Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are we a Christian nation?
Yes 90 24.26%
No 212 57.14%
To an extent 69 18.60%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 04:22 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,419,017 times

Advertisements

LOL no we are not a Christian nation, but we do have a lot of Christians.

Why is it that so many extreme right wingers want to turn us into the Christian Iran?

Please do us all a favour and move to the south, secede, and establish your own little Jesusland there. We won't miss you.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:24 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,577,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Yes, certainly, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam all go back to Abraham and all three have for hundreds of years been acknowledged as the "three great (or Abrahamic) religions
No, sorry. That is incorrect. Islam only goes back to the cave where mohammed invented his religion.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:27 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,136,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
the seculars kicked God out of their lives and are making sure the Bible or the word of God does not appear anywhere. """"

What country are you talking about? Please back up your allegation with factual examples...LOL! No, really, I know ya can't....

""Of course it is a nation going backward.. primitive with no refinement.

TV is the reflection of the United States. Greed, pleasure, materialism , sex and bad language. Even the ten commandments say to not take the Lords Name in Vain , It is now cool to post or say OMG or Oh My God today. That is taking the Lords name in vain. Secularism has trained the people to disrespect anything good today and make every thing bad as cool..

In the last days, it is written ... good is bad and bad is good. The people of this nation is not acting very Christian.
So why do you call it a "christian " nation....doesn't seem you'd be too proud of that....

Old 07-08-2012, 04:31 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,577,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
the seculars kicked God out of their lives and are making sure the Bible or the word of God does not appear anywhere. Of course it is a nation going backward.. primitive with no refinement.

TV is the reflection of the United States. Greed, pleasure, materialism , sex and bad language. Even the ten commandments say to not take the Lords Name in Vain , It is now cool to post or say OMG or Oh My God today. That is taking the Lords name in vain. Secularism has trained the people to disrespect anything good today and make every thing bad as cool..

In the last days, it is written ... good is bad and bad is good. The people of this nation is not acting very Christian.
Yes, that seems to be an accelerating and unfortunate trend. No one argues this is a perfect nation, but I think this is still a Christian nation. The "pursuit of happiness" to me is NOT a Christian principle, and neither is finding the "American dream" or the saying "follow your dreams". It seems like anything goes in order to chase or follow the "dream". That mindset leads to nothing but greed and money/material worship, and I guess we all know that is the other side of the American coin.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, sorry. That is incorrect. Islam only goes back to the cave where mohammed invented his religion.
Lol you have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, that seems to be an accelerating and unfortunate trend. No one argues this is a perfect nation, but I think this is still a Christian nation. The "pursuit of happiness" to me is NOT a Christian principle, and neither is finding the "American dream" or the saying "follow your dreams". It seems like anything goes in order to chase or follow the "dream". That mindset leads to nothing but greed and money/material worship, and I guess we all know that is the other side of the American coin.
The reason Christianity is losing so many followers especially amongst the youth population isn't because of secularism. It's because of people like you who have turned Christianity into such a massive joke.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:37 PM

311 posts, read 605,299 times
America is a Christian nation and will always be.

Those who voted 'No' on this poll do not represent the majority of Americans and don't know anything about the constitution.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:38 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,873,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
The reason Christianity is losing so many followers especially amongst the youth population isn't because of secularism. It's because of people like you who have turned Christianity into such a massive joke.
^^^This. So happy to be non-religious!!!!

Old 07-08-2012, 04:39 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,091,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
America is a Christian nation and will always be.

Those who voted 'No' on this poll do not represent the majority of Americans and don't know anything about the constitution.
I think you meant to say Those who voted 'Yes'

Old 07-08-2012, 04:40 PM

33,539 posts, read 18,131,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So why do you call it a "christian " nation....doesn't seem you'd be too proud of that....
The United States was founded on Christian principles. The Ten commandments were at the core . We based our laws on what we call righteousness . What is right for society.

We can be whatever we want in this nation. That is plain to see. A skunk , a murderer, a liar and a devout Christian. One can worship a mushroom.

Of course there are consequences on what a person believes and ones actions define what kind of person one is. The freedoms here are broad. One can be a low lifer or a responsible person. Secular Humanism is a belief.. It is self serving and really has no rules other than ones conscience which is no rules at all to some. Some people have no conscience. This country is in a fallen state and secular humanism is the religion that is pushed by society, media and liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.