Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 11:46 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy1 View Post
So, to the point .... THE VAMC SYSTEM SUCKS!!!
I trust the independent surveys about the VA more than a rant from a disgruntled former employee.

I also trust my father, a veteran of the Vietnam War, who has been very happy with the care he's received from the VA system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 12:01 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Those monkey are really cute But....

My husband did his surgical residency in a VA - he now specializes in wound care and does amputations. I think your reaction to amputation vs antibiotic therapy for wounds is simplistic. There are many reasons an amputation must occur. If it is true, what you say, that the VA you worked
for does amputations merely because it's the less expensive route, then you should become a whistle blower and be commended for bringing attention to it. Otherwise, do not
paint surgical docs who work in the VA system with such
a Wide brush.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:01 PM

114 posts, read 111,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I trust the independent surveys about the VA more than a rant from a disgruntled former employee.

I also trust my father, a veteran of the Vietnam War, who has been very happy with the care he's received from the VA system.

Bahahaha hahaha lol ..... Yeah, I'm a "disgruntled former employee".

FYI -- They threw me a HUGE "CONGRATULATIONS" Party when I left the VA .... which I thoroughly appreciated and enjoyed!! Like I said before, I left the VA System for much BIGGER and BETTER things!!!

Last edited by Kappy1; 02-27-2010 at 12:31 PM..

Old 02-27-2010, 12:02 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
He did very well in the meeting. However, he missed a good opportunity for a dig at Cantor's prop(2400 page bill). He could have said, "Eric, I am glad to see that at least one of you brought something other than blank pages to this discussion".

Funny you should say that. The Washington Post ran an apology of sorts and correction today in Editorial for writing that Cantor used it as a prop. They even went so far as to point out that Cantor had it tabbed for reference.

washingtonpost.com

Old 02-27-2010, 12:05 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:

It irritates me when I hear the VA being unjustly slammed by statements so patently false. I have been receiving VA care for quite some time, I know the assertions are false. The surveys are correct. The fact that the VA is performing so well, is testimony to those that work at the process. When you consider the additional burden of 2 wars that were not only not paid for, the VA was significantly underfunded as well. The costs of providing for the wounded and injured from those wars, has finally been addressed, oh, and that was by Obama.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:08 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
And... you point is?
His point is that hey have found their voice and the American people and a number of Democrats are listening and because of Repulicans repeating it the Democrats have become impotent on health care.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Those monkey are really cute But....

My husband did his surgical residency in a VA - he now specializes in wound care and does amputations. I think your reaction to amputation vs antibiotic therapy for wounds is simplistic. There are many reasons an amputation must occur. If it is true, what you say, that the VA you worked
for does amputations merely because it's the less expensive route, then you should become a whistle blower and be commended for bringing attention to it. Otherwise, do not
paint surgical docs who work in the VA system with such
a Wide brush.
A "whistleblower" ... hahaha ... Let me ask you, who would you recommend we "whistleblow" to??? ... The government??? hahahaha hahahah

Trust me, the VA's Medical Administration and Quality Assurance Dept. has been working/dealing with this for a long, long time. We HAVE blown our "whistles" many times....only to be listened to through death ears.

The problem with the VA's quality IS NOT THE DOCTORS. The doctors at the VA are, for the most part, very good doctors. Hell, my own doctor worked at the VA. And a great majority of the Attending physicians that work at the VA also work at other high-quality and respectable hospitals. The problem is that doctors are hamstrung by COST! There were many numerous times when a physician would want to run a medical test, or perform a surgery that would have greatly benefited the patient, BUT because of COST and BUREAUCRATIC BS, they were not permitted to.

"THAT" is what you get when you have "government run healthcare"!!!

Old 02-27-2010, 12:25 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It irritates me when I hear the VA being unjustly slammed by statements so patently false. I have been receiving VA care for quite some time, I know the assertions are false. The surveys are correct. The fact that the VA is performing so well, is testimony to those that work at the process. When you consider the additional burden of 2 wars that were not only not paid for, the VA was significantly underfunded as well. The costs of providing for the wounded and injured from those wars, has finally been addressed, oh, and that was by Obama.
I'm with you, Bob.

I also keep in mind that rants which include excessive exclamation points (!!!), question marks (???), and lots of words typed in ALL CAPS should probably be taken less seriously than posts which are typed in a more rational and conventional style.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
I'm with you, Bob.

I also keep in mind that rants which include excessive exclamation points (!!!), question marks (???), and lots of words typed in ALL CAPS are probably less reliable than posts which are typed in a more rational and conventional style.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!??????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!! !!!????????????

HOW'S THAT?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2010, 12:32 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy1 View Post
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!??????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!! !!!????????????

HOW'S THAT?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was actually about to make comment on the off topic aspect of the recent exchange, but childish was part of the OP statement, so .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies