Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 06:29 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,591,550 times

Advertisements

JACKSON, Mississippi — A former Ku Klux Klansman convicted in the 1964 slayings of three civil rights workers has sued the FBI, claiming the government used a mafia hit man to pistol-whip and intimidate witnesses for information in the case.

Edgar Ray Killen, an 85-year-old former saw mill operator and one-time Baptist preacher, was convicted in 2005 of manslaughter based in part on testimony from a mistrial 40 years ago in Mississippi.

Ex-Ku Klux Klan Member Convicted in 1964 Murders Sues FBI - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 06:34 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
"suppress, chill, and tortuously interfere with his constitutionally protected activities of free speech and freedom of association, all in defense of his society and culture, and otherwise injure him and abridge his civil rights."

I do so love irony.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:47 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
I watched Mississippi Burning two nights ago which was about the murder of those three civil rights workers, if the movie portrayed with any accuracy what really happened those KKK members should have been hung instead of getting 7 to 10 years in prison.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:26 PM

646 posts, read 801,475 times
Mississippi is 40% black.I don't think anyone in a state like say Wisconsin which is what 2% black,has any right to comment on the affairs of race relations in Mississippi.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:45 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
Mississippi is 40% black.I don't think anyone in a state like say Wisconsin which is what 2% black,has any right to comment on the affairs of race relations in Mississippi.
Would you like to clarify your intentions of this post?

Old 02-25-2010, 07:48 PM

135 posts, read 139,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I watched Mississippi Burning two nights ago which was about the murder of those three civil rights workers, if the movie portrayed with any accuracy what really happened those KKK members should have been hung instead of getting 7 to 10 years in prison.
I just watched "Mississippi Burning" a couple of hours ago, and I think that the civil rights workers had to know that rocking the boat would cause more than a few ripples. I am not saying that I think they should've been killed, but I believe that they knew they were taking a big risk (especially the black worker). As a matter of fact, he should've told the two Jewish guys as they left the jail that night that they wouldn't get out of there alive. He never prepared them for what Mississippi had in store (and he was from there).

Old 02-25-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Would you like to clarify your intentions of this post?
be glad to,I think at that time in American history alot of things were going real quick for the folks of the south,especially in Miss and Alabama.These states and also South Carolina,where even today they are 40% black,I think the government knew that there would be casualties,and I do not condone violence but the government used these "freedom riders" as sacraficial lambs.Now,it is easy for northerners whose states have such a small amount of minorities to judge race relations. As a matter of fact, in a few southern states the blacks who get special treatment for being a minority are really not a minority after all.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:42 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
be glad to,I think at that time in American history alot of things were going real quick for the folks of the south,especially in Miss and Alabama.These states and also South Carolina,where even today they are 40% black,I think the government knew that there would be casualties,and I do not condone violence but the government used these "freedom riders" as sacraficial lambs.Now,it is easy for northerners whose states have such a small amount of minorities to judge race relations. As a matter of fact, in a few southern states the blacks who get special treatment for being a minority are really not a minority after all.
When southerners say these things it's all double speak and trash talking. Nothing was going "real quick" in the south.

In September 22,1862 the south was told to get it's act together, the Emancipation Proclamation explained it in great detail.

On August 4,1964 these three men were murdered, they were murdered by ignorant backwards people whose community had almost 103 years to end their racist ways and obey the law of the land and the morals that this country was based on!!

They chose not to and brought the eventual destruction of their apartheid system upon themselves!

This country produced three brave men who gave their lives so that other human beings could be treated like human beings!

Hope this walking cess pool never experiences an ounce of freedom for the rest of his miserable life.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:55 PM

135 posts, read 139,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
When southerners say these things it's all double speak and trash talking. Nothing was going "real quick" in the south.

In September 22,1862 the south was told to get it's act together, the Emancipation Proclamation explained it in great detail.

On August 4,1964 these three men were murdered, they were murdered by ignorant backwards people whose community had almost 103 years to end their racist ways and obey the law of the land and the morals that this country was based on!!

They chose not to and brought the eventual destruction of their apartheid system upon themselves!

This country produced three brave men who gave their lives so that other human beings could be treated like human beings!

Hope this walking cess pool never experiences an ounce of freedom for the rest of his miserable life.
"by ignorant backwards people" do you ever have anything positive to say or do you sit in your trailer and think of hateful things to say about the south.Go eat an ice cream cone Marky Mark,because of the deaths in afghan and Iraq,47% have been southerners,you and your hate speech toward southerners is laughable,but it is our men dying so your liberal joke opinions are free to express.There is a saying in the south,Thank God for Mississippi,and their state flag.Try not to cuss in your response there, brainwave

Old 02-25-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jksevers View Post
"by ignorant backwards people" do you ever have anything positive to say or do you sit in your trailer and think of hateful things to say about the south.Go eat an ice cream cone Marky Mark,because of the deaths in afghan and Iraq,47% have been southerners,you and your hate speech toward southerners is laughable,but it is our men dying so your liberal joke opinions are free to express.There is a saying in the south,Thank God for Mississippi,and their state flag.Try not to cuss in your response there, brainwave
I don't think he can say a sentence without cussing,I wonder if he kisses his boyfriend with that mouth,by the way Mississippi rules.Heck,they produced ELVIS Presley
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies