Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 07:46 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times

Advertisements

Well according to the current plot line of "24" March 15th is about right. We're at episode 9 where the nuclear fuel rods have fallen into the hands of a group of rogue middle-eastern terrorist...so.

Next time how about a spoiler alert?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 07:54 AM

769 posts, read 887,287 times
Did anyone else read that article......most.ridiculous.thing.ever.

It had zero convincing value, a crapping arguement that Obama is a terrorist has more convincing value. The article literally just spouted fantasy about world events as if it were checkers.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:56 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
I didn't want to click on the link, as the OP is new to the site. I was concerned about viruses.

Old 02-24-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well according to the current plot line of "24" March 15th is about right. We're at episode 9 where the nuclear fuel rods have fallen into the hands of a group of rogue middle-eastern terrorist...so.

I haven't got in to '24', is this the plot line?

Old 02-24-2010, 07:59 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
If nothing changes, it is just a matter of time.

One reason every president in this nuclear age, has had a problem sleeping at night.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:08 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,725,739 times
That's a bad translation, so there is likely something(s) lost there.

Whilst it could (should?) be regarded as a work of fiction, the "story" line does flow with some congruity. The author is at the least, a good story teller....

One thing that did strike a note with me however, and I'm sure it is just coincidence, but I was talking with a friend that resides in Bolivia last week. He made mention how it has become nearly impossible to obtain U.S. currency there lately.

Yachtcare has spoken.......

Old 02-24-2010, 08:15 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
LOL! So true. I remember years ago an email went around warning people of attacks in shopping malls.

Are you old enough to remember the early 60's? Back then, the panic of the day involved traffic accident deaths. "Oh, my God! Thousands are being killed in car wrecks! The next one might be me. SAVE US!"

So...we had government mandate seat belts in every car. At first, the belts were required, but their use wasn't mandatory. Then, they became mandatory, but they'd only write you a ticket for it if you happened to be unbuckled when they stopped you for something else. After that, they could stop you and write just the driver a ticket if he wasn't buckled up. That was soon expanded to any front seat passenger. Then, back seat passengers too. Now, it's all passengers and, in a lot of places, both the driver and the unbuckled passenger will get a ticket.

On top of that, we lowered speed limits, partly in the name of safety. That led to an expansion of police forces nationwide to catch speeders. Then, we mandated more and more "safety" equipment on cars until that $12,000 new car became a $30,000 new car. Then, we've outlawed talking on cell phones, texting, distracted driving...each new law requiring higher and higher fines, more draconian enforcement, and more cops. It's a never ending cycle of more government intrusion, more illegalities, more criminals and more money coming in.

And what did we gain for giving up the simple right to drive around without a seat belt in the name of "safety?" What was the result of demanding government protect us?

Not much, really. The number of traffic fatalities has flucuated between about 40-50,000 for the past 40 years.

List of motor vehicle deaths in U.S. by year - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You tell me. Was it worth it? Will it be worth it the next time we get scared about something and demand to be rescued from it?

Old 02-24-2010, 08:47 AM

921 posts, read 1,131,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexud View Post
Recently, an article appeared in the Internet, which states that, March 15, 2010 Illuminati sobirayutya detonate a nuclear bomb in the U.S. capital Washington. Article is available here:

nebezrazlichniy - "A NUCLEAR BOMB EXPLOSION IN WASHINGTON DC!!!" (http://nebezrazlichniy.livejournal.com/300.html - broken link)

Wow, I think I'll try to play hookie on that date because I work in the heart of Downtown DC.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:08 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well according to the current plot line of "24" March 15th is about right. We're at episode 9 where the nuclear fuel rods have fallen into the hands of a group of rogue middle-eastern terrorists...so.

I read this as "a group of rogue middle-aged terrorists"

Old 02-24-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamOrbit View Post
I stopped reading when i saw "livejournal" in the link.

You are the wiser of the two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies