Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are we a Christian nation?
Yes 90 24.26%
No 212 57.14%
To an extent 69 18.60%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 04:59 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Voting habits are another argument to prove US is a Christian country.
In a Christian country a Christian candidate is expected to get more votes. Thanks for pointing it out.
If America is a "Christian country," then I think I'd prefer a satanic one. At least it wouldn't be hypocritical.

BTW, Christ didn't promote "democracy." He promoted "theocracy." And the God He served is not the one being obeyed at the White House. Guaranteed.

Peace,
brian

Old 07-16-2012, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Sure. 80% marked Christian and 0.6% muslim.
Just because people mark "Christian" doesn't mean that God considers them Christian.

Do you believe everything people tell you?

Peace,
brian

Old 07-16-2012, 05:05 AM

It seems to me, that there are those who believe America is a "Christian nation" simply because that's what people tell them it is. They just accept it.

Others look beneath the surface, question things, and see if what people say matches up with what they actually do.

Peace to all,
brian

Old 07-16-2012, 05:05 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Sure it does - for if you do not consider LDS Christian, then the number of those elected to Congress who are Mormon, go against your assertion.
How many are mormon? Either way, my opinon about them being Christian (or not) does not matter, because even they identify themselves as Christian. Many, if not most, Americans identify themselves as Christian even though they do not have a personal relationship with Christ. They agree with Christian principles and follow Christian traditions and play a part in making US a Christian nation. Same occurs in muslim countries where everyone dresses like muslims, and follows muslim traditions, although in their hearts they couldn't care less.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-16-2012 at 05:55 AM..

Old 07-16-2012, 05:44 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
I see the sin of Pride is still going strong...

Old 07-16-2012, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
If America is a "Christian country," then I think I'd prefer a satanic one.
OK Brian. Your preference is noted.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Just because people mark "Christian" doesn't mean that God considers them Christian. Do you believe everything people tell you?
Did God authorize you to judge their hearts?

Old 07-16-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
It seems to me, that there are those who believe America is a "Christian nation" simply because that's what people tell them it is. They just accept it.

Others look beneath the surface, question things, and see if what people say matches up with what they actually do.
It depends on how you define a "Christian Country". According to my definition, which is same as justice Brewer, US is a Christian country. Some say that a Christian country is synonymous with theocracy, in which case US would not be a Christian country. Some others say that US is a Chrisatian country only of all citizens are true born again Christians, in which case there isn't a single Christian country on the planet, and never has been.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
OK Brian. Your preference is noted.
Thank you.

Quote:
Did God authorize you to judge their hearts?
No, but He did authorize me to judge their actions. You should, too.

Quote:
It depends on how you define a "Christian Country". According to my definition, which is same as justice Brewer, US is a Christian country. Some say that a Christian country is synonymous with theocracy, in which case US would not be a Christian country. Some others say that US is a Chrisatian country only of all citizens are true born again Christians, in which case there isn't a single Christian country on the planet, and never has been.
As I see it, a Christian country would be a country where the people follow the commandments of Jesus Christ. As of yet, no whole country has done that. Although some people have said that Jerusalem was Christianized before the fall in 70AD. I wasn't there, so I don't know. But a country that is Christian is a country that follows Jesus' example. I don't see much of that happening in the US.

Peace,
brian

Old 07-16-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
As I see it, a Christian country would be a country where the people follow the commandments of Jesus Christ. As of yet, no whole country has done that. Although some people have said that Jerusalem was Christianized before the fall in 70AD. I wasn't there, so I don't know. But a country that is Christian is a country that follows Jesus' example. I don't see much of that happening in the US.
Like I said, it depends on your definiton of what a "Christian Country" means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies