Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 09:31 PM

1,224 posts, read 1,287,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
You actually proved a point, not me. The point that Conservatives seem to be highly uneducated and probably didn't even pass High School.
Who's b*tching here?

Thanks again........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 09:35 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Guess who Walmart employs in his factories? Right, NOT Americans. Pretty much everything comes from overseas. If Conservatives had a little bit of common sense, they'd know that. But hey, we know Conservatives can't think. At the same time you're ranting off about outsourcing. Guess what Walmart does.
his?????

when old man walton ran the business he had everything. "made in america" there used to be signs al over walmart, it wasnt till more reciently that crap went over seas

funny thing too

the clinton connection to walmart
the obama connection to walmart
the harry reid connection to walmart
the pelosi connections to walmart

Old 03-03-2010, 09:43 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Overcrowded
Then you must need another super Wal-Mart to come to your town like what happened to my town.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:49 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,010,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post

What really surprises me is that people will still shop for food at Walmart when the local supermarkets are significantly cheaper with fresher produce and better selection on most items.
Really? I've never seen a local supermarket that can even come close to competing with wal-mart's prices. Granted a lot of times the supermarkets have better produce and meats, not cheaper but better.. that isn't the bulk of my shopping though.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:50 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
I went to a Walmart in Pittsburgh once 8 years ago. My friends and I walked in and noticed we were surrounded by incredible obese people who for some reason were shouting and out of control kids. We made it 20 feet and left. Walmart is like a spawning ground for the worst people.
Hey, obese people are just like you. They gotta eat,too. And if it's junk food from Wal-Mart, then junk food it will be.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:57 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
I went to a Walmart in Pittsburgh once 8 years ago. My friends and I walked in and noticed we were surrounded by incredible obese people who for some reason were shouting and out of control kids. We made it 20 feet and left. Walmart is like a spawning ground for the worst people.
maybe the problem wasnt walmart, maybe it was just the people of PITTSburg........oh that would surely be painting with a braod brush...pot meet kettle

I bet joe is a short out of sharp bald hillbilly

Old 03-03-2010, 10:37 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Source: The Real Reason We Hate Wal-Mart - Wal-Mart - Gawker

I hate walmart because its full of trash, im referring to people, that smell like cigarettes and are incredible obese. ITs true though Walmart is just depressing.

So what are my options at 4AM when I want groceries? Farmer Jack pulled out of Michigan a couple years ago and all I can afford at Kroger is the ten for ten specials. The rest is outlandish. Super K sucks out loud and Meijer is too far away, plus their security people are really creepy. I used to date one of their floor walkers years ago and learned all about the goings on there. Turns out they used to watch me all the time when I did my midnight shopping. And in case anyone is wondering how many of those people who are there in the middle of the night are employees posing as shoppers so they can watch you as you shop, well, it's about half. Yep, if their are twenty people shopping, figure ten of them are store security. Of course by store security I mean loss prevention because if the place got held up they wouldn't do diddley squat to protect you. What a bunch of money grubbin' creeps. Agh, I'll take Walmart over any of them. They're close by, open 24/7 and I can affort to shop there.

P.S. if Walmart puts you over the edge so easily, maybe your life has no meaning.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:50 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
If Wal Mart would close you'd have:
Poor people really screwed by having to buy over priced items and food at small neighborhood stores or bordegas.
Dirt bags suddenly forced to find other sources of income since they can't shoplift at Wal mart.
Parents getting annoyed and pressed for money by their teens because they can no longer steal video games, DVDs, make up, etc.
Old people having to drive all over town for food, medicine, pet food, whatever.
K mart and Target and Sears would suddnely become or go back to being the most hated box stores and get blamed for the areas woes.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:59 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
If Wal Mart would close you'd have:
Poor people really screwed by having to buy over priced items and food at small neighborhood stores or bordegas.
Dirt bags suddenly forced to find other sources of income since they can't shoplift at Wal mart.
Parents getting annoyed and pressed for money by their teens because they can no longer steal video games, DVDs, make up, etc.
Old people having to drive all over town for food, medicine, pet food, whatever.
K mart and Target and Sears would suddnely become or go back to being the most hated box stores and get blamed for the areas woes.

I suspect the real reason liberals hate Walmart is because they despise the Waltons and their money. See, the Waltons are notoriously and outspokenly conservative and they are LOADED! They exemplify what is right with capitalism. If a Yahoo from the sticks like Sam Walton can make it big through hard work, common sense marketing and dedicated leadership, the rest of us have no excuse for not making capitalism work for us too.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:05 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
If there's anything City-Data lacks, it's Wal-Mart threads dripping with disgusting classist bigotry. I salute you, joejitsu, tireless warrior for the "we're for the common man" left, for filling this critical void.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies