Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 05:02 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,935,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
dcs, people have about as much control over what sex they're attracted to as they do the color of their skin. And PS, one of my profs is gay and he's open to conservative arguments.
I've met and know a lot of gay people that I like (or once liked). I knew they were liberal, and it didn't bother me one bit. I didn't care as long as we just treated one another with respect. However, the MINUTE they found out my conservative bend they immediately treated me as if I had leprosy and would hardly speak to me again.

Bottom line: I knew they were liberal because of the many conversations that I had with them. It wasn't until I espoused an opposing opinion that I was treated with disdain.

Gays are some of the most biased people on the planet, politically. You either agree with them, or you are their enemy, for the most part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 05:03 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,489,354 times
I don't have a problem with homosexuality, but I understand if people do because of their religious/cultural beliefs. People can feel however they want, but they can't infringe upon the rights of others.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Not everyone is going to accept homosexuality as normal and homosexuals have to accept that. But this personal predjudice stuff isn't the issue, it's the legal stuff. I'm for equal rights but I'm also for feeling however I want to feel about things.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:07 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,601,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
I've met and know a lot of gay people that I like (or once liked). I knew they were liberal, and it didn't bother me one bit. I didn't care as long as we just treated one another with respect. However, the MINUTE they found out my conservative bend they immediately treated me as if I had leprosy and would hardly speak to me again.

Bottom line: I knew they were liberal because of the many conversations that I had with them. It wasn't until I espoused an opposing opinion that I was treated with disdain.

Gays are some of the most biased people on the planet, politically. You either agree with them, or you are their enemy, for the most part.
That mindset has been programmed into them by Democrats. The same way Democrats play the race game.

There is a local investigation going on in a local county where 3 black citizens complained to officials that polling attendants questioned them for voting for Republicans, asking them if they understood they just voted for Republicans instead of Democrats.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:08 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,957,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Gibberish. You have an ax to grind about homosexuals and homosexuality, but you won't tell us what it is. Again, no one can read your mind. Oh well. Go wallow in your homophobia if that's what makes you feel better.
you sound borderline paranoid here

thats right, anybody who doesnt give you what you want when you want it is homophobic and has an ax to grind with you and homosexuality..they also want to harm your family...we're all out to get you!

whatever ...more childish name calling...lol..well you lasted one post as a civilized adult who can deal with disagreement maturely..

anyway...if Im homophobic you must be racist...probably homophobic also...

Old 02-25-2010, 05:08 PM

202 posts, read 482,845 times
Quote:
Go ahead. Are you assuming that all or most blacks are anti-gay? I can assure you that they're not. Just like everyone else, blacks have gay friends, family members, and acquaintances they care about.
< Waving hand>... I'm a black woman, and I like gay people just fine. Espescially gay men. I dont know what it is with straight women and gay men, but some straight women love to hang out with gay men.

Hell, I can hang out with ANYONE as long as they are nice, not snotty, and fun to be with. That's all I honestly care about. I could care less what race or sexual orientation they are. As long as they accept me, I accept them.

You can really meet some good people if people didnt have hangups about stuff like that.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:15 PM

202 posts, read 482,845 times
Quote:

The bolded part would be my only issue, whether it was coming from a gay person or not. I have only met one lesbian that is really liberal and all politically correct and what not. You cant say anything to her without it being "offensive". That attitude gets real old. Espescially for me, as I am quite laid back and I love to joke around and sometimes I am not too "correct" politically, or otherwise. LOL

I dont like uptight people like that. However, I have to honestly say that I have not been around enough gay people to say that they have a tendency to be that stuffy about their political views.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:29 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,597,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
If someone disagrees with something, they do not have to have contempt or fear to do so. If someone does have contempt, that does not mean they have fear. If someone has fear, that does not mean they have contempt. For a person to be homophobic, they would need to have fear. I am saying that many people do not fear or hold contempt towards homosexuals or homosexuality, they simply disagree with it. It appears to me that the OP cannot grasp the possibility that someone can disagree with something without being bigoted, fearful, or both.
I think it's stupid to "disagree" with homosexuality. It's like disagreeing with blue eyes. It exists. If some people can't accept that, they're anti-gay, homophobic, or just plain idiotic.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:

25% of gays have voted for the Republican candidate for President in the last three Presidential elections. If gays are such a monolithic group, then how does your statement make sense? It doesn't.

You're making sweeping generalizations about all gays based on your own personal experiences, and that is a short-sighted thing to do.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:58 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,601,159 times
Quote:
I think it's stupid to "disagree" with homosexuality. It's like disagreeing with blue eyes. It exists. If some people can't accept that, they're anti-gay, homophobic, or just plain idiotic.
Which shows your narrowmindedness and contributes to your bigotry towards those who choose to have an opinion they do not in any way try to push onto others.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Which shows your narrowmindedness and contributes to your bigotry towards those who choose to have an opinion they do not in any way try to push onto others.
Yeah, I'm narrow-minded.

Sorry. It's not going to work with me. It's insane that you're calling me bigoted. People can say idiotic things about gays if they want to, but you shouldn't expect intelligent, educated people like myself to sit here and not correct them when they're wrong.

Again, "disagreeing" with homosexuality is like disagreeing with blue eyes or left-handedness. It's a silly position to take because homosexuality has existed for as long as history has been recorded.

For those who "disagree" with homosexuality, I ask you: What do you expect people to do if they find that they're only attracted to the same sex? Remain celibate for life? Or should they try to have sex with someone of the opposite sex even if they're totally uninterested in it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies