Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 07:45 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The media didn't get scared, they got embarrassed. What arrogance! They give themselves awards Just think hussein obama saw these nutcases as his mentors. It tells you what he us all about.

I think it would be funny if people got together and had a "Give Yourself an Award Day" to make these wackos look even more foolish.

How can the media mention Reverend Wright and Father Pfleger now? Their viewers and readers don't even know who they are since they neglected to mention them when Obama was running for office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

11,760 posts, read 14,652,372 times
Anyone with a computer and a fax machine can call himself an organization and set up an award ceremony. Any indication who's giving these awards out and why we should care about them?

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Did President Obama personally select the recipients for this, ah, obscure awards ceremony? If so, why is he even being discussed?

Old 03-06-2010, 07:47 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
How can the media mention Reverend Wright and Father Pfleger now? Their viewers and readers don't even know who they are since they neglected to mention them when Obama was running for office.
Why do Republicans always assume everyone is as ignorant as most of them are?

I can solemnly testify, I saw both Wright and Pfleger repeatedly during the campaign.

Anyone who had their television set on in March, 2008 knows who Wright is.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:24 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,278,737 times
These guy's need to be badly embarrassed , if that's possible.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:13 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Jessee Jackson and Al Sharpton must be pretty pissed off about getting snubbed? No awards for them?

Old 03-06-2010, 09:15 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Jessee Jackson and Al Sharpton must be pretty pissed off about getting snubbed? No awards for them?
I think the message was to not let the door hit them in the arse on their way through the door of irrelevance.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:16 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times
There were no awards. The only "media" talking about awards is Fox, which has obsessed about this event for a week, particularly O'Reilly.

Why does this event deserve such attention? The money raised at the event is being donated to support schools and child care centers.

Last month, I attended a similar event which was a concert to raise money to send students to a science camp. Not a lot of media showed up to cover that event and it didn't get covered daily on a national cable network.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:29 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Should have named them the "Living Race Baiters" awards.
No coincidence they all came out of the same swamp as Obama.
Then they would have also awarded Al and Jessie.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:10 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,304,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
News Hounds: Father Michael Pfleger: "O'Reilly Doesn't Want to Hear the Truth We Speak . . . I'll Hang Around Wright and Farrakhan Any Day Rather Than O'Reilly."

Despite Bill O'Reilly's mission against black activists and numerous segments to the contrary (see my posts here, here and here) that Reverend Jeremiah Wright, Minister Louis Farrakhan and Father Michael Pfleger would be on stage together and Wright was presenting himself with an award, the three men were not on stage together, they were not speakers, and no awards were given. It was a night of music and short speeches, a benefit planned and presented by Grace of God, NFP, in celebration of Black History Month.
WVON Chicago radio personality, Cliff Kelley, co-hosted the event along with Grace of God's Jeri Wright. The key performers were Grammy-nominated musician, Kirk Whalum and Shannon Stevenson. There were some short speeches given in honor of the three men, and the words spoken most often were "diversity," "humanity," and "education." The crowd was polite and engaged, security tight (an indication that, even on the south side of Chicago, nobody underestimates a determined wingnut) and, though largely an African American audience, white faces (one of which was mine) were interspersed -- and welcomed warmly.
After the event, I was fortunate enough to exchange a few words with Father Pfleger in the lobby. I noted O'Reilly's recent, nightly crusade against Pfleger, Wright and Farrakhan -- which he indicated he knew about, and seemed amused by -- and I asked him why he felt O'Reilly targeted them.
"O'Reilly doesn't want to hear the truth we speak," Father Pfleger said, " . . . I'll hang around Wright and Farrakhan any day rather than O'Reilly."
O'Reilly is more credible than these 3 radicals! Why bring past history?
Why bring hate back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies