Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 01:19 PM

938 posts, read 1,226,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I agree but part of voting someone in is making sure they represent your principles and that they follow through on them and if they don't get rid of them. I agree that our system is broken but again it comes down to the people we keep voting along party lines and for the parties that we have instead of voting for what would be best for the nation.

This still does not make it ok to kill innocent people.
In this day of blantant corruption finding an "honest" candidate is a crap shoot because they now understand that lying to the people can get you elected faster than telling the truth. So from Stack's POV, I imagine, his hands were tied because he had questions but the IRS and the gov't wouldn't answer them.

what would YOU do if you was in Joe Stack's situation? bend over and take it? or what? please elaborate. this question is for anybody reading this.

Because one can't understand another's plight until they put themselves in that person's shoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 01:25 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,424,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Horsemen View Post
In this day of blantant corruption finding an "honest" candidate is a crap shoot because they now understand that lying to the people can get you elected faster than telling the truth. So from Stack's POV, I imagine, his hands were tied because he had questions but the IRS and the gov't wouldn't answer them.

what would YOU do if you was in Joe Stack's situation? bend over and take it? or what? please elaborate. this question is for anybody reading this.

Because one can't understand another's plight until they put themselves in that person's shoes.

Well I can most certainly tell you what I would NOT do. I would NOT kill innocent people, I would NOT kill myself and cause that kind of pain for my family.

It is not a matter of understanding his plight. I just disagree with his choice in how to handle it.

I do not know all of his issues with the governement so I can really not say what I would do but as I said I know what I would NOT do.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Terrorism, the threat or use of violence, often against the civilian population, to achieve political or social ends, to intimidate opponents, or to publicize grievances.

By definition, yes, he was a terrorist.
WHO did he terrorize? YOU? not me. and if what stack did was terrorism, then all the gangs, KKK, some Politicians, and Illegal Immigrants are terrorist too right?

what about PETA, the IRS, are they terrorist too....YES, BY DEFINITION.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:28 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,743,223 times
Quote:

He had questions that the government wouldn't answer?

Or he had money he didn't want the government to tax?

What would I do if were in Joe Stack's situation? That depends. If I really thought the laws regarding income taxes were wrong, I'd bend over backwards to complete an accurate tax return, and then send them no money and a brief letter, carbon copied to my elected representatives and to local and national media, explaining why the laws needed to be repealed. Then I'd get my affairs in order, make provisions that my wife and daughter would be okay, and prepare to go to prison.

Things I woudn't do, set fire to my house, the place my wife and her daughter call home and keep their possessions as well as my own. I wouldn't go to the local airport and top off the fuel in my plane, with the intention of using that plane as a weapon against innocent people. I wouldn't contemplate suicide, the ultimate escape for dealing with the consequences of one's own actions. I wouldn't attack a building with hundreds of people working in it, putting their lives at risk.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Well I can most certainly tell you what I would NOT do. I would NOT kill innocent people, I would NOT kill myself and cause that kind of pain for my family.

It is not a matter of understanding his plight. I just disagree with his choice in how to handle it.

I do not know all of his issues with the governement so I can really not say what I would do but as I said I know what I would NOT do.

You didn't answer my question.....WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

AND
Since you don't know all there is about this gov't why are you talking?

Old 02-25-2010, 01:29 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,047,783 times
Quote:

It isn't a matter of understanding someone's plight. It's a matter of holding this man's actions up as heroic, when they are clearly an act of terrorism.

What would I do? Man up and take the rap.

Put yourself in the shoes of the victims and their families. Did they deserve the pain? No. Sorry.

Everyone has pain and problems, 4Horsemen, people are losing their homes, people are unemployed, and have been for some time. Everyone is not flying a plane into the side of the building in some twisted act of revenge.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:32 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,743,223 times
Quote:
WHO did he terrorize? YOU? not me. and if what stack did was terrorism, then all the gangs, KKK, some Politicians, and Illegal Immigrants are terrorist too right?

PETA might be terrorists by definition.

The IRS, not so much. Their actions aren't about effecting change in an existing system. One could argue that they are oppressors, but not terrorists, by definition.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:37 PM

22,121 posts, read 19,336,517 times
This guy is a TERRORIST plain and simple, the fact some people on here are defending this TERRORIST and viewing this guy as some type of hero s so far beyond insane words just don't describe it.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:42 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,034,979 times
Quote:

So, because you were not personally affected, it was okay and not terrorism. Do all illegal immigrants commit random acts of murder? Yes, gangs can be considered terrorists if they terrorize and murder. PETA has murdered? This paper explains why the Ku Klux Klan can be considered a domestic terrorist group...
Research Paper on Domestic Terrorism and the Ku Klux Klan

YouTube - 100 Years of Domestic Terrorism

Your arguments are moot.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:44 PM

18,326 posts, read 18,919,088 times
you know life isn't fair and sometimes ya just have to suck it up. which is what this terrorist should of done had he been man enough. you want change, it should be about civil disobedience and protest, not flying an airplane into a building and setting your house on fire. life is full of frustration. deal with it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies