Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2010, 05:04 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Source: The Real Reason We Hate Wal-Mart - Wal-Mart - Gawker

I hate walmart because its full of trash, im referring to people, that smell like cigarettes and are incredible obese. ITs true though Walmart is just depressing.
I like Walmart because it reminds me of what not to buy!

I look around in other peoples shopping carts and most items they buy, I won't buy...I look at how they look and when they are obese, I stay away from the items they buy...which is half the store and mostly the biggest packages...

...That keeps me in shape!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 10:21 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,927,978 times
How would a person know how people dress or smell or are obese unless they themselves patronize WALMART or any other large store.

If I go by a store without going inside...how am I to know what the people inside are like.

You can't read a book without looking inside.

Old 07-06-2010, 05:17 PM

88 posts, read 75,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I've found that people who hate Wal-mart generally shop at Target. Kind of ironic when you consider Target is pretty much the same store with the same product at a higher cost. Oh, and the people are better looking. Why spend 100 dollars at Wal-Mart when you could get the exact same stuff at Target for 120? And people wonder why the economy is in the crapper.
Why? To avoid the human debris that is WalMart. Target is relatively nice. If the price difference between Target and WalMart is really an issues for you, I suggest you get away from the keyboard, improve you skills, employment and life cause if the difference matters, well I see a big "L" hovering over.....

Old 07-06-2010, 05:35 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,515,537 times
I haven't been in a WalMart in years. I will not give them a penny. They're one of the biggest destroyers of all small businesses, pay slave wages and garbages bennies. IMO, they are slave masters. I hate WalMart

Old 07-06-2010, 05:58 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBurst View Post
Why? To avoid the human debris that is WalMart. Target is relatively nice. If the price difference between Target and WalMart is really an issues for you, I suggest you get away from the keyboard, improve you skills, employment and life cause if the difference matters, well I see a big "L" hovering over.....
Somewhere there is a Nordstrom shopper saying the exact same things about Target and you.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:04 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
I understand your point. If you really wanted to keep the scenic beauty, you should have purchased the parcel yourself. You were lucky to have a free ride for so long.

Speaking for everybody else in the neighborhood, they will benefit from lower prices--giving them more money for other things. Many will find that Walmart offers them the best employment opportunity available to them. More choices for consumers, more employment for the community, a win-win situation.

I'm a little surprised at the negative comments about Walmart shoppers. It's hard to believe that the 110 million people in America who visit Walmart every week fit into such objectionable categories.
Yes, bulldoze every parcel of land, and cover it with concrete just because you can...hooray!!!

There is a WalMart less than 10 miles down the road from the parcel they're trying to build on. I don't consider it a 'win win' situation because there is a huge coalition of people who have been stalling this project for years because the town doesn't want it. Unfortunately, a little town of 20,000 people doesn't have much clout with a gigantic corporation.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:11 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Unfortunately, a little town of 20,000 people doesn't have much clout with a gigantic corporation.
Are you kidding? They absolutely do. All they have to do is not shop there and the store will close. Problem solved. Only that's not what will happen, will it? And why is that?

Old 07-06-2010, 06:38 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,120 times
Well, sometimes people ask realtives to GO to WAL MART, and pick up some things. It isn't a crime to do that as a favor, but sometimes, Goddess wants us to see what hell looks like from the inside. She really does !

Old 08-17-2010, 05:09 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Wal-mart haters are like vegetarians and Prius drivers. They hate it because they enjoy being on a bandwagon, not because it makes any sense.
You summed up the herd mentality of liberals very well.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:56 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Wal-mart haters are like vegetarians and Prius drivers. They hate it because they enjoy being on a bandwagon, not because it makes any sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You summed up the herd mentality of liberals very well.
It's the mob mentality of any political or religious persuasion, not just "liberals". Fear and ignorance makes humans behave in supremely stupid ways. In fact, your post suggests to me that you think in exactly the same way as the poster you are criticizing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies