Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 06:24 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times

Advertisements

I'm going to have to wait until Good morning americas puts up a transcript from this mourning, but,

Bill O'Reilly, when asked if Sarah Palin was ready to be President said, "She needs more political seasoning, she needs to understand the issues better." Then he said, "She needs to go to political school."

Those are quotes. Since he is supposed to be the "no spin" guy, and every Republican I know listens to him, maybe the ultra right nuts should listen to him to.

Jeb Bush even said she isn't ready yet. She has no substance.

http://user.cloudfront.goodinc.com/c...966-w7zptj.jpg

And he's the good Bush brother.

Time to wake up neo-cons, she isn't ready, and probably never will be. I'm not sure why some people put her on a pedestal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 06:52 AM

8,885 posts, read 5,365,025 times
I thought BO wasn't ready to be President .... still do. Didn't stop liberals from nominating him, didn't stop people from voting for him. Why is Sarah Palin held to a different standard than BO?

Old 02-25-2010, 07:04 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Palin isn't ready but neither is Obama. So what's the point?

Old 02-25-2010, 08:02 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,220,958 times
Did not catch this, but if O'Reilly did say it, tend to agree, and I am to the right of him, and consider him to be only moderately conservative. I may be among the only small group on the right that is not enchanted by Palin, just do not think that she is qualified to be president. That said, am furious at the way she, and other conservative women, have been under constant attack from the left.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:16 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Funny how the left decries and dismisses anything the O'Reilly says until it matches their own agenda, isn't it?

Old 02-25-2010, 08:17 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I thought BO wasn't ready to be President .... still do. Didn't stop liberals from nominating him, didn't stop people from voting for him. Why is Sarah Palin held to a different standard than BO?
Liberals didn't agree with you. They did think President Obama was ready and qualified. It isn't a surprise that conservatives didn't agree with liberals. The point being made here is that conservatives don't agree with conservatives on the issue of Mrs Palin's readiness and qualifications.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:18 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm going to have to wait until Good morning americas puts up a transcript from this mourning, but,

Bill O'Reilly, when asked if Sarah Palin was ready to be President said, "She needs more political seasoning, she needs to understand the issues better." Then he said, "She needs to go to political school."

Those are quotes. Since he is supposed to be the "no spin" guy, and every Republican I know listens to him, maybe the ultra right nuts should listen to him to.

Time to wake up neo-cons, she isn't ready, and probably never will be. I'm not sure why some people put her on a pedestal.
To look up her skirt?

Old 02-25-2010, 08:20 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Funny how the left decries and dismisses anything the O'Reilly says until it matches their own agenda, isn't it?
Funny how defensive some conservatives become when someone on the conservative side says something that goes against the grain of other conservatives. Mrs Palin does lack "political seasoning". Why shouldn't Mr O'Reilly state the obvious?

Old 02-25-2010, 08:26 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Funny how defensive some conservatives become when someone on the conservative side says something that goes against the grain of other conservatives. Mrs Palin does lack "political seasoning". Why shouldn't Mr O'Reilly state the obvious?
I don't care if you marinated her and then rolled her in Italian bread crumbs, she would never be seasoned enough to lead a non theocratic, democratic, industrialized, super power nation. Even the thought is prepostorous.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:36 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Just a couple of points... First, I agree with Bill O on this.

second, Bill isnt a conservative

third, Palin is not a Neo-Con. She has more in common with the Tea Party conservatives than the Neo-Cons....

regardless, Bill is right about Palin. I love her because she can speak to the heart of some issues and she drives converstion in a conservative direction.

But she is not ready to be president and I honestly dont know if she ever will be ready.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies