Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you marry your complete political opposite?
Yes. 35 39.77%
No. 36 40.91%
Very, very rare chance. 17 19.32%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 11:17 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
That would be more challenging as these stances would make him liberal. My best friend is a conservative democrat and we see eye to eye on most issues even if we don't always agree on the best way to resolve issues. I could not see myself marrying someone who is pro-choice or pro-gay marriage as I believe that the Bible is clear on those issues.
I wonder the same. But at the same time, what if I come across the most loving caring guy EVA () who happens to be against gays and against abortion?

I guess I would just tell him I am NOT discussing politics with him. I dont know. It would be complicated but then again I would take love over political stances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 11:18 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Many consider it impossible to be a Christian and Republican at the same time!
Because of the stereotypes against republicans? I seem to recall that you are still in high school (correct me if I'm wrong). How many republicans do you know personally? While I was growing up in the LA area, I had zero encounters with actual republicans so my only knowledge was the drivel fed to me by the liberal media about the republicans being for the rich. Once I actually got to know a few republicans who were Christians and actually took the time to understand why republicans hold the positions that they hold, my eyes were opened and I became a republican. I was a democrat up until 2004 when my eyes were opened and I saw the lip service that the democrats (politicians) give to the poor. For the democrats (politicians), it is about power and not about the little guy.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:18 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times
Chatress, you're from Pasadena? Did you go to Poly High?

Old 02-22-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post

Republicans have their own teeth?

Just kidding.
Haha!

Old 02-22-2010, 11:20 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I wonder the same. But at the same time, what if I come across the most loving caring guy EVA () who happens to be against gays and against abortion?
Then you could just swap blokes with Chatt!

Old 02-22-2010, 11:20 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
I am very different form my parents beleifs but then democrat was very different then.They wpould be conservative now without any doubt seeig this contury and now the demcratic party has changed.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
You actually see the man's real name as name-calling and taunts? What's with all you people that fear the name hussein? Is it fear? racism? hussein is part of his actual name
His name is Barack Hussein Obama .... not hussein obama. Also, it is standard English to capitalize people's names so your failure to do this and your omission of his first name is construed as a childish insult. Grow up.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:23 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
So for clarification here you are using "hussein" with the intention of being disrespectful then?

Listen if you have prejudice or fear of his name hussein that is solely your problem, not mine.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:24 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
His name is Barack Hussein Obama .... not hussein obama. Also, it is standard English to capitalize people's names so your failure to do this and your omission of his first name is construed as a childish insult. Grow up.

I will address him as i wish and you address him as you wish. Grow up and mind your own business.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:25 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Listen if you have prejudice or fear of his name hussein that is solely your problem, not mine.
I see, so you will continue to use his name in a disrespectful way, but will not be brave enough to stand up and own it. Grow a pair, if that's the way you feel, then admit it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies