Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2010, 04:39 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
You would need to ask one of them on this forum. I am on record as stating they currently have every right that every other American has and there need not be any special legislation or laws passed based on someones sexual appetite.
I was fired from my last job because my boss found out about my sexual orientation and didn't like it, even though that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the job I had. Go to places like Mississippi, Arkansas, rural Tennessee, etc, and you'll see firsthand the discrimination gay people suffer. In Arkansas, it is ritual at many small town high schools to have gay bashes, in which the popular kids will gang up on and beat up a classmate they think is gay out of the blue. This kind of stuff needs to stop! In theory, gays do have every right heterosexual people have except for marriage, but in reality because of religion and people's prejudices, they have far from it because gay people are currently not protected under the law as race, religion, sex, etc are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 04:41 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I don't have the right to marry the person I love in every the majority of states.
I dont have the right to marry the dog I love either or the 12 year old niece I love or the mother I love. But You and I do have the exact same rights.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I was fired from my last job because my boss found out about my sexual orientation and didn't like it, even though that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the job I had. Go to places like Mississippi, Arkansas, rural Tennessee, etc, and you'll see firsthand the discrimination gay people suffer. In Arkansas, it is ritual at many small town high schools to have gay bashes, in which the popular kids will gang up on and beat up a classmate they think is gay out of the blue. This kind of stuff needs to stop! In theory, gays do have every right heterosexual people have except for marriage, but in reality because of religion and people's prejudices, they have far from it because gay people are currently not protected under the law as race, religion, sex, etc are.
Look their still listening to 8 track tapes in Arkansas, I don't know what to tell you about that one.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:47 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
Quote:
I dont have the right to marry the dog I love either or the 12 year old niece I love or the mother I love. But You and I do have the exact same rights.
So in your mind, marrying my same sex partner is the same as marrying a dog or a child?

Do you tie your brain in knots trying to justify your own bigotry?

Old 02-24-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
So in your mind, marrying my same sex partner is the same as marrying a dog or a child?

Do you tie your brain in knots trying to justify your own bigotry?
Ahh the b word.................................the question was regarding special rights, the fact remains we all have the same rights.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:52 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
Quote:
Ahh the b word.................................the question was regarding special rights, the fact remains we all have the same rights.
And we'd continue to all have the same rights. As was stated before: Do you have a sexuality? Great, then you're protected.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:56 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,607,655 times
Quote:
omg this is the DUMBEST and WEAKEST freakin argument I hear bigots try to use over and over. Here's the difference, sorry if your small mind can't understand it. Dogs can not consent to marriage, and besides they're not even the same species. And 12 year olds are MINORS who don't have the mature mind for a romantic and sexual relationship yet. Why do you think we have laws that require a person to be 18 and up in many cases for things like smoking, voting, etc? And a relative is of blood relation, and it is a scientific fact that sex between relatives can produce physically handicapped children. Marriage between consenting adults though why not? You're apparently not very patriotic and American seeing as how you like to limit people's freedoms. Isn't America supposed to be about freedom?

3,565 posts, read 4,863,814 times
Quote:
Did you pass High School at all? I don't think you did.

No, you and him do not have the same rights. If you had completed High School, you would comprehend that.

Quote:
And we'd continue to all have the same rights. As was stated before: Do you have a sexuality? Great, then you're protected.
Wrong, I am not protected against anything due to sexuality.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:59 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
That's such boloney. Why do you feel it's any of your business which two adults decide to marry? You reject love, but embrace violence. It's sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies