Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 09:04 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times

Advertisements

blogs and opinions???

that's what makes you mad???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 09:09 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,206,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
People really should be thankful that those people who 'couldn't cut it in the private sector' are willing to pick up their garbage and educate their unruly children and answer their desperate calls for help in the middle of the night and spend freezing nights and boiling days in the mountains of Afghanistan to protect their privately employed derrierres.

thanks for that: it is incredible then that the more federal and state bureaucrats they hire, the dumber our kids get. but i must be grateful because it's free. (errr i wondered why i was paying taxes. it must be for all the free stuff)
thank god the US doesn't have universal healthcare yet because your response represents what type of healthcare we can expect under this system. "the treatment is rubbish, but it's free! so sit down and shut up"

besides, i'm a strong opponent of the war. if it was up to me our troops would've been home yesterday.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:11 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,293,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
who are you kidding, federal beaucratic employees are working for the federal goverment because they could not get a job anywhere else.
You ever TRIED applying for a federal government position? I can tell you the process is WAY more involved than it is for a private sector job...

You're basically talking out of your arse here.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:12 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,206,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Why do you come on here and cite "facts" that are completely wrong?

like what?

Old 02-25-2010, 09:12 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
You ever TRIED applying for a federal government position? I can tell you the process is WAY more involved than it is for a private sector job...

You're basically talking out of your arse here.

yes I have, and held one to. outside of the military. I got out before I was brainwashed.

also, of course it is more involved, beauracrats have to justify their jobs, otherwise they would be out of a job collecting unemployment.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
thanks for that: it is incredible then that the more federal and state bureaucrats they hire, the dumber our kids get. but i must be grateful because it's free. (errr i wondered why i was paying taxes. it must be for all the free stuff)
thank god the US doesn't have universal healthcare yet because your response represents what type of healthcare we can expect under this system. "the treatment is rubbish, but it's free! so sit down and shut up"

besides, i'm a strong opponent of the war. if it was up to me our troops would've been home yesterday.
Actually our kids getting "dumber" has much more to do with double-income households and parents who are uninvolved in their children's life.

But hey, don't let me cloud an issue that you have worked out so crystal clear in your mind with any real analysis of the situation or anything...

Old 02-25-2010, 09:14 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
My Brother in Law was forced into retirement because the FBI retires its agents at 55. He participated in and caught several significant criminals in his time as a government worker. He was and still is a cop at heart so now he provides security consulting in the private sector.

When I asked him why he was an FBI agent he responded with, "I like to catch crooks." That is an example of a government employee having a "higher calling." Not everyone is driven by greed.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:15 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
this thing of govt employees getting guaranteed pensions for life and free, full cover health insurance funded by the taxpayer, is unfair. we should all have to shop for health insurance and pension coverage in the same market. oh and by state employees i mean everyone, from this president and including all the others, all the members of congress, past and present down to council street sweepers.

Sorry, but where I live, the Staties have to pay for their Health Insurance, contribute to their own pensions, and there is no guarantee of lifetime employment.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
yes I have, and held one to. outside of the military. I got out before I was branwashed.

also, of course it is more involved, beauracrats have to justify their jobs, otherwise they would be out of a job collecting unemployment.
Were you military before? Where in the federal government did you work?

Old 02-25-2010, 09:16 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
& what state pays out free, full cover health insurance!??

Perhaps you should investigate how group plans & choice of plans work for federal & state workers.

I'm a teacher who pays $345/month for my husband & my insurance premium, $100 yrly deductible each, 20% co-pay beyond that on routine medical.
You'd better stay a teacher.... You probably wont get that sweet of a deal in a corporation job..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies