Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 06:31 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I don't care what side of the aisle he's on, but it would seem more effective to admonish the staff member who actually was responsible.
So you do not think that rangel is responsible for knowing the house ethic rules? You think he has to have staff tell him what the ethics rules after being in congress for over 30 years.
If you need a staff member to tell you that it is not ethical to accept a free trips from Citi bank are you competent to be in congress? And youa re the most powerful chairman in the senate?
I can not believe you are defending such corruption
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
I live in NY. No matter what unethical or even illegal acts Rangel has done, is doing, or will do, he is untouchable. He is a key cog in the Democratic machine in both Washington and NY. No significant disciplinary action will be taken.

Mark my words.
you are probably correct. Corruption is too deep to take action against him.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:05 AM

918 posts, read 816,882 times
I'm a New Yorker. Rangel is a longtime dirtbag politico here and black racist power-broker. There are no two ways about it. This ethics slap on the wrist deal only covered one small violation. There are at least FOUR others not addressed, which I look for them to let slide as there is little anti-Rangel power here in NY. Rangel surrounds himself with buddies he also corrupts quietly so they won't out him to cover his *ss. He's not stupid. Spread the cancer of corruption around. Bottom line, party notwithstanding, the old-boys network never changes. That's why we have to THROW ALL THE BUMS OUT come NOVEMBER.

This is the complant filed against him. Not too long. A bit tedious to read, but necessary to understand these bums.
http://www.nlpc.org/sites/default/fi...plaint_0-1.PDF

When Michael Steele, now Republican chair and black also, advocated for cutting taxes this was Rangel's comment:
"It's not 'sp*c' or 'n*gger' anymore," said Rep. Rangel after Republicans became the congressional majority in 1994. "They say, 'Let's cut taxes.'"
The guy is a pure, 100%, unrepentent dirtbag.

During the long-ago, infamous Tawana Brawley scandal and sham he stood up and decried the actions of Jesse Jerkson and Sharpy Sharpton in managing this outrage in his orchestrated local press conferences, but in real life they had a grand backdoor friendship and scratched each others' backs. In doing that he KNEW that he was DOING THEM AN unspoken FAVOR by keeping the press spotlight on the sham. They ruined innocent people's lives and walked away from it like American black racists usually do...with no consequences except a law suit that was never fulfilled as to penalties paid by Sharpton. He's also beat payment on a federal tax rap. ONLY POSSIBLE if you're the right color of skin. If you're black and powerful in the good old US of A you walk away clean. Professional racist Al Sharpton ruined careers with the Tawana Brawley hoax, got Yankel Rosenbaum killed by inciting riots in Crown Heights, and provoked the murder of seven people at a "white interloper's" store in Harlem. He also shut down New York City's bridges and tunnels with yet another of his self-serving publicity stunts a few years back. Rather than the contempt and derision he deserves, Sharpton has been rewarded with a position of great prominence in the Democrat Party, and treated with absurdly inappropriate respect by the media.As of 2008 he was $1.5 million behind in his taxes. And his National Action Network's failure to properly maintain workers compensation and unemployment insurance...Oops! He's also under federal investigation by the FBI and IRS, and ten of his associates have received grand jury subpoenas. Old Al knows the game and dodges the hook by pleading guilty to some insignificant misdemeanor with a preordained plea agreement. I see Al as real potential material for an Obama appointment to the United State Supreme Court. They're buds y'know...

We've also got white trash like Chuckie-boy Schumer, palsy-walsy with the black trash here representing us. He's got a grand history that never hits the national media. One such incident is revealing. In 1974, 16-year-old Jay Homnick and his father attended a meeting in New York's Flatbush area. Schumer, running for State Assembly, spoke to an audience of local whites and Italian, Jewish and Slavic immigrants, who wanted to remove three city blocks of Avenue K apartments. Why? The tenants were almost 100 percent black. Schumer, according to a 2006 American Spectator article by Homnick, told the group that if elected, he had a plan. The apartment buildings would be renovated and sold as condos. The original tenants would be offered the right to purchase the new condos, but these blacks would be priced out of the market. And there they go...no mop' problem. Amazing gaul isn't it. Schumer is the *sshole you always see hovering, with a half smirking grin, in the power position with D*ckhead Durbin of Michigan standing closely...very closely, right behind Harry Reid when the media is looking. Brothers in crime congregating ever so close. He's a reprehensible human being.

Just a sampling from the left of some that need to go in my neighborhood. They are entrenched for many years for only one reason. Naively stupid liberal New York Jewish voters who rubber-stamp them based on their eternal "white guilt" syndome carryover from the post WWII era. It was reinforced by generational transition in the civil rights 60s and nothing ever changes for the hypocrites. The right has candidates too, but not in my neighborhood. I'm blessed with all lefties. That's why I call it a "liberal cesspool".

In closing I leave you with one question that inquiring New Yorkers want to know the answer to...

Old 02-26-2010, 07:07 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So you do not think that rangel is responsible for knowing the house ethic rules? You think he has to have staff tell him what the ethics rules after being in congress for over 30 years.
If you need a staff member to tell you that it is not ethical to accept a free trips from Citi bank are you competent to be in congress? And youa re the most powerful chairman in the senate?
I can not believe you are defending such corruption
I'm not defending corruption. Rangel said he didn't know where the contributions came from, I'm not going to second guess his knowledge. The bigger picture here is how inefficient the ethics committee is. They say Rangel is innocent, but is none the less responsible. What does that even mean? He gets a slap on the wrist, and then nothing. Why are they *****-footing around? I don't get their double-speak. If he's guilty then apply a penalty. It makes no sense to me.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:09 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Ethics panel says Rangel broke House rules

Powerful N.Y. Democrat says findings against him are 'disturbing'

When is enough corruption enough?

Panel says Rep. Rangel broke House rules - Capitol Hill- msnbc.com
Rangel is a democrat, so I'm sure his intentions were good, and this is all a misunderstanding.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:11 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:

First he is a Dem. so he is entitled to be above the law, according to this government....read; Pelosi, Reid, Geithner and Obama!

This man should be held responsible and maybe join Madoff for a short period...

Old 02-26-2010, 07:15 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,402,348 times
He should have known better. Politicians need to be doing it cleaner than the rest of us. Pay your taxes and keep your flies zipped. Is it asking too much?

Old 02-26-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I'm not defending corruption. Rangel said he didn't know where the contributions came from, I'm not going to second guess his knowledge. The bigger picture here is how inefficient the ethics committee is. They say Rangel is innocent, but is none the less responsible. What does that even mean? He gets a slap on the wrist, and then nothing. Why are they *****-footing around? I don't get their double-speak. If he's guilty then apply a penalty. It makes no sense to me.
The ethics committee is controlled by his party.
So we are to believe he was given a trip and he did not ask where the trip came from. The fact that he is accepting a trip that he says he did not know where it comes from shows how corrupt he is.
Why would a US congress member accept a trip he and did not ask where the trip comes from.
is he no aware the ethics and laws on accepting trips, should he not have asked where is it coming from?
So he blames his aides like he was a preschooler caught stealing a cookie
Is he this dumb or this corrupt.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:06 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,860,796 times
Quote:

When is Rangel going to be kicked out of Washington? This guy is the biggest cheat, crook and liar in DC.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:32 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
Regardless of whether or not Rangel knew where the donations had come from, this man has a long history and pattern of corruption.

He improperly leased four rent-controlled apartments, paying about half of what the going rate on them were. While that's just fine and dandy, this violated the House gifts rule and campaign finance laws, especially since he used one of the apartments as a personal campaign headquarter office.

He improperly used Congressional letterhead to solicit funds, which again violated House rules.

He failed to report $75,000 of rental income from his beachfront villa in the Dominican Republic since 1988. He has since paid back $10,000. The interest on this loan was also waived from 1990-1997, which may have also violated House Gifts rules.

He helped keep in place an important tax loophole for a Nabor Industries company that he was actively soliciting donations from at the time. Of course it is difficult to prove if he accepted contributions in direct exchange for his legislative assistance.

He has repeatedly failed to disclose the value of all his assets and all his unearned income. "From 2002-2006, Rep. Rangel failed to report up to $1.3 million in outside income on his financial disclosure forms. On August 12, 2009, Rep. Rangel filed an amendment to his 2007 personal financial disclosure form. The original report failed to disclose between $512,009 and $1.18 million in assets, including a checking account worth at least $250,000. If Rep. Rangel knowingly and willfully failed to disclose, or misrepresented, the true value of his personal assets on his financial disclosure forms, he would appear to be in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1001."

For several years, Rangel used a House parking facility to store a 1972 Mercedes that was unlicensed and not registered. The parking storage space was valued at $290/month. Not only did he not report this, it is against House rules to store unlicensed vehicles in a House garage without a valid parking permit.

This man is a career criminal who uses taxpayer funds to line his own pockets. If we cannot even rid our own government of overt criminals, what does that say about our government?

Here's a copy of the full report and investigation into Rangel. http://www.crewsmostcorrupt.org/files/Rangel.pdf (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies