.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:09 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,540,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
No, I would not choose to marry someone who had completely opposite political ideology. My husband and I have very similar political ideology.

But within my family, love is unconditional. Family values are very important to me, and I value my relationship with them. If I expect them to respect me and accept me for who I am, then I must do the same for them.
The people who advocate for family values like Hussein dcsldcd are the same people who stop talking to their families over Obama. Or the same people who are found cheating on their spouses with people of the same gender. LOL. FAMILY VALUES! Or like Carrie Prejean who says your body is a gift but has 8 sex tapes.

I LOVE the hypocritical right and their family values.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
The people who advocate for family values like Hussein dcsldcd are the same people who stop talking to their families over Obama. Or the same people who are found cheating on their spouses with people of the same gender. LOL. FAMILY VALUES! Or like Carrie Prejean who says your body is a gift but has 8 sex tapes.

I LOVE the hypocritical right and their family values.
Exactly. Family values for me mean loving and cherishing people, and accepting them for who they are. Must be a looney-leftie thing?

Old 02-22-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Exactly. Family values for me mean loving and cherishing people, and accepting them for who they are. Must be a looney-leftie thing?
Notice how Hussein dcsldcd stopped replying here but is still replying in other threads.

Hahha. Most of these righties are useless and pathetic.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:28 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,060,322 times
Quote:
Notice how Hussein dcsldcd stopped replying here but is still replying in other threads.

Hahha. Most of these righties are useless and pathetic.

You actually want me to respond to a bunch of left wingers acting like 3rd graders on the playground. LOL

Whatever my tactics, my sister os now awake to the diseaster hussein obama is. Funny thing is she cannot expose that fatc to her liberal friends for fear she will lose them all. Hahaha

Old 02-22-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
You actually want me to respond to a bunch of left wingers acting like 3rd graders on the playground. LOL

Whatever my tactics, my sister os now awake to the diseaster hussein obama is. Funny thing is she cannot expose that fatc to her liberal friends for fear she will lose them all. Hahaha
The only who acts like a third grader is one who is so obsessed with Obama that she stops talking to her sister. You got owned, Hussein dcsldcd.

Good night

Old 02-22-2010, 11:33 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,060,322 times
Quote:
The only who acts like a third grader is one who is so obsessed with Obama that she stops talking to her sister. You got owned, Hussein dcsldcd.

Good night

I love my sister enough to save her from the ignorance and blind obediance of the left winger propaganda. I didn't like her being just another one of the sheep.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
I love my sister enough to save her from the ignorance and blind obediance of the left winger propaganda. I didn't like her being just another one of the sheep.
I believe that is known as conditional love.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:44 PM

39,031 posts, read 22,951,734 times
Quote:
Would you marry someone who had the complete opposite political ideologies as you?

I don't think I could. It would be hard. Especially every 4 years, I would show support for the Liberal/Democrat guy or gal and he would do the opposite. I dont think it would work. We would probably both fight a lot.

You?
As a conservative republican borderline independent, I can envision myself marrying a conservative democrat as long as he is Christian and does not lean liberal. I usually make it a point to not get into political debates with my loved ones as it is not worth ruining a relationship over politics. If I want to vent political anger, I can just come on here to CD and let you guys have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies