Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2010, 11:41 AM

37,953 posts, read 22,057,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
At the risk of sounding "hysterical", I only got one paragraph into the link before I saw exactly the main thing that I have a problem with:

Quote:
If they can afford to buy insurance on their own, they'll have to do so or face penalties.
That is my response also.

They want to pass a bill, thru extraordinary means, some of which use taxpayer money to carry out bribery, and some that skirt/violate the US Constitution, to make it a law, for the first time in our history, that as a function of citizenship we will be required to purchase a product or service, or be fined, imprisoned, or both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 11:52 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,823,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That is my response also.

They want to pass a bill, thru extraordinary means, some of which use taxpayer money to carry out bribery, and some that skirt/violate the US Constitution, to make it a law, for the first time in our history, that as a function of citizenship we will be required to purchase a product or service, or be fined, imprisoned, or both.
s

Despicable that these people will be forced to pay for Health Ins! Of course they should be allowed to continue to let you pay for their Health Care needs.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:59 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
s

Despicable that these people will be forced to pay for Health Ins! Of course they should be allowed to continue to let you pay for their Health Care needs.
He said "fine" with penalty of jail time.
There's nothing optional about this bill.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:47 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,716,205 times
I am sure we will all be thrilled with an IRS agent looking into every nook and cranny of your life making a decision on whether or not you have adequate enough coverage. I like being able to lower my primiums or raise them as I choose when I choose. This is so unconstitutional and will end up in court.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:13 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,174,245 times

YouTube - President Obama Gives Speech On The Need For Healthcare Reform

Old 03-19-2010, 01:42 PM

1,932 posts, read 1,821,888 times
I guess from the way the Republicans are voting, there are no Republicans in any state that need health care because they are all healthly. Who made this possible? WOW

Old 03-19-2010, 03:09 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,906,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
No skin off my nose. I'm repeating what I've seen stated on TV by actual family members about the interminable wait for diagnostics. Could it be that in BC it's different than in other parts of Canada? The contradiction you make makes no sense based upon what we hear down in the US.
You hear what you want to hear, as long as supports your cause. I have several Conservative friends , and they all hate Canada...wonder why ?
Open your ears and listen to what comes from someone who lives the life, walks the walk , and tells it like it IS , not just the same old crap that is just not true.......I have many Canadian friends , from all over the Country, they all like their Health care , and , can not see why the USA keeps going on and on...with blinders on.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Well..the pork was left in and Obama's promises were left out.
And insurance hikes will continue only now taxpayers will foot the bill.
Thank you Democrats.

Final health bill omits some of Obama's promises - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100319/ap_on_bi_ge/us_health_care_obama_s_promises - broken link)
snippet:
"It was a bold response to skyrocketing health insurance premiums. President Barack Obama would give federal authorities the power to block unreasonable rate hikes.

Yet when Democrats unveiled the final, incarnation of their health care bill this week, the proposal was nowhere to be found.
Ditto with several Republican ideas that Obama had said he wanted to include after a televised bipartisan summit last month, including a plan by Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma to send investigators disguised as patients to hospitals in search of waste, fraud and abuse.

And those "special deals" that Obama railed against and said he wanted to eliminate? With the exception of two of the most notorious — extra Medicaid money for Nebraska and a carve-out for Florida seniors faced with losing certain extra Medicare benefits — they are all still there."

Old 03-19-2010, 04:52 PM

918 posts, read 815,465 times

YouTube - Know the TRUTH about the Government Health Care Bill H.R.3200 - Key Points

FYI:
The bill> http://budget.house.gov/doc-library/FY2010/03.15.2010_reconciliation2010.PDF (broken link)

Old 03-19-2010, 05:40 PM

18,924 posts, read 14,111,175 times
Welcome to the cage match:
[] recipients versus [] donors (aka taxpayers)

The battle begins - - -
can government manipulate the people to give more to recipients by taking more from the donors? And let government get that much justification for growing and spending more?

The match is about to start...

WAIT, the referee blows his whistle.
"Guys, what are you fighting about?"
Ans: "Skyrocketing medical costs!"
Q: "What is the source of the increase?"
Ans: "Uh... greedy physicians who are cutting feet off for higher fees..."
(?)
Ans: "Uh... greedy hospitals that are over billing..."
(?)
Ans: "Uh... malpractice insurance premiums..."
(?)
Ans: "Uh... administrative overhead and bureaucracy..."

Referee: "I think you're trying to deflect blame. Isn't it the fault of government? Didn't government cause the increase in cost?"

Ans: "Yeah... but..."
Referee: "Isn't government the source of inflation, malpractice tort abuse, taxes, regulations, bureaucracy, compulsory acceptance of non-payers, and so on?"
Ans: "Yeah... but..."
Referee: "Yeah, but WHAT?"
Ans: "YOU CONSENTED TO IT!"

[head smack]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies