U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 07:10 AM

14,076 posts, read 19,679,125 times

Advertisements

A noted British Muslim Cleric has issued a fatwa condemning terrorism and terrorist's. He says they are "disbelievers" and acting counter to the teachings of the Prophet.

Well...good! It's about time someone with this guy's status said that!

Of course, the question arises as to just why it took him the almost nine years since 9/11 to figure that out, but better late than never. Let's hope more prominent Cleric's follow his lead and put al Queda and similar groups where they belong: outside of mainstream Islam.

Tahirul Qadri’s fatwa declares Muslim terrorists ‘disbelievers’

* Noted scholar bans suicide bombing ‘without any excuses, pretexts, or exceptions’

LONDON: Eminent Muslim scholar and founder of the Minhajul Quran International, Dr Tahirul Qadri on Tuesday issued a fatwa that calls for an absolute condemnation ofterrorism and declares such acts as un-Islamic and those carrying out these despicable activities as disbelievers.

In his decree Dr Qadri described al Qaeda as an “old evil with a new name” that has not been sufficiently challenged. He said Islam forbids the massacre of innocent citizens and suicide bombings. Quoting extensively from the holy Quran and the hadis of the Holy Prophet (Peace Be upon Him) Dr Qadri hit hard on the terrorists, describing them as misguided and brain washed people who had no idea about real Islam. He said the 600-page fatwa bans suicide bombing “without any excuses, pretexts, or exceptions”.

The 59-year-old scholar announced categorically that suicide attacks against civilians were not only condemned by Islam but render the perpetrators totally out of the fold of Islam.

According to Dr Qadri, modern terrorists justify their indiscriminate killings by claiming that Islamic scripture allows such campaigns in war. However, he opened new grounds by citing Islamic sources, which prohibit killing of women, children, elders, religious leaders, businessmen, non-combatants and even service personnel not engaged in aggression.

“Contrary to the mindset of the perpetrators of the September 11, 2001 attacks in New York or the July 7, 2005 bombings in London, damaging enemy property or avenging a wrong done by another is strictly prohibited by sound Islamic scholarship,” Dr Qadri told the audience.

“Those who are committing terrorist acts from Pakistan and Afghanistan and claiming it as jihad, do not know what jihad is. What they are doing is forbidden. There will not be jannat (paradise) for them,” he added.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 07:14 AM

41,478 posts, read 57,210,158 times
May Allah Protect this man and Peace be Upon Him.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:29 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,346,325 times
Nice but I'd wager the good Imman words carry about the same weight as Karl Rove and Dick Cheney. People are listening but in the end, nobody (other Muslims) cares.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:25 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,653,138 times
So waging Jihad on infidels is ok, just not suicide bombing them. Big improvement.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:32 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,011,540 times
Interesting and I applaud his message. I'm sure some Allah loving jihadi will murder him for his blasphemy though.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:11 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,346,325 times
Interesting too is how the invading Muslims living in the West contrast with their Eastern brethren.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:32 AM

10,719 posts, read 19,444,332 times
For the right wing conservatives who have labeled Islam an evil religion that espouses terrorism, what do you have to say with regard to this famous Muslim scholar who denounced terrorism and suicide bombers and claimed there is no justification for it. In addition, he published a book that goes line by line in the Koran that refutes any support for terrorism. Contrary to what Evangelicals claim about Islam, this Cleric actually goes to the source of the Koran and explains specifically how the Koran doesn't espouse violence.

Again, this proves that both Christianity and Islam have their wing nuts who interpret their texts literally to come to ridiculous conclusions. With Christianity, you have the normal mainstream Christians and then you have the extremist Evangelicals. We are seeing the same with Islam. You have mainstream Muslims and then you have the Taliban. Why can't we just accept that it's not the religion that is the problem but the people who interpret it. For the record, neither I or anyone else has condemned Christianity or is Christian bashing. We are Christians but we do condemn Evangelicals just like Muslims are condemning the Taliban and suicide bombers.

Muslim scholar's fatwa condemns terrorism - CNN.com

Old 03-04-2010, 01:41 AM
zox

344 posts, read 452,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Interesting too is how the invading Muslims living in the West contrast with their Eastern brethren.
That is a stereotype. Americans see terrorism abroad and assume the majority of Muslims living in the Middle East and Southeast Asia are terrorists or embrace terrorism. I've traveled to Dubai in the 1980's prior to the United Arab Emirates becoming this glamorous capitalized country. It was just like any other country. People were grocery shopping, driving and going about their day. I really wish more of you could travel because you will learn how similar all of us really are.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:43 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,800,944 times
There is hope.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:50 AM

9,904 posts, read 13,408,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Nice but I'd wager the good Imman words carry about the same weight as Karl Rove and Dick Cheney. People are listening but in the end, nobody (other Muslims) cares.

I care and I'm listening and I'm not Muslim and I'm more than sure that he will give a voice to all those Muslims who have probably sat back and wondered what the hell is going on and what to believe.

There's been others I've seen speak here (Australia) on the television and in the media and they've made a great deal of sense, unfortunately it's not the kind of sense that supports the media bs that goes on in this country. I'm quite sure it's the same in most Western civilizations.

I hope he does gather like minded Muslims together and that he keeps speaking AND I hope those tools (extremists) that have had it too good for too long aren't able to silence him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies