Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 11:46 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
The cuts in payment to doctors today is a direct result of the Medicare Modernization Act of 2004. Bush was President at the time and Republicans controlled Congress.

You are right - it was a Democratic Controlled Congress in 2008 - they apparently realized the important of doctors over Insurance Companies and Pharmaceutical Companies thus the stoppage of a 10 percent decrease in payments to doctors at that time.

The present reversal(to stop 21 percent fee payment reduction to doctors) is being held up by a Republican, Jim Bunning-KY, in the Senate.

I think the present administration is looking at a bill for permanent reversal of this flawed formula of the Medicare Modernization Act of 2004, as we speak.
Ahh, that dam Bunning.. he's always stopping that fiscal responsible Democratic Party from spending without paying for it. Dam him!!

Do you Democrats still support paygo now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 11:55 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,286,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, it is childish to stomp your foot and demand things which you will never get.

It was no secret that the SS was going bankrupt. Everyone even had their own little analysis about which year it would happen. Reagan said it, Bush Sr said it, Clinton said it, Bush Jr said it, so everyone knew it, yet no one did anything to slow it down.
Complacency is much of the problem with this country. Apathetic people like yourself is the reason the policians feel free to keep doing what they are doing without a second thought.

Consider me "childish",.....I don't plan to let the freakin' government steal my money that has been paid into social security over the past decades,...at least without a fight.

So, feel free to sit on your hands all you want.

You are part of the problem, not the solution.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:57 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ahh, that dam Bunning.. he's always stopping that fiscal responsible Democratic Party from spending without paying for it. Dam him!!
Apparently Bunning does not want to support the families of active duty military families if they get sick or need a doctor while their loved ones are serving in Iraq or Afghanistan either Remember, this 21 percent fee payment cut to doctors applies to TRICARE, as well

Old 03-01-2010, 11:58 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,987,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Newp... won't hear me crying about it.

I think the frustration comes into focus when people realize that they are paying into a system they will never benefit from, and that is so grotesquely mismanaged that it cannot even help those whom it was designed to help. Government doesn't do these things well AT ALL.

Never benefit ? Are your parents or grandparents still alive? In the days before Medicare and Social Security, lving beyond age 60 wasn't an issue
because you didn't. In the 1930s less than 5 % of Americans lived beyond age 65 and the average lifespan was 57. What were the largest killers of Americans back then ? The flu and pneumonia followed by disentary. 1930s medical technology was able to treat people with these problems. So why didn't doctors use it in the 1930s? I think we know the answer and it is the same answer today. The problem is Medicare has been too sucessful today 1/3 of all Americans are older than age 60 and a majority of these people will live to age 75 and many will live beyond age 85. Think of all those medical bill for 75 million people in 2020? Today the average Medicare client uses $10,000 of services so that is 750 billion dollars and divided up among those of you still working thats 3500-4000 dollars each year. So what is your FICA tax? Now lets get back to 1930s America, is spending quality time woth you Pop or Mom worth this or is standing over their grave stones an adequate substitute? Are you even human enough to notice their absense?

Old 03-01-2010, 12:01 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's the point. One day they oppose them, and the next day they cry about losing the benefits.
Soyour suggestion is to add more people to these programs which is what that healthcare proposal does with medicare and medicaid which is in worse problems? Its like adding gas to a house fire and the house is governament.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:04 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
Complacency is much of the problem with this country. Apathetic people like yourself is the reason the policians feel free to keep doing what they are doing without a second thought.

Consider me "childish",.....I don't plan to let the freakin' government steal my money that has been paid into social security over the past decades,...at least without a fight. .
I use my vote to do the talking. Who did you vote for? McCain? Probably, so no, it is not me who is a part of the problem, it is you.

You don't plan to let government "steal" your money? LMAO . You say that now, after you've been sitting on your hands all your life and voting a RINO after RINO into the office to steal your money? LOL .

So, Mr. 'internet tough guy' what are you going to do to stop the "stealing". Fly a plane in to a IRS office?

Old 03-01-2010, 12:06 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Soyour suggestion is to add more people to these programs which is what that healthcare proposal does with medicare and medicaid which is in worse problems? Its like adding gas to a house fire and the house is governament.
Where did I say that is my suggestion?

Old 03-01-2010, 12:09 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
As I read the article it links the cut to the Senator from Klantucky blocking the Unemployment Extension. Is that what he is saying?

Old 03-01-2010, 12:11 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Apparently Bunning does not want to support the families of active duty military families if they get sick or need a doctor while their loved ones are serving in Iraq or Afghanistan either Remember, this 21 percent fee payment cut to doctors applies to TRICARE, as well
Apparently, you dont understand that its DEMOCRATS stopping such care.

ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS FUND IT and SUPPORT THEIR OWN LAW..

Old 03-01-2010, 12:19 PM

418 posts, read 487,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post

Consider me "childish",.....I don't plan to let the freakin' government steal my money that has been paid into social security over the past decades,...at least without a fight.

So, feel free to sit on your hands all you want.

You are part of the problem, not the solution.
The money is long gone spent. The government is bankrupt, where are you going to get it?!

Do you propose the Fed monetize the debt to pay you back? I doubt you want that, you'll just be paid back in worthless dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies