Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 10:15 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Errr....gas around here (in VA) is at $2.98...and that's average...where do YOU live? O_o I would not be happy about a $2.99 gas price
Here in San Francisco, we're averaging $3.65-3.95 a gallon! There was actually a story in the news, about people lining up for HOURS to get gas from a place that was charging $2.99 (going out of business sale). I was actually laughing, because it said people drove from the East Bay & Peninsula to get it... ummmm, doesn't it kinda defeat the purpose to burn all your gas on the way? Not to mention, idling in line for 2-3 hours probably emptied people's tanks too - LOL.
Here's the story: Drivers flood S.F. gas station for $2.99 fuel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 04:50 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Only Canada and Mexico send more petroleum products to the US than Venezuela does. Our thanks go out to Hugo and PDVSA for their help in satisfying our 4,000-gallons-per-second hunger for gasoline...

Old 06-01-2007, 03:23 PM

592 posts, read 2,810,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
You folks advocating that others should not buy CITGO have been hoodwinked! I do not recall the U.S. government ever telling the American people either directly or indirectly not to buy CITGO gas. As far as I am aware of, the U.S. government continues to buy oil from the Chavez government and is making money off of the American consumer by doing so. Meanwhile, those of you who follow this unofficial boycott, by driving by a lower priced CITGO gas station, to pay more somewhere else are the real losers. The government always comes out on top.
I personally find it rather insulting for you to call folks like me a "loser" because I choose not to support the economy of a dictator that compared our President to the devil. You (and others here) can choose to support a dictatorship, I choose to spend my money where I wish....and it won't be with Citgo. And please, for us "losers", define "unofficial boycott" I may be a loser in your myopic vision, but until I'm advised otherwise, my money is MINE to spend how and where I choose and if it was $.29 a gallon at Citgo, I'd still drive past.

Last edited by Delaneyland; 06-01-2007 at 03:58 PM..

Old 06-01-2007, 04:16 PM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaneyland View Post
I personally find it rather insulting for you to call folks like me a "loser" because I choose not to support the economy of a dictator that compared our President to the devil. You (and others here) can choose to support a dictatorship, I choose to spend my money where I wish....and it won't be with Citgo.
Can you find anywhere to purchase gas where at least some of the money isn't going to a dictator in one form or another? If so, let me know. I don't see any.

Old 06-01-2007, 04:17 PM

428 posts, read 2,440,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
You folks advocating that others should not buy CITGO have been hoodwinked! I do not recall the U.S. government ever telling the American people either directly or indirectly not to buy CITGO gas. As far as I am aware of, the U.S. government continues to buy oil from the Chavez government and is making money off of the American consumer by doing so. Meanwhile, those of you who follow this unofficial boycott, by driving by a lower priced CITGO gas station, to pay more somewhere else are the real losers. The government always comes out on top.
I can figure out where to buy gas all by myself. I don't need the government to tell me . And, no I don't buy Venezuelan gas, or ME gas. I put American fuel in my American car. Don't bother trying to embarrass me for that.

Old 06-01-2007, 04:34 PM

592 posts, read 2,810,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Can you find anywhere to purchase gas where at least some of the money isn't going to a dictator in one form or another? If so, let me know. I don't see any.
I get your point.. I'm pretty sure American oil isn't produced by a dictatorship, nor is Canadian oil. I'm not happy with any of my money going to countries that don't encourage the freedoms I enjoy as an American, but I've not yet heard any leader (publicly) make such a statement as Chavez did, if I knew of Saudi owned gas stations, Iran owned gas stations, Nigerian owned gas stations(or any other country that is anti America, anti freedom etc.), I wouldn't buy gas or diesel there either. My point of the post is just what I said, I am mentally capable of choosing where my money goes, I choose not to give any to a dictator that acted the way he did while on American soil (okay, I know the U.N. isn't technically American soil but to me it is) by disrespecting our President and America the way he has.

Last edited by Delaneyland; 06-01-2007 at 04:47 PM..

Old 06-01-2007, 04:34 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyM View Post
I can figure out where to buy gas all by myself. I don't need the government to tell me . And, no I don't buy Venezuelan gas, or ME gas. I put American fuel in my American car. Don't bother trying to embarrass me for that.
HUH? I am confused...you put American gas in your car, and may I ask how exactly you "know" it's American? Personally, I think Bush is the devil, so I only by gas from Venezuela, LOL!

Old 06-01-2007, 05:05 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
I personally find it rather insulting for you to call folks like me a "loser" because I choose not to support the economy of a dictator that compared our President to the devil. You (and others here) can choose to support a dictatorship, I choose to spend my money where I wish....and it won't be with Citgo. And please, for us "losers", define "unofficial boycott" I may be a loser in your myopic vision, but until I'm advised otherwise, my money is MINE to spend how and where I choose and if it was $.29 a gallon at Citgo, I'd still drive past.
I wouldn't call anybody a loser here, last I checked we're in America and still entitled to an opinion but..........................................

In over six years I've seen nada, zilch, none, , ain't gonna happen, zero indications that this administration cares one iota about John & Jane Average Doe. In his own inimitable style of public speaking Bush has basically told us we're on our own.

So if Hugo Chavez or anyone else wants to make cheap gas available I feel no guilt whatsoever about buying.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:20 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
I get your point.. I'm pretty sure American oil isn't produced by a dictatorship, nor is Canadian oil. I'm not happy with any of my money going to countries that don't encourage the freedoms I enjoy as an American, but I've not yet heard any leader (publicly) make such a statement as Chavez did, if I knew of Saudi owned gas stations, Iran owned gas stations, Nigerian owned gas stations(or any other country that is anti America, anti freedom etc.), I wouldn't buy gas or diesel there either. My point of the post is just what I said, I am mentally capable of choosing where my money goes, I choose not to give any to a dictator that acted the way he did while on American soil (okay, I know the U.N. isn't technically American soil but to me it is) by disrespecting our President and America the way he has.
Well, our President is disrespecting America & Americans too, so what's the difference?? As for the gas, I buy it wherever it's cheap and convenient, and honestly have NO clue where the oil originates from... if I worried about politics for all my consumer needs, there wouldn't be anywhere left to shop or get gas.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:47 PM

484 posts, read 1,944,623 times
I get your point.. I'm pretty sure American oil isn't produced by a dictatorship, nor is Canadian oil.

How can you tell American and Canadian gas from Saudi, Nigerian, and Venezuelan gas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies