Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 02:05 PM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoPro View Post
Blah blah blah... I think it's time to sit down and shut up. First, for those of you who take the 3 quotes (coming to a total of 16 whole seconds) taken completely out of context as the end-all be-all, you are the ones who are being hand fed crack from a spoon. You don't know what was said before or after any of the comments. The talk could have gone like this for all you know:
Most adults out there are going to tell you that the only way to have safe sex is to have no sex at all, or they are going to say "just say no to drugs". Now we are younger kids attending Boulder, and we aren't going to lie to you or present you with untrue statements. We understand that today is a different world that our parents don't understand at times, and that at some point you might be faced with these dillemmas. I'm not going to tell you "don't have sex" and "don't do drugs", rather, I'm going to encourage you to have sex, and I'm going to encourage your to do drugs appropriately, but I'm going to encourage you to truly think about your actions before you do them. Take the time to sit down and weigh the benefits and consequences of your actions. Sure, you could go down to the corner and do some crack, but do you really want to end up like these people who were addicted to crack*SHOWS 30 minutes of slides of homeless drug addicts*.

Or maybe they were saying this when the second statement was taken out of context:

If you are going to have to sex, the safest thing you can do is to wear a condom. Sure, we know how it is, sometimes it's a pain in the a** to use them. That's the thing they don't tell you about condoms. If you're lucky enough to get them on and you still stay hard, it's hard to stay hard, and it doesn't feel as good, but on the other hand, how good do you think it feel to have a VD when every time you go pee it burns, or how good do you think it's going to feel to have a baby? Is that really worth it? No, it's not, and that is why you should ALWAYS wear a condom. Take the time to find the right size if you need to, etc etc..

or for the last message:
We understand that some people are very unnaccepting of homosexual individuals, but we want every single one of you to know that it's very natural for young people to experiment with same-sex relationships, and nobody should be looked town upon for their values. We want your generation to be the next generation that can accept people for who they are and not what they are about. You're generation is the future, and you cannot keep the hate going.

I wasn't there, so I don't know what was said, but nobody has any right to make any kind of educated assumption as to what REALLY went on in there based off of what was presented in the video. Come on, look at the basics people - that was a 1:30 video, of which 16 seconds were transcript, while the other 1:14 was Bill O-BloatMe inserting flagrant statements to bloat his own ego about how wonderful and smart both he and his viewers really are.

"Quick honey - let's get the kids out of public school where they have some chance of fitting in and having a normal life, and send them to private school to be forced to sit in the same room for every class with the same 30 spoiled rotten snotty kids with no moral values whatsoever." - Brilliant idea! Umm not.. Where do you people think the "Catholic School Girl" fantasies came from? It was because the Catholic school girls were the biggest sl*ts out of all the other girls. - If you're that scared, why don't you just homeschool them so you can teach them all about life as you see it from the inside of a crackerjack box?
Yes, good post & I agree completely... except maybe the part about private school kids, since I was one of them - and certainly wasn't snotty or completely lacking in morals. In fact, all the experimenting I did was introduced to me by my PUBLIC school friends. But regardless, I get your point, and totally agree that people are taking this out of context. I said that earlier, but of course the ones who WANT to believe Bill O will... and hey, if it makes them feel better, let Bill stroke their egos until they see the truth first-hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2007, 07:35 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoPro View Post
Blah blah blah... I think it's time to sit down and shut up. First, for those of you who take the 3 quotes (coming to a total of 16 whole seconds) taken completely out of context as the end-all be-all, you are the ones who are being hand fed crack from a spoon. You don't know what was said before or after any of the comments. The talk could have gone like this for all you know:
Most adults out there are going to tell you that the only way to have safe sex is to have no sex at all, or they are going to say "just say no to drugs". Now we are younger kids attending Boulder, and we aren't going to lie to you or present you with untrue statements. We understand that today is a different world that our parents don't understand at times, and that at some point you might be faced with these dillemmas. I'm not going to tell you "don't have sex" and "don't do drugs", rather, I'm going to encourage you to have sex, and I'm going to encourage your to do drugs appropriately, but I'm going to encourage you to truly think about your actions before you do them. Take the time to sit down and weigh the benefits and consequences of your actions. Sure, you could go down to the corner and do some crack, but do you really want to end up like these people who were addicted to crack*SHOWS 30 minutes of slides of homeless drug addicts*.

Or maybe they were saying this when the second statement was taken out of context:

If you are going to have to sex, the safest thing you can do is to wear a condom. Sure, we know how it is, sometimes it's a pain in the a** to use them. That's the thing they don't tell you about condoms. If you're lucky enough to get them on and you still stay hard, it's hard to stay hard, and it doesn't feel as good, but on the other hand, how good do you think it feel to have a VD when every time you go pee it burns, or how good do you think it's going to feel to have a baby? Is that really worth it? No, it's not, and that is why you should ALWAYS wear a condom. Take the time to find the right size if you need to, etc etc..

or for the last message:
We understand that some people are very unnaccepting of homosexual individuals, but we want every single one of you to know that it's very natural for young people to experiment with same-sex relationships, and nobody should be looked town upon for their values. We want your generation to be the next generation that can accept people for who they are and not what they are about. You're generation is the future, and you cannot keep the hate going.

I wasn't there, so I don't know what was said, but nobody has any right to make any kind of educated assumption as to what REALLY went on in there based off of what was presented in the video. Come on, look at the basics people - that was a 1:30 video, of which 16 seconds were transcript, while the other 1:14 was Bill O-BloatMe inserting flagrant statements to bloat his own ego about how wonderful and smart both he and his viewers really are.

"Quick honey - let's get the kids out of public school where they have some chance of fitting in and having a normal life, and send them to private school to be forced to sit in the same room for every class with the same 30 spoiled rotten snotty kids with no moral values whatsoever." - Brilliant idea! Umm not.. Where do you people think the "Catholic School Girl" fantasies came from? It was because the Catholic school girls were the biggest sl*ts out of all the other girls. - If you're that scared, why don't you just homeschool them so you can teach them all about life as you see it from the inside of a crackerjack box?

The students that were interviewed on TV said it was inappropriate and they did encourage them to have sex, experiment with same sex and drugs. The message they got about condoms was, well they just don’t feel good. They also stated they should have had speakers with the opposite view (I guess that would get in the way of their agenda). The school acknowledged it was wrong and you forget to mention the guy saying if he had some ecstasy he would do it with one of them.

If you print the story print it all. Of course you miss the suggestive nature of how the guy talked. I suggest people try to hear the audio

Old 06-10-2007, 03:27 AM

I came across a speech on YouTube that really breaks it down about the agenda in the schools. It's long but well worth listening to. It is one of the most common sense speeches I have heard.

"How Modern Liberals Think"

Old 06-10-2007, 04:41 PM

13 posts, read 51,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Of course if it comes from Bill O'Reilly it must be a lie, unlike the far left liberal biased news that deliveres the "truth". LOL

This was part of the email sent to me from Dr. George F. García, Superintendent of Boulder High. Also with a little bit of search you can find the whole audio of this incident by these devients that would encourage sex, same sex expimentation and drug use all without the protection of condoms because it is "hard to keep it hard" with condoms ha ha ha , on the internet.
I also emailed Sup Garcia and got the same boilerplate links. I read them and nothing changed my mind, they are still irresponsible clowns.

Old 06-10-2007, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimes View Post
I also emailed Sup Garcia and got the same boilerplate links. I read them and nothing changed my mind, they are still irresponsible clowns.
Agreed but the pressure must be on. He emailed me back in two hours. I believe they are looking into filing charges against those responsible for advocating kids to practice dangerous behaviors and drug use.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:10 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,900,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Agreed but the pressure must be on. He emailed me back in two hours. I believe they are looking into filing charges against those responsible for advocating kids to practice dangerous behaviors and drug use.
If I wanted to destroy the country, I'd do what we are doing now: encourage irresponsible behaviors, pass costly laws that paradoxically won't ever be enforced, soak the productive classes, and engage in endless domestic and foreign policies that are "high" on ideology but have soft, slimy underbellies. The invading foreign army would only be the coup de grace.

Rome fell in exactly the same way, and they had a few centuries of painful decline ... and I'm not talking merely about threatened pensions and paying for one's own health care. Best undergrad class I ever took, even though I rarely cite any of it.

I'm not going to say that these things happened in the 1880s or 1920s, etc but I recently feel like I woke up ten years later, with all other indicators in decline except for high-speed internet access. If a decade passes so quickly, why not two or three? O'Reilly may be stroking his own ego, but he provides a valuable service in alerting us to the seeds of destruction, even if his ends are the preservation of some society that may have never existed.

Old 06-10-2007, 11:48 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Other issues are far more pressing. I'm sure no children were irreparably harmed and none heard information they haven't already been made aware of by the media, their peers, movies, and television.

Wow, all 94,000 people in Boulder are an embarrassment to the country! They talked sex and drugs in front of teenagers! The whole world is crumbling and all I can think of is comparisons to the fall of Rome!

Like I said, instead of practicing medieval vengeance and carrying torches up hillsides in the dark, can we direct our attention to far more important issues?

Sex and drugs are NOT the problem. They are symptoms of larger, more serious issues.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Other issues are far more pressing. I'm sure no children were irreparably harmed and none heard information they haven't already been made aware of by the media, their peers, movies, and television.

Wow, all 94,000 people in Boulder are an embarrassment to the country! They talked sex and drugs in front of teenagers! The whole world is crumbling and all I can think of is comparisons to the fall of Rome!

Like I said, instead of practicing medieval vengeance and carrying torches up hillsides in the dark, can we direct our attention to far more important issues?

Sex and drugs are NOT the problem. They are symptoms of larger, more serious issues.
Why don't you ask those dying of AIDs if sex and drugs are a problem. If schools promote dangerous behaviors it has more impact then what's on the tube. Of course that's the agenda anyway.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:41 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Citigirl, I understand your first two sentences, but you completely undermine your argument with the third. You ignore the larger issues of which sex and drugs are merely symptoms.

There's a big difference between talking about taboo subjects and promoting them. I've read nothing here that indicates that such behaviors were actually promoted. It's like most people who oppose homosexuality--any mention of it in any context is promotion, part of a larger society-destroying AGENDA. Yeah, there's an agenda out there all right. And it's not coming from gay people.

Let's address the problems that cause people to use drugs and have meaningless sex. I will still insist that sex and drugs are NOT the problem. Low self-esteem, a sense of hopelessness and isolation, overwhelming world issues and a feeling of meaningless all contribute to dangerous behaviors. If there is any agenda, might I suggest that it comes from our large corporations who brainwash us into comatose consumerism and reduce all human interaction to instant gratification? Fix these problems and illicit drug use would decline and/or be used in more spiritually uplifting and meaningful ways (I support marijuana legalization by the way). If we attach value to each other, this one-night-stand meat market we live in would blossom into long-lasting fulfilling relationships.

What happened in Boulder is a non-issue being employed by the media to foment more divisiveness and hatred, and to purposefully distract us from the larger issues.

Old 06-11-2007, 02:54 PM

764 posts, read 1,456,960 times
A lot in this discussion reminds me of Plato’s The Allegory of the Cave. Being confined in that cave is a sure way to limit one’s reasoning ability.

Making that gathering mandatory was wrong; I think that has been admitted and actions will be taken. IF inappropriate suggestions were made, I’m sure concerned parents will take actions, right or wrong—not my place to judge.

I hope that most of the parents who do participate in the aftermath are NOT parents who habitually expect school employees to raise their kids, who are suddenly given an opportunity to show their outrage publicly to give the impression of having been model parents who trusted the schools and have now been betrayed. I hope the students who participate in the aftermath are NOT students seeking the limelight that is now available. I believe anyone who does NOT think these things will occur is in the cave where some parents would like their children to be.

Good parenting includes involvement with the schools the kids are attending; surely nobody will disagree with that. When my kids were in school many years ago, I did not see a lot of participation with schools or school boards. My daughter was a real handful and thought she was smarter than many of her teachers as she got into her teens. Problem was that she was right in many cases.

Home schooling and private schools can be good in my experiences, but not if the curriculum is of the “cave” variety. In my humble opinion, public schools with lots of parent participation are likely to be the best teaching mechanisms, provided that the parent participation includes doing whatever is possible to get high quality teachers who will teach a well-rounded curriculum.

Whether I agree with the outraged posters or not, it’s good to see concern, but several of the posts would indicate that some think the answer is to subject children to education in Plato’s Cave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies