Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 964 times

Advertisements

Castrate these animals and throw away the key! Seriously! Actually in this case...castrate the bastard and then hang his ass!

This is what happens when people get soft on crime...this guy should have never been released in the first place.

What a trajedy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 09:07 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,279,054 times
[quote=roysoldboy;13161480]
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's not that easy, and I dare say that it would be safe to say you are a bit too cynical. Even though factually what you say is true there are various examples that make certain stories warrant more attention, whether deserved or undeserved.

While its horrible to contemplate what her parents are suffering thru right now (one has to shudder at the feelings of loss) its not any worse than how Chelsea felt, which is terrifying to imagine.

And her killer had a prior record and was just released so its also noteworthy from the angle of raising an even larger question than the loss of this beautiful young girl: How many more will have to die before states learn how to actually deal with these types of sexual predators?

Seems the urge to molest young kids and girls is incurable by any reasonable estimation, so when do they go free after first offenses, and
Quote:
how are they to be monitored?
Will any be given psych counseling for their urges?

I wasn't allowed to rep you so let me agree that we must do something other than pen these people up for five years and then let them run loose so they can perform again. I don't care at all what color either of them was but I do think that there is too much PC going on to allow those incurable louts to go free so they can kill or kill again. That one deserved to be locked up for the rest of his life and then Chelsea would still be jogging at the lake.
All of these bastards need to have a chip implanted as to monitor there where abouts. Once they molested, served their time, they gave up all their rights and are lucky to even be on the streets. Hell, they outta execute them!

Old 03-05-2010, 09:08 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
This is a tragedy but the news surrounding Chelsea King has over shadowed an entire family that has gone missing from the same area in California. Not connected but not to much media on it

McStay Family Still Missing From Calfornia Three Weeks Later - ABC News

Old 03-05-2010, 09:08 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I don't care if she was white. I do not care if she was beautiful. A young person was killed in the prime of their life for no reason. I was her age back in 1992. I could not have even contemplated dying at that time.

I agree with you, no one in the prime of their lives, deserves to die in this way. Lets talk about the judges in these cases shall we. What and when will these judges get it, these guys are let out, only to do it over and over again, they don't change. Too many times these guys are let out on such low ridiculous bail.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:04 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,271,663 times
Default Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Well it is the WHITE MEDIA - so it's ok. Leave it up to the black and Hispanic media to cover their own.
That's right. When have you heard the MSM cover the Chupacabra stories? Never!

Old 03-05-2010, 02:25 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
I don't understand why we can't legally chemically castrate sexual predators? Everybody knows they cannot be rehabilitated, all the proof in the world shows this cannot be done in a majority of cases. We cannot send them off to live alone on a planet or island either, though that would be preferable.

If we must have these scumbags living in our communities where avoiding children is next to impossible, then I think the only reasonable and relatively humane way to deal with these dangerous freaks is chemical castration that takes the urge away from them.

When you rape and murder an innocent child because of your sickness then you have forfeited your individual and/or civil rights.

How can anybody argue against this? Obviously, the laws we have now do not work.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:03 AM

100 posts, read 244,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I don't understand why we can't legally chemically castrate sexual predators? Everybody knows they cannot be rehabilitated, all the proof in the world shows this cannot be done in a majority of cases. We cannot send them off to live alone on a planet or island either, though that would be preferable.

If we must have these scumbags living in our communities where avoiding children is next to impossible, then I think the only reasonable and relatively humane way to deal with these dangerous freaks is chemical castration that takes the urge away from them.

When you rape and murder an innocent child because of your sickness then you have forfeited your individual and/or civil rights.

How can anybody argue against this? Obviously, the laws we have now do not work.
Although I may not agree with you politically I do 100% on this point.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:06 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
All I've been seeing on the national news channels lately are reports of Chelsea, a pretty young white female that has turned up missing in California.

I feel for her family and unfortunately the news sounds pretty bleak for her but are there really no other people that meet with misfortune other than pretty young white women?

We all know the routine. Young white woman vanishes, we then get around the clock news stories about the incident. It seems to me this covers all gamuts of discrimination, including age, race and gender.

We never hear of 40+ year olds vanishing. We never hear of people of color vanishing. We never hear of men vanishing. Certainly people from those groups vanish and meet with foul play all the time and every day. They may as well be invisible though.

I know it's about ratings and money. The networks know that young white women are gold to viewers, leading to higher ratings and higher advertising rates. It sure gives the impression though that other groups of people are unimportant.
I can't believe someone would post something like this...it is awful and yes, if someone is just out jogging, in a park, early in the morning and disappears it is usually covered..

Why do so many postings have to be race related? I just don't get it....

Nita

Old 11-15-2013, 02:19 PM

1,420 posts, read 3,185,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
This is a tragedy but the news surrounding Chelsea King has over shadowed an entire family that has gone missing from the same area in California. Not connected but not to much media on it

McStay Family Still Missing From Calfornia Three Weeks Later - ABC News
Missing McStay family killed, buried in desert, sheriff says - latimes.com

Old 11-15-2013, 02:31 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
The irony is that in many of the missing baby cases....the parents are involved somehow and the homelife is *ugly* with DCFS visits, boyfriends in and out, mom involved with drugs and uncle they were turning a blind eye too etc etc.

So, when one of these cases hits and the butt-ugly badger Nancy Grace sinks her fangs into the family calling out their bad behaviors, potential involvment......ironically it's not politically correct for her to tear into minority families like she did someone like Casey Anthony.

I mean, could you imagine if the Ramsey family had been black and the media went after them like they did? OMG...."trying to tear down a successful black family".....racist media.

Seriously, you cannot win with some people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies