Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 11:57 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,230,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneSentinel View Post
Seems so...GO Daniel!
Gives new meaning to the term Red Coats...

Can we get this guy a fake birth certificate... like from Hawaii or someplace. We can elect him president. Hell, let's make him a Texan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 11:58 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
It's hard to tell the difference between a poitical movement and a fad. Society is just that confusing. For now I'm going with fad and time will tell. Either politics will forever be changed or we will look back in a few years and say "remember that? HAhahahah!".

Old 03-01-2010, 12:04 PM

241 posts, read 267,383 times
No, I don't think so, but I do think more people are tired of the two-party system. I've also recently heard of a "coffee party," for independents (?) who are tired of the two parties but don't like some of the rhetoric from the tea parties.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:07 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,051,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Obviously? I don't even know who they are. Who are they? Everyone I know, including my mother who both receives Medicare and SS, has plenty of control over their own lives. Who are these people whose lives are controlled by government? It's a simple question.

Okay. Again, who are these people who are dependent on government to run their lives? What do you mean by "run their lives?" Just because they rely on a check doesn't mean government is running their lives. No more so than my employer is running my life. Indeed, my employer has far more control over my life than the government has on SS recipients.
Those two programs are horrendous burdens on the taxpayer.
They are inefficient and unsolvent. What those on the left refuse to see is those who support a smaller more efficient government understand programs like this maybe necessary however in their current state and the current state of the deficit we can no longer allow Government to function the way it is functioning now. There needs to be changes.

There are solutions that will make our Government more streamlined, user friendly and dare I say efficient in which everyone from your mother who uses the programs to the taxpayer can reap the benefits of a more efficient Government. The opposition to a more efficient Government is only those politicians who seek power and control and civilians who are scared of losing a safety net. Meanwhile more efficient Government will only make that safety net stronger.

What irks me the most are those who believe there is no problem with the way Government operates right now.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:08 PM

305 posts, read 360,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It's hard to tell the difference between a poitical movement and a fad. Society is just that confusing. For now I'm going with fad and time will tell. Either politics will forever be changed or we will look back in a few years and say "remember that? HAhahahah!".
*chuckle* Well, I'm going for 'political movement' myself...I will be happy with my involvement either way - even if I end up as one who could be laughed at.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:10 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Those two programs are horrendous burdens on the taxpayer.
They are inefficient and unsolvent. What those on the left refuse to see is those who support a smaller more efficient government understand programs like this maybe necessary however in their current state and the current state of the deficit we can no longer allow Government to function the way it is functioning now. There needs to be changes.

There are solutions that will make our Government more streamlined, user friendly and dare I say efficient in which everyone from your mother who uses the programs to the taxpayer can reap the benefits of a more efficient Government. The opposition to a more efficient Government is only those politicians who seek power and control and civilians who are scared of losing a safety net. Meanwhile more efficient Government will only make that safety net stronger.

What irks me the most are those who believe there is no problem with the way Government operates right now.
Again, you sidestep my question. These people you claim exist, are only a myth. I have no disagreement with trying to improve anything, including government, but there are no people who depend on government to "run their lives." Nice talking point, but completely mythical.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:16 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Again, you sidestep my question. These people you claim exist, are only a myth. I have no disagreement with trying to improve anything, including government, but there are no people who depend on government to "run their lives." Nice talking point, but completely mythical.
Do you deny there is sadly generations of people that grow up and die dependent on the gov to help support them? They grow up with their mother on food stamps and they as adults depend on food stamps? ( just for example)

Have you visited a ghetto or just a bad neighborhood and actually talked to people

Old 03-01-2010, 12:19 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,134,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Do you not have a reaction when you realize you are so deeply in debt?

What is so ignorant about

1-Wanting to decrease the debt
2-Wanting smaller gov
3-Wanting politicians to be just as accountable as you are? To live by the same standards you do
4-Wanting politicians to remember who they work for
5-not being taxes to death. Oh wait we are taxed to come into this world and leave it.
How do you accomplish #1 and #3 at the same time? And still have roads, police, national defense, social security?

Old 03-01-2010, 12:20 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneSentinel View Post
Seems so...GO Daniel!
If anything it is splintering. The tea party will never extend beyond the 20-30% mark in this country. It will get absorbed by the GOP (already is essentially) and that's it.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:22 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,051,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
How do you accomplish #1 and #3 at the same time? And still have roads, police, national defense, social security?
You just named four of the most essential programs in the Federal Budget.
No one would argue the necessity of those programs if they had any rational thought.

There are many more that we the tax payers should not be paying for.

Remember Obama's line by line quote?

Lets see him do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies