Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 02:20 AM

15,145 posts, read 14,324,826 times

Advertisements

Homosexuality,in and of itself does nothing to harm you or society. The committed relationships that many gay and lesbians engage in are no different than those that hetrosexuals engage in. Procreation is not relevant to the value of a relationship. Many hetrosexual couples either choose not to procreate or are unable to. Gay and lesbian couples can procreate using artifcial insemination and surrogate(just like hetrosexual couples can do.)The only possible reason you can give for wanting homosexuals to vanish would be religious and even there you only speak for your own beliefs.And even then religious arguements are not valid in US law and policy.Feel free to live and think the way you feel most comfortable-you are entitled to it as long as you dont limit the freedom of others. And while you happily live your life, please extend that freedom to others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 02:38 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deestin1972 View Post
It's all never ending B.S. The very people who moan about the govt getting to big and controlling their lives are the same people who WANT govt to regulate people's private sex lives (cause they don't get jiggy with it like they do). And don't use the tired old 'what about the kids' yap.. Of course a rapist/molester of children should be in jail, as should an adult that rapes another adult. But what two (or more) adults CONSENT to is their business. I don't care about who lives with who, married, or not, etc. If they are adults, it's their right. I have my own life to obsess over, thank you!
It's different than being gov't regulation because in many (most?) cases, marriage is a religious institution.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:48 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,607,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Tell me how a dog is a good reason to be upset about water flowing, and that a shovel stuck in the sand provides shade for the planes that fly in winters day and smell the road and drive through burgers making salads appealing? Is that right? I mean, can you deny such?

Confusing isn't it?

Kind of the same thing as taking the word marriage and then changing its meaning to fit something it doesn't historically fit. Who cares though, words are meant to be changed though right?

So when you up in your down and you have no idea side left is grating that the windshield is craggy? You know what I mean? Its like side left ya know?
Lamest post award 2010, everyone else can give it up at this point.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:14 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,082,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Gays have the right to vote, how stupid to draw a parrallel. East coast, west coast and all the cities and urban areas in between, no one cares if you are gay. Just no slaves at work, don't come to work in drag or pretend you're a guy and then get knocked up. Oh, and don't try to redefine marriage.

I live in California and gays have all the state rights that hetro couples do. There is absolutely no discrimination here. Every office I've worked at, I've had openly gay colleagues. No one cares. I worked in DC, Philly, NYC too, again no one cares.

But even having achieved parity in California, you wanted to redefine marriage to be that between two sexes. Never in a dozen milleniums has marriage been between the same sex. Instead of California being a template, you made it a battle ground. And you lost the referendum and marriage was not redefined. Make California the template and stop pushing to redefine marriage.
It's no different...denying human rights....how stupid not to see the revelence.

We don't deny any other human on earth the right to marry....not abusers, not child molesters, not anyone....yet we can't marry someone of our own gender?

Last edited by NC~Mom; 03-06-2010 at 06:15 AM.. Reason: Added content.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:15 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
It is believed that same-sex marriage was a socially recognized institution at times in Ancient Greece and Rome, some regions of China, such as Fujian, and at certain times in ancient European history.

These gay marriages continued until Christianity became the official religion of the Roman Empire, when same sex marriage was banned and parties to them were executed (no special rights there!).

So it sounds like the Christians were the ones to change the meaning of marriage....
Only two listed sources exist in your "wiki" (one of them is cited, but does not exist in the citation list). One is a book to which I do not have access to in order to verify where it is sourcing the claim. The other can be sourced back its origin which admits to uncertainty to its assumptions. That is, if you read their reasoning, it might as well be <insert what you want to think and conclude>. More specifically, it isn't in any way supported.

/shrug

Old 03-06-2010, 07:19 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portyhead24 View Post
Lamest post award 2010, everyone else can give it up at this point.
Thank you for pointing out the issue. You are correct, changing the meaning of words and using them in a manner to which there is no logical understanding to their use is as you say "lame".

Old 03-06-2010, 09:45 AM

711 posts, read 1,511,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattalli View Post
I hope you're not teaching your children your values. God forbid they would come out of the closet if they were born gay. I would hate to think of my child bringing home their new boyfriend and girlfriend with the same point of view. Although I seriously doubt my children would consider anyone who shared your point of view on the world. They are being raised to be accepting and loving of people regardless of their race, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
You just reaffirmed what is wrong with our world. But then again what should I expect from a soccer mommy. Gimme a break .

Old 03-06-2010, 09:49 AM

711 posts, read 1,511,303 times
It sure looks like just about everybody on this thread loves gays. What a bunch of lying lemmings most of you are.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:51 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,265,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillrunner View Post
It sure looks like just about everybody on this thread loves gays. What a bunch of lying lemmings most of you are.
Lying lemmings? LOl, are you feeling left out of the club?

Old 03-06-2010, 02:03 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,082,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillrunner View Post
What's a lemming, and can we discriminate against them too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies