Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 02:58 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,711,423 times

Advertisements

Joseph Stack hated Bush and was a radical leftist; nice try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 03:01 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tongpa-nyi View Post
Allow me to do my best impression of what dcsldcd might say in response to your challenge:

"hussein obama libs hussein global warming hoax left liberal hussein obama muslim al gore liberal lies hussein obama terrorist kenya liberal left wingers hussein obama college liberalism university brainwash hoax lies liberal agenda glenn beck is god sarah palin for president"

Does that about sum it up?
Brillantly

Old 03-02-2010, 03:03 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
365 days of being victimized by Obama and his band of closet commies!
When will god finally stomp his holy foot on the leftists and destroy them?
Maybe there is a consolation: Fox News is the truth, the way and the life. Only those who go by way of Fox News can find a place in heaven.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Somebody call me when there are dead people in the streets.

Please remember it is the LEFT that has rioted and stirred up real HATE in this country over politics.

Seattle a few years ago, the Weather Underground back in the 70's.

HATE is the perview of the left.
I agree that the left has had something of a lock on destructive behavior in the past, however, never once did I hear one elected official on the left condone any of that behavior, like we hear now from those on the right.
That is the main difference between what happened then and what is happening now. Not one person in elected office encouraged the rioters in Seattle or ever advocated for anything other than prosecuting members of the Weather Underground.

Now, we have someone fly a plane into a building killing someone and way too many people on the right are saying 'Good job.' There is something seriously wrong with this picture.

As for hate being the purview of the left, really?

How Hate Groups Went Mainstream | The American Prospect

Old 03-02-2010, 03:23 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Joseph Stack hated Bush and was a radical leftist; nice try.

His well-circulated rant was right-wing.

Stack is the latest in a long string of violent right-wing attacks in recent years. On May 31, 2009, Dr. George Tiller, one of the nation’s few late-term abortion providers, was shot and killed in his church by the anti-abortion activist Scott Roeder. On June 27, 2008, an unemployed truck driver named Jim Adkisson walked into the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church in Knoxville, Tennessee and opened fire, killing two. He attacked the Unitarian church for its acceptance of gays and support of abortion rights, and claimed he wanted to kill every Democrat in the House and Senate.

http://globalcomment.com/2010/joe-st...ism-seriously/

Old 03-02-2010, 03:31 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
The radical right caught fire last year, as broad-based populist anger at political, demographic and economic changes in America ignited an explosion of new extremist groups and activism across the nation.

<snip>

A good example is the upcoming Second Amendment March in Washington, D.C. The website promoting the march is topped by a picture of a colonial militiaman, and key supporters include Larry Pratt, a long-time militia enthusiast with connections to white supremacists, and Richard Mack, a conspiracy-mongering former sheriff associated with the Patriot group Oath Keepers.

What may be most noteworthy about the march, however, is its date — April 19. That is the date of the first shots fired at Lexington in the Revolutionary War. And it is also the anniversary of the fiery end of the government siege in Waco and the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing.

Read More: Rage on the Right | Southern Poverty Law Center

Key point here

"A good example is the upcoming Second Amendment March in Washington, D.C."

Those pesky Constitutional Amendments just ruin all the fun of a good fascist. I wonder what Obama would have done already had there not been a second amendment.

Anyone who advocates gun rights and other Constitutional Rights is just a racist or an idiot, as they cannot see the "greater picture" that only the Fuhrer can see. We have to learn more to trust in Obama, not our Constitution or common sense.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:00 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I agree that the left has had something of a lock on destructive behavior in the past, however, never once did I hear one elected official on the left condone any of that behavior, like we hear now from those on the right.

Now, we have someone fly a plane into a building killing someone and way too many people on the right are saying 'Good job.' There is something seriously wrong with this picture.
I haven't followed that closely. Do you have link(s) to elected officials on the right saying this? I'm not aware of any.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I haven't followed that closely. Do you have link(s) to elected officials on the right saying this? I'm not aware of any.
Rep. King called the actions 'justified.'

Full quote at the link below:

Think Progress » Rep. King Justifies Suicide Attack On IRS: Sympathizes With Hatred Of IRS, Hopes For Its Destruction

Old 03-03-2010, 07:41 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
Are most of you uneducated, or did you fail to continue to educate yourself throughout your lives?
Look at Pew Research Center's party identification percentages by education level in the chart at the bottom of this page to see which party the uneducated are more likely to support:
Democrats Gain Edge in Party Identification - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

Old 03-03-2010, 08:00 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I read several versions of the report, and watched the clip, and nowhere is he calling the actions "justified". Still, the liberal media and blogs ran with that headline. He certainly gave them a lot of material to play with and use against him. There's no question that he's a loose cannon who doesn't know how or when to speak. He'll never be a diplomat, that's for sure.

Nevertheless, in the interests of truthful reporting, he said "Get the video and put it on YouTube," King told POLITICO. "No one should be going out and conjecturing when they can go out and get the whole story."

He said he could understand the frustration, but after his dealings with the IRS, while he felt he didn't get a fair shake, he "channeled [his] frustration the American way and ran for office. Americans looking for an outlet for their frustration should join me in calling on Congress to pass a national sales tax and abolish the current federal tax code and the IRS.”

The the story was provided by an unnamed staffer for the liberal media watchdog group Media Matters who heard the comments, and that alone should send up caution flags and calls for careful reading for any thinking person. Understandably, the left just salivates at this kind of meat handed to them on a platter. King appears to have a habit of doing that, but he did not advocate physical violence, nor did he call the actions "justified". He has long been a proponent of simply eliminating the agency and substituting other means of revenue generation.

For anyone to turn this into "way too many people on the right are saying 'Good job.' " without substantiating it is in itself hateful and irresponsible. I didn't find those "way too many people". Overwhelmingly, the right also condems such actions.

Last edited by swbtoo; 03-03-2010 at 08:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies