Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 02:09 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,203,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Oh I agree
Whats good for you is whats good for America.
Freedom of choice is soooo overrated.
So my freedom to dislike cars shouldn't exist?

I have the freedom to think however I want. I want everyone to have the freedom to own 7 cars if they want, I simply wish people were more environmentally aware of the impact of automobiles.

I never said this would be good for America, I said it would be good for the environment and good for people's health. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwoods View Post
That makes sense if you live in the city. It would be a real problem for people who live in rural areas or suburbs. There isn't a one size fits all solution.
Very true...however I think the suburban sprawl is a major problem. I personally dislike suburbia/strip malls/rampant consumerism that is everywhere in the country right now.

I would be a bit happier if people were more environmentally aware of the impact of owning a 2500 sqft house with 3 cars. $7/gal gas would force people to be a little more aware of those things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 02:12 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,868 times
If we are going to follow this ideology ignoring facts from fiction on global climate change lets just tax everything in the name of helping the planet. If you drive 2 miles you are taxed, if you breath you are taxed, if you eat meat you are taxed. If you are born you are taxed, if you go to the bathroom it will be a extra tax. After all we have air pollution and garbage pollution.
If you own more the one car you are taxed. If you buy anything with PLASTIC you are taxed. Lets make it 50% higher after all that is goal to get money to COMBAT our existence. Rich, middle and or poor you will ALL BE TAXED to save the planet even the poor MUST PAY or go to jail for killing the planet.

Sorry I got off track.
7 dollar gas why not make it 20 dollars, how about 100 lets make sure we all understand the seriousness of our choices and driving is no longer a option poverty and control is the only way.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:17 PM

938 posts, read 1,230,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Sorry I got off track.
7 dollar gas why not make it 20 dollars, how about 100 lets make sure we all understand the seriousness of our choices and driving is no longer a option poverty and control is the only way.
the pot must be stirred slowly as to cook the frog to just the right texture.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:55 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,473,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Context, my dear Finkie... Context... Look it up if you have to. Your response to my post - if one understands the context of it - makes exactly zero sense.
The context is that you don't think those things I've mentioned are a big deal.

The other context is that you're short sighted and are a pretty big reason that the US is in the ****ter.

I happen to think that dipping a trillion or so dollars into a resource war when the US is broke is kind of a big deal! Guess I'm a fiscal conservative.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:00 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Well, good luck, then.
Good luck with what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I will continue to assume that, on average, the price of fuel will increase over time.
Good for you. What does your assumption have to do with the government inflating the pump price with exorbitant taxes (which is, in case you need to be reminded again, the subject of this thread)? Or is your assumption based only on taxes, and not the price of oil?

Old 03-03-2010, 03:30 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Whatever. I can afford it. That's all that matters.

I'm rehearsing to become a Republican.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:32 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
So my freedom to dislike cars shouldn't exist?

I have the freedom to think however I want. I want everyone to have the freedom to own 7 cars if they want, I simply wish people were more environmentally aware of the impact of automobiles.

I never said this would be good for America, I said it would be good for the environment and good for people's health. Please don't put words in my mouth.
I could give .02 ****s about what kind of car you own or like, but really the arrogance of you epecting me to pick up the tab at the gas pump for your choices is a little much to bear.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
I could give .02 ****s about what kind of car you own or like, but really the arrogance of you epecting me to pick up the tab at the gas pump for your choices is a little much to bear.
Neither do the rest of us. Which is why those of us that are responsible don't really care if the rest of you get taxed. **** you, got mine.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:53 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Neither do the rest of us. Which is why those of us that are responsible don't really care if the rest of you get taxed. **** you, got mine.
Stealing from others to get what you want, responsible indeed...and very liberal.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Stealing from others to get what you want, responsible indeed...and very liberal.
I dunno, since the price of gas is artificially low how about we remove all government subsidization from the oil industry first, then we can talk about "theft".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies