Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 04:48 PM

37,097 posts, read 42,103,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillrunner View Post
There sure is alot of fear on this thread. WAH....words hurt. Grow up . People on here will let themselves be called ******,white boy,white bread,cracker ass mother****er, white devil,white killer,etc. But say ****** and tthats wrong. What a bunch of hippacrites.
Ya, and dont forget what the girls get called, and call each other these days!

Old 03-04-2010, 06:18 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,294,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
Quoted for truth but not all of us are confrontational. The student may have been afraid of retaliation in the form of a bad grade if he/she confronted the professor. Would I have played it differently? Probably but I'm not afraid of confrontation. I do have co-workers (most of them) who are, though and, considering what has gone on in my place of work in the past (can't give details; the internet is not as private as most people think it is) I don't blame them.

In the end, I guess that we don't really know all the details but I'll leave you with this: The fact that his statement is open to interpretation means it has the potential to cause this type of backlash. Yes, everyone has the right to free speech but that doesn't mean that there won't be consequences.
Non confrontational people I understand, but whenever your actions affect someone else's livelihood then I have a probelm.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:14 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,263,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Yes I'm an adult. I didn't say that I use the word, but I don't approve of anyone trying to permenantly ban a noise that comes out of your mouth. That's rediculous. Certain words have an impact to you and I perhaps, but maybe not to these younger kids. The future is theirs and if they choose to stop fearing a word then more power to them. Especially if they take something ugly and make it something nice. It's not MY place to ensure that the future have the same hang ups we do. If people want to change the meaning of words them more power to them. I swear, some people just want their issues to go on and on in perpetuity.

I'm reminded of the South Park episode where the kids actually got Websters dictionary to change the meaning of the word "f.a.g.", which has changed many times over the course of history. That's how life goes.
Well, if that's the case then the FCC needs to relent their hold on all curse words that can be broadcasted on tv. I have no problem w/swearing, the F word is one of my favorite words, it can be said to mean so many different things. Yet there are so many people up in arms about simple swear words, I don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.