Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 09:49 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,073,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
And I am a conservative who has never used Beck Rush or Hannity as a source....

George Will on the other hand, I listen to and use as a source
Well, I can honestly say you're in a minority among right wingers on this site...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 12:47 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
And I am a conservative who has never used Beck Rush or Hannity as a source....

George Will on the other hand, I listen to and use as a source
George Will's misinformation led to probably the only retraction Cheney ever made!

WASHINGTON — Vice President Dick Cheney's office acknowledged on Thursday that he was mistaken when he asserted that China, at Cuba's behest, is drilling for oil in waters 60 miles from the Florida coast.

He cited his source as columnist George Will, who last week wrote: "Drilling is under way 60 miles off Florida. The drilling is being done by China, in cooperation with Cuba, which is drilling closer to South Florida than U.S. companies are."

Cheney Admits Mistake in Claim of China Drilling Near Florida - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum - FOXNews.com

IMO, George Will is just another talking head pundit with an agenda! Serves Cheney right for believing him!

Old 03-06-2010, 11:46 AM

YouTube - Even Conservatives Agree -- Liz Cheney is Un-American

Old 03-06-2010, 11:50 AM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This is a prime example of the misinformation that Conservative talk shows feed to their listeners. If this intentional misinformation is not propaganda, I don't know what is! When are you listeners of these lies going to realize you are being duped?

Conservatives push Reagan's 1961 attacks on "socialized medicine" but ignore that he was criticizing Medicare!

Conservatives push Reagan's 1961 attacks on "socialized medicine" but ignore that he was criticizing Medicare | Media Matters for America
This must be the lefts new talking points, I watched the androgynous train wreck spouting the same stuff the other night like it is some how, not conservative to be against medicare.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:56 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,859 times
Default About the site "Black and White..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
100% of the media is run by extremely wealthy capitalist.

A little reading material

Black and White and Re(a)d All Over | Media Matters for America
I just read it. It mainly talks about, in general, the papers carrying more conservative syndicated columnists than "progressive" (liberal). This may be since readership tends to be more conservative than progressive in the areas covered by those papers. Note that this did not hold true in the Northeast, where progressives are more concentrated. California was probably swamped out by the rest of the west in the analysis.

It did not address the slant given on actual news stories.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:19 PM

Did you make that video in your garage....................... Love Liz Cheney! A beautiful inteligent blonde with her dads politics.........

Old 03-07-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Did you make that video in your garage....................... Love Liz Cheney! A beautiful inteligent blonde with her dads politics.........
If you want good looks/little intelligence to run our country, why not just elect Paris Hilton?

Sorry the substance of the video eluded you. Next time, I'll try to dumb it down a bit.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
If you want good looks/little intelligence to run our country, why not just elect Paris Hilton?

Sorry the substance of the video eluded you. Next time, I'll try to dumb it down a bit.
TYT..........I dont think you can dumb it down any more can you?

Old 03-07-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
TYT..........I dont think you can dumb it down any more can you?
Apparently you think the video was about a pretty woman doing daddy's dirty work.

You are right, the video can only be dumbed down so much. Beyond that it is a hopeless case!

Old 03-08-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Apparently you think the video was about a pretty woman doing daddy's dirty work.

You are right, the video can only be dumbed down so much. Beyond that it is a hopeless case!
No I am talking about The Young Turkish guy, that appears to be rehearsing for a job on msnbc. Is that you in your garage ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies