Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 06:16 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,400,038 times

Advertisements

Move Along. No Outrage Here | NewsBusters.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 06:18 PM

4,156 posts, read 10,981,963 times
Disliking someone due to race is one thing, disliking them for their stupidity is another.

Old 02-27-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Disliking someone due to race is one thing, disliking them for their stupidity is another.
So what's the difference? To hate people of a certain race is just as wrong as hating a group of people because of where they live or their social/political points of view. Both forms of hate are born from ignorance.

Old 02-27-2010, 06:35 PM

146 posts, read 111,731 times
if you have something to say about another race you might as well be strong enough in your conviction to just say it
the City-Data forum posters that start everything with, "I'm not a racist, but..." are the one's who are trying to hide something or are simply drenched in white guilt

if you are white and have something to say about blacks, just say it
if you are black and have something to say about whites, just say it

it's when you try to sugar-coat your feedback to others when your point loses strength...stop worrying about what other people think of you and be as honest as possible

and I would say yes, it's OK to be racist and/or classist, everyone is anyway, it's only the media and certain groups that get so up in a stink about the natural gravitation people have to other groups of people that are like them...and that goes for personal interactions, business, politics, and the church

Old 02-27-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
So what's the difference? To hate people of a certain race is just as wrong as hating a group of people because of where they live or their social/political points of view. Both forms of hate are born from ignorance.
The difference is, well, really, you have to ask?

<shakes head> allrighty then, I'll bite.

Stupidity is an equal opportunity universal affliction
there is, theoretically a "cure" for anyone's stupidity.

Disliking someone based on race is just disliking someone for having unchangeable attributes.
There is no real "cure" for someone's race.

Pretty huge difference.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:35 PM

You must not have clicked on the link and read the topic on the link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palance View Post
if you have something to say about another race you might as well be strong enough in your conviction to just say it
the City-Data forum posters that start everything with, "I'm not a racist, but..." are the one's who are trying to hide something or are simply drenched in white guilt

if you are white and have something to say about blacks, just say it
if you are black and have something to say about whites, just say it

it's when you try to sugar-coat your feedback to others when your point loses strength...stop worrying about what other people think of you and be as honest as possible

and I would say yes, it's OK to be racist and/or classist, everyone is anyway, it's only the media and certain groups that get so up in a stink about the natural gravitation people have to other groups of people that are like them...and that goes for personal interactions, business, politics, and the church

Old 02-27-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
The difference is, well, really, you have to ask?

<shakes head> allrighty then, I'll bite.

Stupidity is an equal opportunity universal affliction
there is, theoretically a "cure" for anyone's stupidity.

Disliking someone based on race is just disliking someone for having unchangeable attributes.
There is no real "cure" for someone's race.

Pretty huge difference.
So because someone lives in a particular region of the country or believes in a different social or political point of view that makes them stupid. Nice.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:38 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,916,116 times
"So, is it OK to be racist?"

You have my permission.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:38 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,457,288 times
Hating a group or individual because of their race or ethnicity is racism.

Hating a group or individual because of anything else is prejudice or bigotry.

If you hate blacks, you are a racist.

If you hate smokers, you are prejudiced or bigoted.

If you hate black smokers...well, you're in deep do-do.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:39 PM

Hey, I'm not the one who called anyone stupid or racist . You did. I was merely answering your question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies