Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 10:24 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
Being a product of an irr marriage, there are portions of America I refuse to visit, much less stop in when driving through. The movie "Deliverance" worked my psyche well enough, I don't need to see it firsthand. That said, there are probably people in every community (even "liberal" ones) who are opposed to the idea.

All I can say is props to the youth in these communities who are not buying into the b.s of their elders. Being opposed to Interracial marriages indicates disturbances on other levels usually. So if you find yourself strongly opposed, I would recommend looking into why your husband/or wife seems to hate you, why you seem to hate yourself and why you are generally depressed.
You are telling the truth there, Other is the largest etnic group in two states. Being near an Army Base I find half of the couples on my block are inter racial. Like you I avoid Klantucky and the other places they stare at us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 11:01 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueIsraelite View Post
That would make me happy as can be but it is not going to happen so why bother bringing it up. We had those good days they are gone now liberalism has destroyed a once great society.
Those days were gone before Biblical times - you do know that Moses had a black wife, right? Were liberals to blame for that too?

Old 03-11-2010, 11:04 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Homosexual behavior is a bad sexual habit that that turns into a mental illness, not unlike bulimia with weight and food, that people fall into because they are sexually permissive and experimental. They view their lifestyle as the result of self-indulgence and an unwillingness to play by society rules.
Homosexual behavior is a mental illness, symptomatic of arrested development. Homosexuals have unnatural or perverse desires as a consequence of poor familial relations in childhood or some other sexual trauma.

No researcher has found provable biological or genetic differences between heterosexuals and homosexuals that weren't caused by their behavior.

No one has found a single genetic, hormonal, or physical difference between heterosexuals and homosexuals - at least none that is replicable.

By Paul Cameron, Ph. D.

Two large studies asked homosexual respondents to explain the origins of their desires and behaviors - how they "got that way." The first of these studies was conducted by Kinsey in the 1940s and involved 1700 homosexuals. The second, in 1970, involved 979 homosexuals. Both were conducted prior to the period when the "gay rights" movement started to politicize the issue of homosexual origins. Both reported essentially the same findings: Homosexuals overwhelmingly believed their feelings and behavior were the result of social or environmental influences, during their youth.

There is evidence that homosexuality, like drug use is "handed down" from older individuals. The first homosexual encounter is usually initiated by an older person. In separate studies 60%, 64% and 61% of the respondents claimed that their first partner was someone older who initiated the sexual experience at sometime during their youth.
Might want to look at some research done this century:

Sexual Orientation: In The Brain - CBS News

Old 03-11-2010, 02:20 PM
zox

344 posts, read 479,011 times
You are confusing the unnatural criticism of homosexual relationships with the uncommon aspect of interracial relationships. Those two concepts are entirely different. The criticism of homosexuality being unnatural stems from the fact that two homosexuals can't biologically reproduce. Heterosexual interracial couples can produce. These are two entirely different issues and your attempt to compare the two is absurd.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:39 PM

What have Homosexual Relationships got to do with Inter Racial Marriage?
Why don't we just go off onto inter species relationships

Old 03-12-2010, 06:53 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
What have Homosexual Relationships got to do with Inter Racial Marriage?
Why don't we just go off onto inter species relationships
Believe you me that have been done quiet a bit lately Boompa......

Old 03-12-2010, 07:59 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
I was married prior to the 1967 decision and was in the US Army. If I was stationed in a state where it was illegal I would have to live on base. This included, at least legally, California where laws were meant to keep Chinese from inter- marriage.
Part of why I am happy to live in this decade, rather than pre-1967. The question I pose is : Why do you want to legislate who gets to marry who based on race? That is a question to ask alot of people.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:15 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,435,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GayCharlotteGuy View Post
I'm just curious. Where do we draw the lines at what kind of marriage is acceptable and not acceptable according to the government? Why shouldn't government ban interracial marriage? It's not natural (not natural in the sense that it's not very common).

Should there be votes on whether to ban interracial marriage?

An article snippet in 2009:

(AP) NEW ORLEANS A Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have. Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long.
"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."

So, if gay marriage is banned for not being natural. Shouldn't interracial marriage be banned for not being natural (in the sense that it's not common and such)?

How would ya'll feel if interracial marriage was banned?
In states where citizens have voted on the issue of same sex marriage, the vote was to decide whether or not it should now be considered a legal and binding marriage (the same as opposite sex marriages)....the vote wasn't to ban them. In states that had votes where it was voted it down, the decision was made by a majority of the citizens in those states for a number of reasons, not because they all felt it was unnatural (although that could be a reason in some people's minds).

Just because some justice of the peace denied an interracial couple a marriage license, it doesn't mean it's an issue that all the citizens of a state (including Louisianna) wish to suddenly vote on to decide whether or not it should banned because, some justice of the peace expressed that it was his personnal beliefs.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Part of why I am happy to live in this decade, rather than pre-1967. The question I pose is : Why do you want to legislate who gets to marry who based on race? That is a question to ask alot of people.
I can't answer that. I never let them stop me from doing what I thought right, nor have I regretted it

Old 03-13-2010, 12:35 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
I can't answer that. I never let them stop me from doing what I thought right, nor have I regretted it
And you shouldn't regret who you married. Love is a very beautiful thing. If you love a person, you love that person. Race should never be an issue. I am still holding out for a girlfriend, and which ever race or ethnicity she might be, the focus should be love. Interracial or intraracial, love should be the first thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies