Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 10:30 AM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberal01 View Post

And who ever said that guns ownership is a fundamental property right?
Probably the biologist who figured out why God gave quills to porcupines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 10:34 AM

259 posts, read 151,344 times
Yes. And all black people are great in basket ball while white men can't jump.
Sweeping generalizations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bpurrfect View Post
CHOP, CHOP. Germans in general are known as really innovative in science, and truly masterful when it comes to tech. what planet are you from? everyone knows this.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:37 AM

Ja, ja. Just Like the father of the us space program: Wernher Von Braun - not really innovative and an average plumber. Hint: some of the best technical universities are located in Germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
They tend more to craftsmen than high tech geniuses. Good producers...well planned and executed. Bit they are not particularly innovative.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:52 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
So gun control makes a country intolerant? That's your criteria? That's beyond absurd.

And who ever said that guns ownership is a fundamental property right?
That question will be answered for you if you are ever in a position where you have to defend yourself from harm brought on by another individual(s). Or are you going to say wait...the police will be here any minute with hopes you get to live and tell your story.

Supreme Court: Gun Ownership an Individual Right : NPR

As for as homeschooling is concerned, freedom to make personal choices in our lives that effect us directly, is everybody's business, to help sustain those freedoms and knowing we are a country big enough to grant that freedom to others is wonderful.

There are those that want to put their thumbs on people's heads and hold 'em down. Seems like maybe at least on this issue America is not one of them.

Freedom, is everybody's business; keeping them is a battle that never stops.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:55 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
You don't even realize how Kafkaesque is your comment here. Of course America as every other republic and every democracy represents the majority and not minority. That's why we have Christian holidays in the calendar and that's why polygamy is illegal even though many minorities would like to see these laws repelled.

This "citizen mob" as you call them are tax paying citizens of UK who have the right to live in a safe country with a murder rate well below the American one. That's why guns are mostly banned in the UK
Situation made it easy for Russia....

Old 03-04-2014, 11:11 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Democrat motto "you don't need no stinking education, everyone should be guaranteed a livable wage."
I don't believe in a living wage (wages are between employer and employee) so i'm not sure why this quote is directed at me

Old 03-04-2014, 12:24 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Quote:
Ja, ja. Just Like the father of the us space program: Wernher Von Braun - not really innovative and an average plumber. Hint: some of the best technical universities are located in Germany.
I would think Von Braun proved the point.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
That question will be answered for you if you are ever in a position where you have to defend yourself from harm brought on by another individual(s). Or are you going to say wait...the police will be here any minute with hopes you get to live and tell your story.

Supreme Court: Gun Ownership an Individual Right : NPR

I have been living in New York for thirty years and never owned a gun and never needed one. No thanks.
The safest big city in the us has very strict gun laws, the safest countries on this planet are the ones where guns are virtually unattainable for an average citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
As for as homeschooling is concerned, freedom to make personal choices in our lives that effect us directly, is everybody's business, to help sustain those freedoms and knowing we are a country big enough to grant that freedom to others is wonderful.
Sure. People should have the right not to teach their kids how to read. Is that I how you understand freedom?

Old 03-04-2014, 11:47 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
Sure. People should have the right not to teach their kids how to read. Is that I how you understand freedom?

Look, we are left with only two choices. Either parents are free to teach their children whatever they think their children should know, or the government will teach children what the government thinks children should know. Ultimately the question is, who do you trust more? Parents or the government?

I don't trust this government to do absolutely anything. It is a bunch of power-hungry, manipulative sociopaths, who want to turn all the kids into basically loyal citizen lemmings, totally incapable of independent thinking.

I'm sure you are a nationalist, you probably want to force everyone into the military for a couple years when they turn 18. Make them loyal American citizens through government indoctrination. I say, no thank you.

Do I think all parents will do a good job educating their children? Absolutely not. But neither does the government. Even worse, a large percentage of graduates in the governments education system, are actually illiterate. What a totally worthless piece of paper a diploma is(or should be).

The real question in regards to homeschooling is not about quality of education, since homeschoolers on average far exceed others academically. The issue with homeschooling is about assimilation. Hitler made homeschooling illegal in Germany because he felt like the kids who were being homeschooled weren't being assimilated into German society. You know, they weren't being taught state-sanctioned history and world affairs. They weren't being told day-in and day-out how great Germany is, and how bad all those other places are.

Go learn the history of public education in the United States, it really had absolutely nothing to do with education in any real sense. It was always about assimilating our huge number of immigrants. I mean, just go read about the pledge of allegiance. What do you think the pledge of allegiance is for? Your health?

Why would preschoolers be pledging allegiance to anything. They aren't even capable of real logic till they are like eight. Its all about state-control. Turning you into that loyal lemming. No thanks.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Look, we are left with only two choices. Either parents are free to teach their children whatever they think their children should know, or the government will teach children what the government thinks children should know. Ultimately the question is, who do you trust more? Parents or the government?

One look inside an average Walmart or a bar provides an obvious answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I don't trust this government to do absolutely anything. It is a bunch of power-hungry, manipulative sociopaths, who want to turn all the kids into basically loyal citizen lemmings, totally incapable of independent thinking.
Oh. So you are an anarchist, that explains all. You believe that the government, changing from democratic to republican every 8 or so years is in any case out there to get you. Got it now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies