Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 12:29 PM

146 posts, read 112,497 times

Advertisements

I could care less about what most Americans think of Fox News...but the fact that President Obama and his thug administration are so angered by it, speaks volumes to his character, or lack thereof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 12:42 PM

43 posts, read 25,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Not much, except that they don't utter "Fair and Balanced" every 5 minutes.

Oh, and they don't have a proven record of lying, and defending their right to lie in court.
Isn't it sheer hypocrisy to claim that Fox lies but that MSNBC tells the truth?

Old 03-04-2010, 12:44 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
the hilariously-named ceasespin.org fails to tell you that this ruling involved a local fox affiliate station in tampa, FL, not the FOX NEWS so feared, despised, and babbled about endlessly by liberals nationwide.

ceasespin. egad

Old 03-04-2010, 12:49 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
you Sir or Ma'am, have way too much time on your hands!
Been watching Olbermann a bit too much, have you?

Old 03-04-2010, 01:07 PM

1,895 posts, read 3,416,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Been watching Olbermann a bit too much, have you?

honestly, i've never watched Olbermann a day in my life. is that supposed to mean something??

Old 03-04-2010, 01:10 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,793,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haymaker View Post
Isn't it sheer hypocrisy to claim that Fox lies but that MSNBC tells the truth?
Not sure that you know what the word hypocrisy means. I don't run a news network. However, I am admittedly biased myself. MSNBC's reporting is much more truthful and honest than Fox's reporting. I watch both networks, and agree with MSNBC's commentary 10x more than Fox's. Fox has a proven and long record of bending the truth and outright dishonesty. I haven't seen that on MSNBC. You're welcome to show otherwise.

The Ten Most Egregious Fox News Distortions (VIDEO)

YouTube - FOX NEWS- LIES, LIES, LIES --See For Yourself (part 1 of 2)

YouTube - FOX NEWS- LIES, LIES, LIES --See For Yourself (part 2 of 2)

And for the record, I can't stand Olbermann most of the time.

Last edited by Art123; 03-04-2010 at 01:27 PM..

Old 03-04-2010, 01:20 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palance View Post
what makes MSNBC more "fair & balanced" than Fox? if anything CNN is the network of white guilt.
Well, for one thing, can you find a video or news article on MSNBC or CNN that's gotten pounded for being inaccurate at least?

To my memory, FOX has been pounded four or five times on this forum for their inaccuracies, distortions and invented "news".

Old 03-04-2010, 01:27 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Not sure that you know what the word hypocrisy means. I don't run a news network. However, I am admittedly biased myself. MSNBC's reporting is much more truthful and honest than Fox's reporting. I watch both networks, and agree with MSNBC's commentary 10x more than Fox's. Fox has a proven and long record of bending the truth and outright dishonesty. I haven't seen that on MSNBC.

And for the record, I can't stand Olbermann most of the time.
First you admit that you're biased and then define truth and honesty in terms of who you agree with more often. Strange.

Anyway, we certainly agree about Olbermann

Old 03-04-2010, 01:41 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
Fox news is not fair and balanced. Neither is any other news station or network out there.

The only reason Fox gets hammered so mercilessly by liberals is because all of the other stations are clearly slanted to the the left. Fox stands out like a sore thumb. For many of them, they are flat out angry that Fox isn't also biased to the left. If Fox were left leaning like MSNBC, CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, NPR, etc., you would never hear them complain at all. I mean, how many times do they complain about the left leaning networks? Extremely rare, usually its only if it is one of the token conservative reporters making a comment that the left says anything.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:42 PM

100 posts, read 244,717 times
Choosing not to watch FOX NEWS is the way this Obama loving, pro- choice, pro-equality, gay lovin, whiney Liberal avoids having her ears subjected to the spin and hatred spread on Fox news. It used to be entertaining when Bush was in office to see how they would spin things but now it's just sad.

BTW I love Keith
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies