Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 09:12 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
There is no money behind the stilmulus bill.

When stimulus checks come back for payment, the Treasury goes out and borrows the money for it.
I'll let YOU argue with yourself over this one..
Quote:
Bunning is sitting on his useless duff and crying that he's sick and tired of borrowing to pay for stuff, so he's going to extend this little temper tantrum of his until the Senate agrees to his plan to borrow to pay for stuff instead!!!
Um, its the DEMOCRATS plan to pass paygo and require that ALL spending be offset, you can whine all you want about Bunning holding Democrats to THEIR OWN standards..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 09:13 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wow, thats the biggest piece of crap I've read in my entire life..
On the basis of what, exactly?

Quote:
So Bunning should pass the unemployment, so that millions of tv subscribers wont lose their programming? Tell me WHAT THE HELL one has to do with the other? I know it wasnt your intent, but fantastic job at proving how fk up Washington is..
Gee, I'm very sorry to learn that you have not been attentive enough to understand that there are more things in the extension than just unemployment benefits. And you're usuallly SO SHARP about these sorts of things...

Old 02-28-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Gee, I'm very sorry to learn that you have not been attentive enough to understand that there are more things in the extension than just unemployment benefits. And you're usuallly SO SHARP about these sorts of things...
I'm well aware this is how Washington works. The fact that you dont see the problem in it, is your problem, not mine..

Are we going to have millions of americans tonight shouting "I want my MTV"? Ooh no!, lets spend $10B to give them what they want..

Old 02-28-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Which is why paygo was just a sham... Made good press, but the minute Democrats want something, they will call it an emergency and paygo goes out the window...
Oh yeah, it's just shameful the way the Democrats have treated pay-go, especially when you look at how the Republicans have put all that wall-to-wall, 24/7 support behind the idea for just years and years and years...

Old 02-28-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Oh yeah, it's just shameful the way the Democrats have treated pay-go, especially when you look at how the Republicans have put all that wall-to-wall, 24/7 support behind the idea for just years and years and years...
Hey, if you want to support paygo then do it.. Put your money where your mouth is and offset the spending.. THAT IS THE BILL... You can sit here and whine all you want but I didnt pass the bill. Your party did, and passing bills have consequences... LIVE WITH IT..

Old 02-28-2010, 09:24 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Wow, thats the biggest piece of crap I've read in my entire life..

So Bunning should pass the unemployment, so that millions of tv subscribers wont lose their programming? Tell me WHAT THE HELL one has to do with the other? I know it wasnt your intent, but fantastic job at proving how fk up Washington is..
It has a lot to do with the bill because the bill included an extension of the copyright used by satellite TV companies. that runs out at midnight.

Sen. Bunning blocks unemployment benefits extension - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20100226/pl_mcclatchy/3437997 - broken link)

Old 02-28-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
It has a lot to do with the bill because the bill included an extension of the copyright used by satellite TV companies. that runs out at midnight.

Sen. Bunning blocks unemployment benefits extension - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20100226/pl_mcclatchy/3437997 - broken link)
I know they are both in the same bill, but one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Tell me why Bunning should bend over and violate the "paygo" rule that was JUST created, so that people can get satellite tv?

Its simple, the bill is $10B if I recall... all Democrats have to do is offset the spending and support the rule THEY created, and this bill will get passed. Its Democrats refusing to offset spending and put their money where their mouth is.. Not Bunning.

If you are going to keep violating paygo, whats the point in having it in the first place?

Old 02-28-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
And lets not forget that these benefits were provided for in the original bipartisan jobs bill. The one Reid single-handedly threw out the window.
Bipartisan? What was the jobs bill vote last Wednesday? 70-28? Do the math...

Last edited by saganista; 02-28-2010 at 09:59 AM..

Old 02-28-2010, 09:33 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
I know they are both in the same bill, but one has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Tell me why Bunning should bend over and violate the "paygo" rule that was JUST created, so that people can get satellite tv?

Its simple, the bill is $10B if I recall... all Democrats have to do is offset the spending and support the rule THEY created, and this bill will get passed. Its Democrats refusing to offset spending and put their money where their mouth is.. Not Bunning..
They are only voting to extent the program for one month to buy them time to come up with a more permanent, paygo way to fund it. Because he wasn't willing to do that, it will cost the government more money in the long run because 1.2 million people get dropped off at midnight and will have to reapply. A needless waste of administrative money and man hours just because Bunning was the lone person who either doesn't understand that or doesn't care.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
They are only voting to extent the program for one month to buy them time to come up with a more permanent, paygo way to fund it. Because he wasn't willing to do that, it will cost the government more money in the long run because 1.2 million people get dropped off at midnight and will have to reapply. A needless waste of administrative money and man hours just because Bunning was the lone person who either doesn't understand that or doesn't care.
So Bunning should bend over and violate paygo because Democrats were incompetent and didnt propose extending unemployment a month ago? SORRY.. You arent going to blame Bunning because Democrats dropped the ball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies