Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2010, 11:40 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,775,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Do you know how many THOUSANDS of people are saying far worse than what we're saying, some even saying they'll do it themselves? You're overreacting. The government doesn't have the money to spend tracking tens of thousands of people. It's broke. Face reality.
The government has the technology to track tens of thousands of people. Some people will slip through the cracks. The government has to prioritize the perceived threats, and may not always get it right. And most of the posts on this forum, anyway, aren't really threatening, as they are the posturings of smart-asses.

But you shouldn't smugly make the assumption that the government isn't paying attention to some of the posters posting on-line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consent Withdrawn View Post
You do have a point there,hothulamaui. The fact is most people say they want freedom, but they really don't They need someone to tell them what to do because they are afraid to make decisions for themselves. But what is interesting is if you ask just about anyone, they will say they don't need someone telling them what to do, it's the other guy that needs to be put in line. Indeed the talk that's being talked doesn't square with the walk that's being walked.
But here is the thing; perhaps the truly enlightened and responsible started out by wanting to change the world for the better and cast off the chains of bondage for all, but when the realization finally hit that bondage is really what most people want, then a decision needed to be made. Live in bondage like the rest and feed the herd mentality, or break out of bondage for yourself and let everyone else keep the false security of their chains. That is what I have chosen and on an optimistic day, I like to believe a few others have chosen this noble path as well as I reckon a few on this thread have. But the fact is most of you will continue to founder in the sea of conformity while I bask in the sun on the rock of self reliance. I do this now for myself as most of you are unworthy of it as so many of your posts have shown.
I love this. So self-righteous! If you don't agree with me, it's because you're wrong. No room for freedom of thought in your universe, consent.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:43 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,238,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The government has the technology to track tens of thousands of people. Some people will slip through the cracks. The government has to prioritize the perceived threats, and may not always get it right. And most of the posts on this forum, anyway, aren't really threatening, as they are the posturings of smart-asses.

But you shouldn't smugly make the assumption that the government isn't paying attention to some of the posters posting on-line.
Likewise, you cannot show any proof they are capable of tracking at the rate you claim. It's just tinfoilhattery on your part. Have you been listening to Alex Jones today?

Old 02-26-2010, 11:54 AM

768 posts, read 1,085,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
ya that kind of thinking in this area is slime ball and criminal. obviously you are ok with that. most of us are not

So if there is no law against something, it's okay, right? And of course anything that is against the law is pure EVIL. Have you ever heard of critical thinking? I guess not. Keep worshiping the law and letting your brains rot but take comfort in the knowledge that you are a "good law abiding citizen."

Old 02-26-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Likewise, you cannot show any proof they are capable of tracking at the rate you claim. It's just tinfoilhattery on your part. Have you been listening to Alex Jones today?
When FBI, CIA and Homeland Security testify before Congress about the thousands of people's telephone conversations they've recorded, that's proof they are capable of tracking thousands of people. They might lack the manpower to follow up on every little thing, hence my comment about prioritizing, but there's no tinfoil on my head. Snarky remark about Alex Jones was unnecessary, by the way. Can't you keep the debate civil?

Old 02-26-2010, 12:01 PM

18,337 posts, read 18,943,402 times
Quote:
You do have a point there,hothulamaui. The fact is most people say they want freedom, but they really don't They need someone to tell them what to do because they are afraid to make decisions for themselves. But what is interesting is if you ask just about anyone, they will say they don't need someone telling them what to do, it's the other guy that needs to be put in line. Indeed the talk that's being talked doesn't square with the walk that's being walked.

But here is the thing; perhaps the truly enlightened and responsible started out by wanting to change the world for the better and cast off the chains of bondage for all, but when the realization finally hit that bondage is really what most people want, then a decision needed to be made. Live in bondage like the rest and feed the herd mentality, or break out of bondage for yourself and let everyone else keep the false security of their chains. That is what I have chosen and on an optimistic day, I like to believe a few others have chosen this noble path as well as I reckon a few on this thread have. But the fact is most of you will continue to founder in the sea of conformity while I bask in the sun on the rock of self reliance. I do this now for myself as most of you are unworthy of it as so many of your posts have shown.

this is rich. you think you and people who think like you would give us the world that all would be happy with. ever hear of the song by the who?
meet the new boss....same as the old boss

Old 02-26-2010, 12:03 PM

18,337 posts, read 18,943,402 times
Quote:
So if there is no law against something, it's okay, right? And of course anything that is against the law is pure EVIL. Have you ever heard of critical thinking? I guess not. Keep worshiping the law and letting your brains rot but take comfort in the knowledge that you are a "good law abiding citizen."
there is a law against what you said you do. payind people under the table and yourself getting income without paying taxes on it. there are laws that are not good and there is a way to change them. talk about critical thinking you seem to revel in the thought that you are different from the rest of us.. a real rebel...yeah right

Old 02-26-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
When FBI, CIA and Homeland Security testify before Congress about the thousands of people's telephone conversations they've recorded, that's proof they are capable of tracking thousands of people. They might lack the manpower to follow up on every little thing, hence my comment about prioritizing, but there's no tinfoil on my head. Snarky remark about Alex Jones was unnecessary, by the way. Can't you keep the debate civil?
Well, duh. I won't say anything questionable on a cell phone call. I'm talking about the DHS to have the ability to investigate someone like myself who has about 5 levels of indirection. It's nearly impossible and one would have to make an extremely egregious threat to even warrant an investigation, and unlikely to be successful without pouring in massive amounts of money. I've seen forums calling upon people to repeat Stack's actions and kill legislators, yet no word on any arrests. The government just doesn't have the money to follow up on people chatting.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Well, duh. I won't say anything questionable on a cell phone call. I'm talking about the DHS to have the ability to investigate someone like myself who has about 5 levels of indirection. It's nearly impossible and one would have to make an extremely egregious threat to even warrant an investigation, and unlikely to be successful without pouring in massive amounts of money. I've seen forums calling upon people to repeat Stack's actions and kill legislators, yet no word on any arrests. The government just doesn't have the money to follow up on people chatting.
Chat at length on-line, repeatedly making credible threats, and you will come to their attention.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Chat at length on-line, repeatedly making credible threats, and you will come to their attention.
These people are likely much more clever than to do so over a naked IP address. Again, you have no proof that you "come under their attention". Stop with the infowars banter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies