Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2010, 07:44 AM

199 posts, read 404,336 times

Advertisements

Mr England look here........America already has Free HealthCare or better yet Control Health Care that they cannot even handle right now called MEDICAID......these people that receive this insurance do not pay one red cent and receive all the benefits you receive in England and maybe more ...... The bad about all of this we the taxpayers pay for it over and over again.....also the long waiting list to see the doctor or better yet the control of what doctor you can see and when

We Americans today do not want to be control by the Government for every blasted thing we do.....yes some feel this is great ..... But the bottom line is that if you really need surgery or medical help in America you can get it with or without money (State and County Health Care Facilities)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 08:03 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Wow, 40 pages of back and forth over comparison between British and American health care.......................Two different cultures that developed in decidedly different ways..........................One that elects its leader every 4 years, good bad or indifferent .......and another, though similar, that bows to a dowdy old woman in funny hats and old woman dresses........

Whats to compare....................If you like your system so well, than you just stay over there and keep it. We really wont mind
But dont come over here and complain because we dont have nor want your system.......seems we had a little discussion about that 200 years ago and you lost?
and yet we regress
- Taxation without representation - bank bailouts
- Invading countries without declaration of war by Congress
- The Patriot Act
- The IRS

One step forward, two steps back

Last edited by pollyrobin; 03-13-2010 at 09:07 AM..

Old 03-13-2010, 08:14 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 195nana View Post
Mr England look here........America already has Free HealthCare or better yet Control Health Care that they cannot even handle right now called MEDICAID......these people that receive this insurance do not pay one red cent and receive all the benefits you receive in England and maybe more ...... The bad about all of this we the taxpayers pay for it over and over again.....also the long waiting list to see the doctor or better yet the control of what doctor you can see and when

We Americans today do not want to be control by the Government for every blasted thing we do.....yes some feel this is great ..... But the bottom line is that if you really need surgery or medical help in America you can get it with or without money (State and County Health Care Facilities)
You have to be practically destitute to get medicaid. I have posted links many times on this subject, so I'll say, do a search here on CD. As medicaid funding comes from federal and state taxes, people on medicaid do pay into it via their sales taxes, etc.

Many, actually most, counties do not have any health care facilities, other than a public health department. These agencies do not usually provide much care. Our local health dept. limits its health care to immunizations. No well-baby, prenatal, or any other type of care. Most so-called "county" hospitals, e.g. Cook County, LA County, etc., get most of their money from insurance.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:51 AM

199 posts, read 404,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You have to be practically destitute to get medicaid. I have posted links many times on this subject, so I'll say, do a search here on CD. As medicaid funding comes from federal and state taxes, people on medicaid do pay into it via their sales taxes, etc.

Many, actually most, counties do not have any health care facilities, other than a public health department. These agencies do not usually provide much care. Our local health dept. limits its health care to immunizations. No well-baby, prenatal, or any other type of care. Most so-called "county" hospitals, e.g. Cook County, LA County, etc., get most of their money from insurance.

So with that being said if the Government cannot control MEDICAID how in the hell are they going to control UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE

Most people that are on MEDICAID do not pay one red cent .... Check your local social service agency

That's the problem with America right now we cannot even handle what's in front of us yet we jump right in and start a new project to see if it's better

Wow just to think we heard all about CHANGE and not one thing change only got worst......unless CHANGE has a different meaning in the WHITE HOUSE BOOk(please don't tell me he can't do it in one or two years cause that just dog do do)

Old 03-13-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 195nana View Post
So with that being said if the Government cannot control MEDICAID how in the hell are they going to control UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE

Most people that are on MEDICAID do not pay one red cent .... Check your local social service agency

That's the problem with America right now we cannot even handle what's in front of us yet we jump right in and start a new project to see if it's better

Wow just to think we heard all about CHANGE and not one thing change only got worst......unless CHANGE has a different meaning in the WHITE HOUSE BOOk(please don't tell me he can't do it in one or two years cause that just dog do do)
Medicaid money comes from state and federal taxes. If you buy anything in this state (food and clothing are not exempt from sales taxes here), you are paying sales tax. Many medicaid programs have co-pays. Granted, those don't begin to cover the cost of a visit, but it's incorrect to say that most on Medicaid do not pay one red cent.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Medicaid money comes from state and federal taxes. If you buy anything in this state (food and clothing are not exempt from sales taxes here), you are paying sales tax. Many medicaid programs have co-pays. Granted, those don't begin to cover the cost of a visit, but it's incorrect to say that most on Medicaid do not pay one red cent.
You have a good argument for a National Sales Tax and repeal of the IRS and Medicare for ALL. See, as it stands now, I pay sales tax, and I pay property tax, and I pay school tax, and I pay my health insurance premiums, and I pay Medicare tax, and I pay self employment tax, etc................I PAY A LOT Many on Medicaid, also get Welfare and they pay what
Get the picture

Old 03-13-2010, 10:10 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
AHCCCS (Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System), our Medicaid system, is funded, in part, by State states. However, there is no State Sales Tax on Food. Nor is there any sales tax on most private sales (like auto sales between private parties)

Old 03-13-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
You have a good argument for a National Sales Tax and repeal of the IRS and Medicare for ALL. See, as it stands now, I pay sales tax, and I pay property tax, and I pay school tax, and I pay my health insurance premiums, and I pay Medicare tax, and I pay self employment tax, etc................I PAY A LOT Many on Medicaid, also get Welfare and they pay what
Get the picture
If you live in a privately owned building, whether you're buying or renting, you're paying property tax, part of which goes to schools. It's true if you live in government owned housing that you do not pay prop. tax in your rent. However, most poor people do not live in such housing. If you buy anything at all you are paying sales tax. To say that some people don't pay "any" tax is misleading.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
To say that some people don't pay "any" tax is misleading.
Your right. You can be a homeless person, who buys a pack of cigarettes, and your paying taxes, but...

I am a Libertarian and believe in smaller government. With that said, A National sales Tax along with Medicare for all seems to be the smallest we can get - in this day and age.
We would ALL be united in carrying the load; this thing we call health insurance - which I do believe should be an affordable right to EVERYONE in this country

I presently do not have affordable health insurance

We can never go back to a true private sector because we now have Corporatism. I am realistic enough to know it will never be as was before HMO's, PPO's, Medicare, Medicaid etc. so let's just get rid of Health Insurance Industry Corporatism.

58 percent of our population already gets their AFFORDABLE health insurance via government programs anyways - I want to join them I just don't want to work for the government, be poor, be a prisoner, be a soldier,
or be in my golden years, etc. to get it

Old 03-13-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Your right. You can be a homeless person, who buys a pack of cigarettes, and your paying taxes, but...

I am a Libertarian and believe in smaller government. With that said, A National sales Tax along with Medicare for all seems to be the smallest we can get - in this day and age.
We would ALL be united in carrying the load; this thing we call health insurance - which I do believe should be an affordable right to EVERYONE in this country

I presently do not have affordable health insurance

We can never go back to a true private sector because we now have Corporatism. I am realistic enough to know it will never be as was before HMO's, PPO's, Medicare, Medicaid etc. so let's just get rid of Health Insurance Industry Corporatism.

58 percent of our population already gets their AFFORDABLE health insurance via government programs anyways - I want to join them I just don't want to work for the government, be poor, be a prisoner, be a soldier,
or be in my golden years, etc. to get it
You'll get it when you retire, if you've paid into SS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies