Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 09:41 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

I think it is defined as "between a man and a woman"
Not between races.

Wow, that was a big twist to get to your agenda.
I'm impressed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 09:42 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Glad to see Stormfront is active again, pushing their agenda.

I guess you didn't see the judge had been stripped of his robe for that stunt.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:47 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GayCharlotteGuy View Post
I'm just curious. Where do we draw the lines at what kind of marriage is acceptable and not acceptable according to the government? Why shouldn't government ban interracial marriage? It's not natural (not natural in the sense that it's not very common).

Should there be votes on whether to ban interracial marriage?

An article snippet in 2009:

(AP) NEW ORLEANS A Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have. Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long.
"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."

So, if gay marriage is banned for not being natural. Shouldn't interracial marriage be banned for not being natural (in the sense that it's not common and such)?

How would ya'll feel if interracial marriage was banned?
If interracial marriage was banned, I would be thoroughly angry. Who's business is it which race your spouse is?

Old 03-06-2010, 09:54 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
It was only 20 years ago that a majority of Americans began to approve of interracial marriage.

Most Americans Approve of Interracial Marriages

It's interesting how people now are outraged by the idea that it could have been illegal.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:01 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It was only 20 years ago that a majority of Americans began to approve of interracial marriage.

It's interesting how people now are outraged by the idea that it could have been illegal.
And in 30 years people will say that about gay marriage. Like I said in my previous post, it is a work in progress regardless the level of opposition. I dont have to approve of gay marriage to accept the fact that it will be commonplace soon enough. Time changes everything.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:10 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times

Old 03-06-2010, 10:24 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post

Wrong. I am outraged at the notion of NOW banning interracial marriages. Isn’t that the premise of the OP?

Old 03-06-2010, 10:39 PM

122 posts, read 381,857 times
Quote:
This says it all.

And btw, two people regardless of race can mate and reproduce so obviously it is 'natural'. Not that I am against gay marriage either, but the whole premise of the OP is so stupid.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:49 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Wrong. I am outraged at the notion of NOW banning interracial marriages. Isn’t that the premise of the OP?
I didn't say that EVERYBODY is outraged, and I wasn't directing my comments toward you. (I don't even know who you are.)

I was just pointing out the fact that public attitudes can change quickly.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:51 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
There is nothing “unnatural” about my mother or her siblings, and there is nothing “unnatural” about my son. They are all the result of interracial marriages. Why don’t we ban gay bigots instead?

It is truely insulting that gays continue to use blacks for their agenda. Skin color is not a sexual behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies