Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 08:08 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,827,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Well Im glad you can do that. The people that are less fortunate ( the once you call human disasters) , might not have the money to pay extra to shop at the "better" stores!
Actually in lots of town, such as the one where I live, Walmart is pretty much the ONLY place to shop. So everyone shops there, rich and poor alike. And why wouldn't I shop there? I can buy crafts supplies, Ipod accessories, a new Coleman stove, Levi jeans, a Wii for the kids, oil filters for the car, etc (those are some of my recent purchases in fact.) Great selection at good prices. What's not to like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 10:51 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,243,923 times
Hating Walmart is so fashionable and so silly. If you dont' like the store then don't shop there. I love Walmart. The problem for me is that now that there are no Walmarts near me. There are 5 Targets closer to me than the nearest Walmart so there's no point in going. Walmart doesn't do anything that Target doesn't do.

Walmart pays low wages. Actually Walmart pays some of the highest wages in retail. People who work full time for any retail establishment is going to be a low wage worker so its not just Walmart who has corner stone on this.

Now if we just get a Walmart in Arlington VA all will be right with the world but I won't hold my breath.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:06 PM

551 posts, read 1,574,139 times
The only reason why I don't go to Walmart anymore? The customer service is horrible in every way, shape and form!

Old 03-12-2010, 02:15 PM

45,374 posts, read 60,561,367 times
I think we need a retro "I Hate K-Mart" thread. The same things were said about it 30 and 40 years ago except there was no internet to "spread the word".

Old 03-12-2010, 03:23 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asonnier View Post
The only reason why I don't go to Walmart anymore? The customer service is horrible in every way, shape and form!
Why asking for customer service at all? One of the most annoying things I find when going to any store is their customer service.

Now, in relation to Walmar and similar store in town: all sell products that are made in China and other nations around the world, including the US. Also, all the US companies have their products made in China, Mexico, and in a lot of other nations around the world. So, maybe those who complain about Walmart because of Chinese products don't realize that not too many products are still made in the US, including products of US companies.

I go to Walmart to buy produce, automobile oil, some camping gear, some hunting/shooting gear (including guns), tires, etc. I buy the same products at other stores depending on which one has the best deal, but nobody in town can beat Walmat's deals on automobile oils (under $22.00 for a gallon of Mobil 1, or Castrol synthetic oil). I go to Home Depot to buy construction materials. I go to Fred Meyer, or Safeway to buy produce, meats, fish, and wine. However, every one of these also sell products that are made in China.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:27 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Why asking for customer service at all? One of the most annoying things I find when going to any store is their customer service.
I hear ya, bro! This ain't Nordy's we're talking about.

Thanks for the tip on Mobile 1 for $22. I don't even want to mention what I paid for it at Autozone the other day.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:48 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I think we need a retro "I Hate K-Mart" thread. The same things were said about it 30 and 40 years ago except there was no internet to "spread the word".
And Sears, Penney's and Wards 50 years before K-Mart.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:58 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,179,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I hear ya, bro! This ain't Nordy's we're talking about.

Thanks for the tip on Mobile 1 for $22. I don't even want to mention what I paid for it at Autozone the other day.
Well, I went to the local NAPA store, and they wanted nearly $46.00 for a gallon of Mobil 1 5W-30! With the real screwed economy we are going through, it's not a bad idea to shop around. I ended buying over 5 gallons of oil at Walmart, and only have one gallon left

Old 03-18-2010, 09:20 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
I can imagine why minorities don't like Walmart (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Black-people-must-leave-NJ-apf-1749619349.html?x=0 - broken link)

Old 03-18-2010, 10:36 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Source: The Real Reason We Hate Wal-Mart - Wal-Mart - Gawker

I hate walmart because its full of trash, im referring to people, that smell like cigarettes and are incredible obese. ITs true though Walmart is just depressing.
Attention WalMart shoppers; would all the trashy, odorous, obese customers please leave the building immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies