Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 03:35 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,409,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Quite frankly the reason that this has not been "national" news is because it is truly a local story. It has had wide play here. I live in the County where the girls were found, although it's thought they were killed elsewhere, and it has been big news here.

I hesitate to throw this into the mix but the woman and children are Black, which may have something to do with the perceived lack of coverage. I don't know whether if they were White it would be a bigger story or not. The locals would have highlighted it in either case.

We need to be more aware of stories as this one, no matter where they are committed.. People are People no matter if they are black, white, etc. does not matter, We all breathe sleep and eat the same. This is horrible, and sickening at the same time. This should of made National News. Nancy Grace and some others, don't care if your Black, White, Mexican, whatever color, she does not care, she has covered many a case of these kinds of stores, and i do remember some stories that have been dealth with black children who were murdered. Crime is Crime, and the murders of any human being, should not be taken lightly, no matter the reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 04:20 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,526,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
We need to be more aware of stories as this one, no matter where they are committed.. People are People no matter if they are black, white, etc. does not matter, We all breathe sleep and eat the same. This is horrible, and sickening at the same time. This should of made National News. Nancy Grace and some others, don't care if your Black, White, Mexican, whatever color, she does not care, she has covered many a case of these kinds of stores, and i do remember some stories that have been dealth with black children who were murdered. Crime is Crime, and the murders of any human being, should not be taken lightly, no matter the reason.

My sentiments exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies