Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2010, 10:14 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,916,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Like Larry the Cable Guy says, if you don't like Wal-Mart, then don't shop there. If you don't like how it treats it's workers then don't work there. I, personally, don't like stupid people who can't figure that out for themselves.

That's like saying if you don't like child abuse, don't abuse your child. Typical conservative mindset..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2010, 10:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
You hit the nail on the head. The other reason is that they have low self esteem and have to find others to belittle, to make themselves feel better. The most disgusting example of this is PeopleofWalmart.com where people take pictures of WalMart shoppers and post them on the Internet for everyone to ridicule. I find the people taking the pictures and publicly posting them for "fun" to be far more disgusting than the people in the photographs.
So well said, Dave. And just look at the second post after you said it and see what has been provided. They are surely worse than the people they snap the pictures of.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
I buy American, as long as it's not Union made.
That is just what I do. I don't want anything that is union made until I see some proof that our unions don't want what the Greek unions want and I see them wanting just the same thing. They have been the reason for high prices in this country but want more and more. I don't want to buy anything they produce unless I have to have it and can't live without it.

Old 05-08-2010, 10:54 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
You hit the nail on the head. The other reason is that they have low self esteem and have to find others to belittle, to make themselves feel better. The most disgusting example of this is PeopleofWalmart.com where people take pictures of WalMart shoppers and post them on the Internet for everyone to ridicule. I find the people taking the pictures and publicly posting them for "fun" to be far more disgusting than the people in the photographs.
Maybe you're being sarcastic???...Probably not, I had no idea about PeopleofWalmart.com but when immature and ignorant people like me see something that probably will bring laughter and belly cramps from laughter you probably shouldn't repost it. Just yesterday I posted about a "Beef Stew", well someone who seemed to be offended by it posted the "urban dictionary" definiton of a beef stew. Being the immature and ignorant person I am, I read all of the defintions for a "beef stew" and lmfao for about an hour. I think I actually cracked a rib. I guarantee I wasn't the only one either. So again, if its out of sarcasm, good for you, if not...well nuff said.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:01 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
That is just what I do. I don't want anything that is union made until I see some proof that our unions don't want what the Greek unions want and I see them wanting just the same thing. They have been the reason for high prices in this country but want more and more. I don't want to buy anything they produce unless I have to have it and can't live without it.
What products are you talking about?

Old 05-09-2010, 03:15 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
I absolutely loathe Wal-Mart, and typically try to avoid them whenever possible. I'll do my shopping at Target, thank you.

Old 05-09-2010, 06:22 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawflower View Post
That's like saying if you don't like child abuse, don't abuse your child. Typical conservative mindset..
It's not like saying that at all.

If you don't like Wal-Marts then nobody is forcing you to shop there. Nobody is forcing anyone to work there either.

Child abuse has nothing to do Wal-Marts.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:24 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
I am guilty , I have been in a Walmart on more than one occasion. They usually have great prices on handgun ammo !

Old 05-09-2010, 08:40 AM

471 posts, read 600,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
As a betting man, would lay a hefty wager that almost all of those that dislike Wal Mart are on the left side of the political scale. Liberals just cannot stand to see a success story involving a huge company. Whatever your opinion is, like it or not, WM is a success story, and it is not going to go away. If they are such a terrible place to work, why is it that they have never had a shortage of applicants for job openings? Not just during the recession, but going back to good times. Every time you or I, or our neighbor shops at Wal Mart, we have, in effect, just gotten a raise. We have saved money that can be spent elsewhere, invested, or saved. Are there things I dont like about then? Yes there are. I do not like doing business with the damn ChiComs, whom I view with a great deal of suspicion and hostility. They are after, and catering to, the illegal alien crowd. Many stores have signs in Spanish and announcements over the PA in Spanish. And yes, many stores are rather dirty and unkempt, with shelves unstocked and untidy, and those long, slow checkout lines can be a pain. Well, nobodys perfect.
There are many people on both sides of the aisle that dislike wal-mart. Anyone who knows what their true socioeconomic costs to society are realize that there is no "wal mart miracle" it is simply a miracle of tax subsidy. Take away all the money they scrape from the public trough, and you would see they aren't really that successful, not without massive gov't subsidies in the form of free health care and other social safety nets and other government largess. Wal-Mart worshipers typically ignore all of these factors and know little about system dynamics.

Walmarts contribute to a cycle of poverty and dependency in small towns, eliminate higher paying jobs, reduce total number of jobs, lower wages, increase use of social services, increase hopelessness, and now you have "shoppers for life". People walk into there voluntarily to be sure, but Wal-Mart is more akin to a drug dealer who entices, then creates dependence and ultimately destruction of lives.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:50 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Source: The Real Reason We Hate Wal-Mart - Wal-Mart - Gawker

I hate walmart because its full of trash, im referring to people, that smell like cigarettes and are incredible obese. ITs true though Walmart is just depressing.
I'll bet you consider yourself to be openminded? You paint with a very broad brush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies