Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 08:03 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,447,602 times

Advertisements

Why is this news? Do we not have better things to worry/think about than Paris Hilton when our soldiers getting killed half a world away, not to mention those in a country who had nothing to do with 9/11?

Honest to God. I hate being an American when I read this stuff.

And furthermore, why is this in politics and other controversies? I mean, she is just a person and doesn't even merit mention in this forum, or any other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2007, 05:45 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,447,602 times
Ok, maybe I was a bit harsh in my comment above. I just get frustrated when it seems that Americans' priorities are all screwed up and the media going on and on about this stuff doesn't help.

Old 06-02-2007, 09:45 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,612,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Ok, maybe I was a bit harsh in my comment above. I just get frustrated when it seems that Americans' priorities are all screwed up and the media going on and on about this stuff doesn't help.
Why do you think I want to see her punished? With the rate of autism at 1 in 150 nationwide, and 1 in 95 in Jersey, it makes me nuts when I see this stuff.

Lindsay Lohan, Paris, Gay Marriage, even the immigration thing. When you look a the REAL issues plaguing this nation that stuff seems so trivial.

I challenge any one of these people who are so worried about these things to go and visit a group home for autistic children. Then tell me Linsday's coke habit deserves more than a 10 second sound byte, if that.

Paris Hilton, she's the 8th wonder of the world. No talent, low intelligence, zero morals, and nothing but fame and fortune all the way. Amazing how things turn out for some folks.

~T

Old 06-19-2007, 05:28 AM

223 posts, read 281,015 times
in less than a week paris will be released from county jail in lynwood,ca.( june 25th ) the spoiled woman has done her time & she is now loved by the 2200 inmates at the lynwood facility.hiltons parents deposited 100.00 into each of the 2200 female inmates account.thats a great gesture & assures paris will not be beat up by the inmates.the parents plan to have a BIG welcome home party for paris.100.00 goes along way in jail.alot of the inmates have nothing so now they can buy snacks,writing paper,stamps,etc...DAMN.....i sure wish i was wealthy...sigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies