U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 04:21 PM

31,370 posts, read 34,857,986 times

Advertisements

...but we sure as hell don't like any organization or program that tries to achieve those goals?

Blacks (ever notice that it is never black PEOPLE?) need to go to get an education so they can get a job and stop blaming the white man!

But the National Negro College Fund is Racist for trying to do that.

Black need to get over feeling like victims, get some self-esteem and join the rest of society!

But that Black History Month is racist because it promotes black self-esteem and teaches blacks that they have contributed in many positive ways to the history of this country!

"When you control a man's thinking you do not have to worry about his actions. You do not have to tell him not to stand here or go yonder. He will find his "proper place" and will stay in it. You do not need to send him to the back door. He will go without being told. In fact, if there is no back door, he will cut one for his special benefit. His education makes it necessary."
-- Dr. Carter G. Woodson, "TheMiseducation of the Negro"

Dr. Carter Woodson, Founder of Black History Month* -- Courtesy of The Freeman Institute

Blacks need to stop their criminal behavior, unwed pregnancies and other behaviors that keep them in poverty.

That's why we decry organizations like the NAACP for their racist attempts to... stop teen pregnancy, black on black crime (who are the vast majority of black crime victims), and annually honors those African Americans who have lived exemplary lives in the hopes that other African Americans might emulate them.

Blacks need to stop rioting and protesting in the street, you need to join the system!

But that Congressional Black Caucus is Racist because they get together inside the system and try to promote the interest of black folks!

Lawd Almighty, I'll be damned if it don't make a colored man's head spin!

Generally, I avoid the black.... threads for the very reasons that I've pointed out above, with a little touch of schadenfreude ( I now that's a mighty pretension word for an old colored man, but ole Ezra Cornell thought negroes were worth educating). The comments are verbatum and they might be a bit exaggerated but I think that point is pretty much right on the money.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 04:38 PM

27,026 posts, read 43,631,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
...but we sure as hell don't like any organization or program that tries to achieve those goals?

Blacks (ever notice that it is never black PEOPLE?) need to go to get an education so they can get a job and stop blaming the white man!

Black need to get over feeling like victims, get some self-esteem and join the rest of society!

But that Black History Month is racist because it promotes black self-esteem and teaches blacks that they have contributed in many positive ways to the history of this country!

"When you control a man's thinking you do not have to worry about his actions. You do not have to tell him not to stand here or go yonder. He will find his "proper place" and will stay in it. You do not need to send him to the back door. He will go without being told. In fact, if there is no back door, he will cut one for his special benefit. His education makes it necessary."

Dr. Carter Woodson, Founder of Black History Month* -- Courtesy of The Freeman Institute

Blacks need to stop their criminal behavior, unwed pregnancies and other behaviors that keep them in poverty.

That's why we decry organizations like the NAACP for their racist attempts to... stop teen pregnancy, black on black crime (who are the vast majority of black crime victims), and annually honors those African Americans who have lived exemplary lives in the hopes that other African Americans might emulate them.

Blacks need to stop rioting and protesting in the street, you need to join the system!

But that Congressional Black Caucus is Racist because they get together inside the system and try to promote the interest of black folks!

Generally, I avoid the black.... threads for the very reasons that I've pointed out above, with a little touch of schadenfreude ( I now that's a mighty pretension word for an old colored man, but ole Ezra Cornell thought negroes were worth educating). The comments are verbatum and they might be a bit exaggerated but I think that point is pretty much right on the money.
I agree with you...I'm Jewish and lost a lot of family members during WWll, and in my family we don't talk about it much, although I wish my parents would tell me a little bit more about it, but the can't....

Our family had to make it on our own and by blaming others the whole time wouldn't have helped us much....

I get sick of black people talking about being slaves etc....they obvious forgot that Jewish people were slaves as well and hardly any Jew will talk about it...

Stop Whining and get a life!

Old 02-28-2010, 04:41 PM

9,879 posts, read 9,813,178 times
Quote:

You need to change the title of your thread to "We want people living on welfare to................". I wonder why people always want to play the race card.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:49 PM

15,861 posts, read 33,088,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I agree with you...I'm Jewish and lost a lot of family members during WWll, and in my family we don't talk about it much, although I wish my parents would tell me a little bit more about it, but the can't....

Our family had to make it on our own and by blaming others the whole time wouldn't have helped us much....

I get sick of black people talking about being slaves etc....they obvious forgot that Jewish people were slaves as well and hardly any Jew will talk about it...

Stop Whining and get a life!
Well. I'm sure someone will bring this up or someone has brought it up before; but I do not think it is fair to compare being Jewish with being Black. Jewish people, even dark Sephardic Jews, have the option of "not being Jewish" if it is practial at the moment. Blacks on the other hand, cannot pretend to be something else if danger looms or they are fearful. Even the lightest of light skinned blacks often carry characteristics that identify them. There are exceptions, of course.

However, that being said. I agree with your sentiment. They do need to get over it and move on. Black people seem to be the ones that are holding the race back. Not white people.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-28-2010, 04:49 PM

153 posts, read 275,176 times
Smile We don't like Blacks who become Africans.

Black people, like Native people and all people need to return to their tribal ways and stop using the whiteman's organizations to try and change their communities...return to the tribe...and things will change...men will finally get off their knees and become fathers...and women be once more respected as the givers of life...and elders will become rulers rather than victims...and children will grow to be dependent on themselves as adults rather than the handouts and hand me downs of the whiteman...aho

Old 02-28-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
You need to change the title of your thread to "We want people living on welfare to................". I wonder why people always want to play the race card.
If I where addressing welfare threads that would be a nice suggestion. So, thank you, but I don't think that it would be a good fit.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xube View Post
Black people, like Native people and all people need to return to their tribal ways and stop using the whiteman's organizations to try and change their communities...return to the tribe...and things will change...men will finally get off their knees and become fathers...and women be once more respected as the givers of life...and elders will become rulers rather than victims...and children will grow to be dependent on themselves as adults rather than the handouts and hand me downs of the whiteman...aho

If I may paraphrase Malcolm X,

"You are going to tell me, how to take your foot off of my neck?"

Old 02-28-2010, 04:58 PM

15,861 posts, read 33,088,783 times
Quote:
If I may translate using a quote from Malcolm X,

Malcom X is not the best example to use for the furtherance of the black race. He didn't do much to help, if you ask me. Better to use the "Facing the Challenges of a New Age" Speech from Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King,. Jr when he said.....

"If it falls to our luck to be street-sweepers, sweep the streets, like Raphael painted pictures, like Michaelangelo carved marble, like Shakespeare wrote poetry, and like Beethoven composed music. Sweep the streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth would have to pause and say ... ...Here lived a great street sweeper"
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., June 20, 1965, Kingston, Jamaica

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-28-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Malcom X is not the best example to use for the furtherance of the black race. He didn't do much to help, if you ask me.
With all due respect, that is why I didn't ask you.

The point of this tread is that the last thing that black folks need or should do is accept the advice of white folks about what black folks should or should not do. If we did, we'd still be picking cotton for Mr. Charlie, riding in the back of the Prius, and praying to the Lawd for a black moses, because as I am pointing out, in a somewhat tongue and cheek manner is that we are damned if we do and damned if we don't, which is damned perplexing state of being.

Last edited by ovcatto; 02-28-2010 at 05:08 PM..

Old 02-28-2010, 05:06 PM

5,715 posts, read 14,378,853 times
Default Deadlocked....

Quote:
If I may translate using a quote from Malcolm X,

I hear both of you and I understand what both of you are saying.

Please forgive my intrusion into your conversation, but I have a sincere question for both of you....

I would really like to know when you're going to quit hating me simply because I'm white?
I don't hate you.

When I studied black history, I was shocked and appalled at what I learned.
But, I have no control over the things that were done long before you and I were even born.

No one can re-write history.

I can't do anything about the haters that are among us but they are not the majority of our citizens.

Having grown up in the south and at a time when your civil rights were being won, I've also aquired some baggage....
You are not blameless in where we are today.

I sincerely want to know how can we move forward together if we are constantly arguing over the past....???

How can we learn to forgive and move forward?

Last edited by World Citizen; 02-28-2010 at 05:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies