Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you fear violence and rioting if Obama is defeated in 2012
Yes 22 12.29%
No 144 80.45%
Depends on how close the race is 13 7.26%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 10:05 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I think there may be some isolated riots, specially since the left wingers seem to be driving the race issue at every turn. They want to encourage them to believe they are less.

Thanks for the link on Stack. What will the left wingers do when they cannot use him?
As long as the police keep those riots "contained", I'm all for free speech and protesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 10:06 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Nope, no one will be rioting the way that Limbaugh, Palin, Hannity, Cheney and Beck riot each and everyday.

Do you know what a riot is? I can post the definition for you if you cannot find it yourself.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
As long as the police keep those riots "contained", I'm all for free speech and protesting.

I have a feeling people will be ready for anything if that happens. As it is blacks pay taxes, buy things and are also on Medicare. They too will be ready to get rid of hussein obama.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:10 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
sanrene, Stack was anti-big government, taxes, unions and catholic church. Do I need to say what denomination those views typically fall under?
You really have taken this thread off topic.

During the Rodney King riots, the Torrance police basically barricaded the city against marauding gangs of thugs/rioters.

I think the black community and the Leftists will cry racism, completely forgetting that he was elected by white voters in 2008.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:21 PM

301 posts, read 282,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
No... because if those angry Obama supporters were to try any violence in my neighborhood they will be running when I unload on them.

It will be funny though to hear how whatever other candidate "stole" the election though from Obama
Yeah, and hopefully after law and order is re-established you will be tried for first-degree murder, convicted, and executed. PREMEDITATED murder.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:22 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
If I had a nickle for every time one of my questions has been dodged tonight, I'd have enough to pay all the taxes you rightwingers are always whining about.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworking View Post
Yeah, and hopefully after law and order is re-established you will be tried for first-degree murder, convicted, and executed. PREMEDITATED murder.

Or it could be cased dismissed on self defense.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:25 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post

I think it will be worse violence than what we avoided in 2000.
If it any "violence" was avoided...and there was none, where is your measure?

Quote:
IMHO, if Obama fails to be re-elected in a close race, we could see massive rioting like what happened with Rodney King in 1992 with gangs of inner city residents rampaging through the streets, fermented by Jeremiah Wright types. If the police beating of a single black criminal can cause days of violence and chaos, one can only wonder what happens if a self-identified black president and former radical community organizer fails to be re-elected, the anger that will be present in America's inner city communities.
You are seriously comparing the "inner city" voters who voted for Obama to the "inner city" thugs/gangbangers of LA who didn't even KNOW what they were upset about but caused riots, set fires, looted stores and pulled the white dude out of his truck and dropped a cement block on his head and then stomped on his head and kicked him everywhere else they could?

Really? That is the mentality of your average and typical "inner city" Obama voter? What a shame and no wonder he won.

Rodney King...where is he now? After all his $$ in awarded law suits? On MTV with Dr. Drew. Poor baby. Peed all his cash away and back to where he started from. Who woulda thunk?

Who gives a CRAP what idiots prone to that type of behavior "might" do? But since you have such a concern, let's put the "inner cities" full of Obama voters on lock-down pending the 2012 vote. Because they can't be responsible for controlling themselves. Lock 'em up if they get out of hand. Probably won't be the first time they've seen the inside of a place that serves up 3 hots and a cot in a 24 hour period of time.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:28 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
I see sanrene went to the dcshussein school of speech and debate...

Old 02-28-2010, 10:33 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Obama, the self identified black president (who seems to have totally abandoned his "white" mother in purusing the dreams of his father)
What in the world?

His mother died in 1995.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies