Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 09:36 AM

377 posts, read 325,686 times

Advertisements

What is it about guns? I've spoken with a very smart and eloquent pro-gun guy and I couldn't even get him to admit that guns make killing easier.

I think self defense is pretty valid.

I also think that absolute/unregulated ownership is insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 09:42 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,197,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhorn View Post
There is no "absolute /unregulated" gun ownership in the United States today. There are a myraid of gun laws on the books - Federal and States. Frankly, no new gun laws are needed. Just enforcement of existing laws.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:37 AM

377 posts, read 325,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
There is no "absolute /unregulated" gun ownership in the United States today. There are a myraid of gun laws on the books - Federal and States. Frankly, no new gun laws are needed. Just enforcement of existing laws.
I was referring to that idea b/c there are a whole lot of second amendment advocates who think any regulation of guns or gun ownership is wrong.

I think gun laws are a lot like any other law. There's always room for improvement, additions and substractions...i.e., new laws. These things should always be reviewed for efficacy.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:25 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,197,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
So everyone out there who has actually shot someone?l
Some have had to unfortunately shot, and in some cases, kill another.

In most cases though, those who carry a firearm have not, fortunately, had such an experience. But those people are, I'm pretty sure, are prepared to do what is necessary to defend themselves or their families.

I'd hope you are not opposed to protecting ones self or ones family. Are you supportive of self protection?

Old 03-03-2010, 01:47 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,578,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
owning a computer and engaging in online arguments is your idea of 'living simply"? lol
Not owning spare parts for it, "just in case" it breaks, is my idea of living simply. I don't worry about "just in case" matters. I don't have insurance either.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:18 PM

1,895 posts, read 3,408,787 times
anyone notice that the OP hasn't replied to anything since page 1??

Old 03-03-2010, 06:04 PM

18,151 posts, read 15,576,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhorn View Post
What is it about guns? I've spoken with a very smart and eloquent pro-gun guy and I couldn't even get him to admit that guns make killing easier.

I think self defense is pretty valid.

Make killin' easier aye? Like killin' is so easy to begin with. Whether with gun , knife, club or otherwise, killing someone is NOT easy and to insinuate such is crass and unintelligent. Some become hardened to killing, most do not and can not. What you propose to regulate is not the ownership of firearms, but rather, a limp attempt to quell irrational fears that firearms cause death, in and of themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies