Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 12:11 PM

50 posts, read 65,652 times

Advertisements

Anyone who calls him a leftwinger owes us an explanation on why Von Mises, Rothbard and Lew Rockwell are leftwing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 01:39 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Maybe you'll accept the proof from the left-wing press?

Pentagon shooter little known by neighbors - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

"Bedell, 36, a graduate student in electrical engineering at San Jose State University, was diagnosed as bipolar, or manic depressive, and had been in and out of treatment programs for years.
After a 2006 marijuana and resisting arrest case in Orange County, California, his psychiatrist said Bedell tried to self-medicate with pot, inadvertently making his bipolar disorder symptoms more pronounced."

Oh I'm sorry. I don't play the " Right Wing...Left Wing...Liberal...hut...hut-hut Game". I have no partisan interests, whatsoever.

I watched the video you linked to and there was no mention of him being a pot-head. Maybe it's somewhere else?

But let's take the alleged quote you posted. Seems to me it's vague when exactly he started medicating himself with pot. Under those terms, that hardly makes him a " Pothead". Just means the guy was not right in the head to begin with and at one point decided to use pot as some form of self-prescribed treatment.

Attaching the term pothead to this guy, as if to imply something; is like attaching alcohol or cheeseburgers to every other lunatic shooter; that happened to have regular alcoholic drinks or regulary eat cheeseburgers, prior to going over the edge and commiting the crime.

Old 03-06-2010, 03:26 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,323,347 times
Not only that, but this idea that no one who is registerd 'republican' doesnt or has never smoked weed, is laughable...

I'm sure there are plenty of people who vote republican, who indeed smoke weed or have in the past...It's not like being a registered republican means your a priest...

Old 03-06-2010, 03:53 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Another left wing nut job with a gun. Those left wingers just love killing innocent people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Luckily, they're crappy shots.
Quote:
Not so lucky for the faculty/staff at U. AL-Huntsville. That "intellectual" nutjob hit her targets.
Oh, I love posts like these. They prove my point. So you are saying that a person with a good education who graduated Harvard must be a Liberal?

BTW I never remember ANYTHING written about Amy Bishop that mentioned her political affiliations. (don't send links to right wing blogs, please)

Old 03-06-2010, 03:58 PM

Why are we "guessing" over his political beliefs? He wrote hundreds of pages making clear that he was a follower of the rightwing beliefs of Von Mises, Rothbard and Rockwell.

Old 03-06-2010, 04:10 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
This has little to do with his political views. The man was mentally ill.
John Patrick Bedell's troubled path to the Pentagon - latimes.com

Old 03-06-2010, 05:49 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Maybe you'll accept the proof from the left-wing press?

Pentagon shooter little known by neighbors - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

"Bedell, 36, a graduate student in electrical engineering at San Jose State University, was diagnosed as bipolar, or manic depressive, and had been in and out of treatment programs for years.
After a 2006 marijuana and resisting arrest case in Orange County, California, his psychiatrist said Bedell tried to self-medicate with pot, inadvertently making his bipolar disorder symptoms more pronounced."
Great, now tell us again...how is he a liberal Democrat? lol

Old 03-06-2010, 05:54 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Oh, I love posts like these. They prove my point. So you are saying that a person with a good education who graduated Harvard must be a Liberal?

BTW I never remember ANYTHING written about Amy Bishop that mentioned her political affiliations. (don't send links to right wing blogs, please)
I made no comment about her political affiliation but she is a nutjob who "allegedly" with premeditation, murdered three of her co-workers during a faculty meeting because she felt she was entitled to tenure. Unfortuantly for her victims, she was not a bad shot in those close quarters.

I doubt her political affiliation was the reason for her "alleged" murderous actions either in Huntsville, or the previous suspicious shooting and mail bomb for which she was investigated but never charged.

Likewise, can you prove she was not a left-winger? Just curious since you brought it up and chose to snip my reply to a different poster into your parisan response to color my post as partisan when it was not.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:57 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Great, now tell us again...how is he a liberal Democrat? lol
I never wrote that he was, I was responding to the proof that he was a "pothead". Try reading posts in their entire context sometime as this makes you, as the previous poster I responded to who chose similar tired false accusations, look foolish.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:28 PM

But if a terrorist read a bunch of radical Muslim texts before committing an act, would we be so quick to just right it off as mental illness?

We know what the radical texts he was reading was. Laissez-faire pure capitalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies