Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 09:18 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Because if I do, it means an American institution has come to an end.
If you are so supremely confidant you're never going to lose your job, then it can only signify one thing: You're a scumbag earning a living off the backs of taxpayers.

Don't you just love people throwing out derogatory names for people, throwing stones in glass houses?

Be careful you don't get a tiny shard of glass in your eyes the next time you foolishly throw a stone somewhere!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 09:25 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
You can't collect unemployment for "years". The general benefit is 26 weeks. There has been an extension due to the recession, but you can't collect unemployment indefinitely.
go to the work and employment thread section and educate yourself

Old 03-05-2010, 09:29 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Quote:
Unfortunately that is probably due to his age. Hard to find someone to hire you at that age. Which is why unemployment is necessary while you look... but it's a risk you take when you are self employed, you don't have an employer paying into the fund.
He looks 40 years old and is in good physical shape. I think his only hope of work is to dumb down his resume and take any job.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:32 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Go to the website of your State Unemployment office and you will be able to educate yourself and see that you can't collect unemployment for an indefinite amount of time.

26 weeks is the norm and there is an extension right now due to the recession, but it is not indefinite. Unemployment ALWAYS runs out.

I was on unemployment 10 years ago. Luckily, I found a job the week my benefits ran out... and they would have ran out, that was it. Living on $300 a week in NY was no picnic either.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
go to where i asked you to go these people are talking about tier 4 and tier 5 that's just insane.just put the lazy bums on welfare as they are useless.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
go to where i asked you to go these people are talking about tier 4 and tier 5 that's just insane.just put the lazy bums on welfare as they are useless.
Go to the Department of Labor and you'll see that the benefits run out. They are not indefinite and you cannot claim again until you work for a certain amount of time.

When there is not a high unemployment rate, the benefit is 26 weeks.

Do you understand that there are certain areas of the country right now where there are NO JOBS at all? Where it can take a year to find a survival job?

Old 03-05-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Go to the Department of Labor and you'll see that the benefits run out. They are not indefinite and you cannot claim again until you work for a certain amount of time.

When there is not a high unemployment rate, the benefit is 26 weeks.

Do you understand that there are certain areas of the country right now where there are NO JOBS at all? Where it can take a year to find a survival job?
BS there are plenty of jobs where i live. you just have to live on less. the past is gone deal with it. i do fine with my 500 mortgage cause i did not over buy thinking my income would last forever

Old 03-05-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
BS there are plenty of jobs where i live. you just have to live on less. the past is gone deal with it. i do fine with my 500 mortgage cause i did not over buy thinking my income would last forever
Plenty of jobs? What kind of jobs? What skill set? Enough to pay rent and feed a family?

I guess the unemployment numbers are just lies... stories about 750 people applying for 1 job... lies too right?

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Quote:
The unemployment rate in Mancos is 9.50 percent(U.S. avg. is 8.50%). Recent job growth is Negative. Mancos jobs have Decreased by 15.50 percent.
http://www.connectingcolorado.com/#

Unemployment State Job Search site shows ONE job available in Mancos for General Laborer.

Last edited by Yac; 03-30-2010 at 07:06 AM..

Old 03-05-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Plenty of jobs? What kind of jobs? What skill set? Enough to pay rent and feed a family?

I guess the unemployment numbers are just lies... stories about 750 people applying for 1 job... lies too right?

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Connecting Colorado - Job Search | Employee Search | UI Registration

Unemployment State Job Search site shows ONE job available in Mancos for General Laborer.
nice try. we are 26 miles from durango where 99% of my work comes from.high end rich people who are mostly retired. my daughter works at the jail with juvenils and social services and the family center.we live in Mancos cause it is affordable and the most peaceful town i've ever lived in.you make your own way in this world or attack those that do

Last edited by Yac; 03-30-2010 at 07:06 AM..

Old 03-05-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
nice try. we are 26 miles from durango where 99% of my work comes from.high end rich people who are mostly retired. my daughter works at the jail with juvenils and social services and the family center.we live in Mancos cause it is affordable and the most peaceful town i've ever lived in.you make your own way in this world or attack those that do
That's fantastic, but your situation isn't the same as the rest of the Country's, and your region actually has higher unemployment than the average. Try walking in someone else's shoes before judging them, there is a recession going on here and most people looking for work than jobs. The majority of these people are not "lazy". It's not fun to live off of unemployment, you can barely get by on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies