Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 04:56 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,325,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I see this as another Foley refusal to take responsibility for his own actions. MAN the freak up.
Who're you kidding? Foley had way more dignity than this clown. Plus the GOP was very quick to publicly disavow Foley's shenanigans...none of you Dems seem upset by his actions...only his No vote on health care and cap and trade.

If he'd voted Yes, you hypocrites would be making an all out push to defend his actions and lecturing us about personal choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 05:31 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Who're you kidding? Foley had way more dignity than this clown. Plus the GOP was very quick to publicly disavow Foley's shenanigans...none of you Dems seem upset by his actions...only his No vote on health care and cap and trade.

If he'd voted Yes, you hypocrites would be making an all out push to defend his actions and lecturing us about personal choice.

Why would I be up in arms about something that happened at a wedding? How is this an ethical issue when they were at a wedding? Give me a freaking break. Your trying to tell me NO politicians has EVER flirted with anyone outside of the office and after work hours? MESSY MESSA is trying to make the correlation of his flirtation with the same sex to that of his NO vote, news flash, he was not the only democrat that voted no.

The difference with Foley if I recall is he was stupid enough to proposition a police officer or am I mixing this up with that english singer.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:55 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,775,293 times
Default Eric Massa: "Democrats ousted me over health care"

Quote:
Rep. Eric Massa (D-N.Y.) says the House ethics committee is investigating him for inappropriate comments he made to a male staffer on New Year's Eve — and that he's the victim of a power play by Democratic leaders who want him out of Congress because he's a "no" vote on health care reform.
Source: Eric Massa: Democrats ousted me over health care - Tim Grieve - POLITICO.com

A lot of politicians have been coming out of the closet lately.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:56 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Source: Eric Massa: Democrats ousted me over health care - Tim Grieve - POLITICO.com

A lot of politicians have been coming out of the closet lately.

There are 2 other threads on this already.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:00 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,949,179 times
Rham Emmanuel needs to go to prison where someone can beat him at his own game...

RealClearPolitics - Video - Massa: Rahm Emanuel "Would Sell His Own Mother" For Votes

Old 03-08-2010, 07:56 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,229,314 times
Gutter politics... doesn't get any better than this ! ! !

Old 03-08-2010, 08:23 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,325,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Gutter politics... doesn't get any better than this ! ! !
Yeah, I love it, too!

Old 03-08-2010, 09:31 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,661,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Who're you kidding? Foley had way more dignity than this clown. Plus the GOP was very quick to publicly disavow Foley's shenanigans...
Dennis Hastert and John Boehner knew about Mark Foley's behavior for months and never said a word about it. They, along with the rest of the Republican leadership at the time, covered up Foley's behavior.

GOP Leader Rebuts Hastert on Foley - washingtonpost.com

Old 03-08-2010, 09:35 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,265,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Rham Emmanuel needs to go to prison where someone can beat him at his own game...

RealClearPolitics - Video - Massa: Rahm Emanuel "Would Sell His Own Mother" For Votes
I'll do it, Rahm is fricking hot!

Old 03-09-2010, 01:47 PM

301 posts, read 282,773 times
So, Mr. Massa did indeed RESIGN. Sorry Sanrene. Looks like your urging everyone to call his office and encourage him to not give up his seat didn't work. You guys need to take a much, much closer look at the things Massa is saying about his past behaviors; those kinds of behaviors don't really seem to be the *family values* type of things that Republicans like to claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies