Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 07:49 AM

694 posts, read 1,230,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Or flip it around, would whites want to see some black teenagers arrested and charged with a felony for tossing around some crackers or Wonder bread?
Well, they might very much want so if crackers and Wonder bread would be symbolic of their slavery times, dear. Wouldn't you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 07:50 AM

23,619 posts, read 23,932,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Yeah... so? I didn't forget what I wrote. Even if I had, you quoted it, which is how I knew it was directed at me.

I simply stated what I've observed, which is that in my life, I've seen more racism exhibited by blacks than by whites. That's it. And you went off on me for it, implying that I suggested a myriad of things that I didn't.

This is clearly a hot-button topic for you, but you should at least try to be a little more objective. A good start would be to not put words into other peoples' mouths.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:50 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,404,194 times
my question is based on "FAIRNESS" and "EQUALITY"...........where is the white coulture center....or why is there ALLOWED to be a black culture center.......to have one and not others...is not equal....hmmmmm.....................why would you want to continue to make a SEPERATION of the races???............... that is 3/4 of the problem today, we continue to seperate, stastictic and statusfy the races.............................dont people get it we are all of the HUMAN RACE

Old 03-08-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
my question is based on "FAIRNESS" and "EQUALITY"...........where is the white coulture center....or why is there ALLOWED to be a black culture center......to have one and not others...is not equal....hmmmmm
Look around, the whole world is a white cultural center. That is if you really care for culture, workingclasshero.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:55 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,404,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by learningCA View Post
Look around, the whole world is a white cultural center. That is if you really care for culture, workingclasshero.
only if YOU look at it with racist eyes....YOUR racism shows with YOUR coments....to me the world is a HUMAN culture center

Old 03-08-2010, 08:43 AM

646 posts, read 799,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by learningCA View Post
Painting "certain" words on the car and house of a black couple in Chattanooga is your idea of a joke, mary phagan?

If blacks would dish out slavery and lynchings to white folks sometimes in history, would you blame the whites for being a bit touchy about any signs that history might repeat itself, hon?
I look at crime stats today,not 140 years ago.Black on white crime today is out of control.The joke part was meant for the students at Missouri.Although,I do not believe you should ruin a couple of 14 year old kids lives because they painted racial terms on a car.If the system thinks rapist and child molestors deserve a second chance,then sure you think a couple of kids that painted the n word on a house hould too

Old 03-08-2010, 08:58 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,920,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Of course you would, because crumbled crackers carry no pernicious historical connotation that would derive offense. Funny how blacks are consistently told to "get over" slavery and discrimination, when clearly it is the racist whites on college campuses across this country who continue to perpetuate it.
And yet your assumptive generalizations are an exact element to which the racist position stands. Making sweeping generalizations of a race with the intent to accuse them of action or purpose is racist.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:43 AM

1,689 posts, read 4,290,549 times
When were cotton balls invented?
How much cotton do they contain?
Does wearing cotton clothing make you a racist against black people?

Old 03-08-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
only if YOU look at it with racist eyes....YOUR racism shows with YOUR coments....to me the world is a HUMAN culture center
Really?

Quote:
my question is based on "FAIRNESS" and "EQUALITY"...........where is the white coulture center....or why is there ALLOWED to be a black culture center.......to have one and not others...is not equal....

Old 03-08-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvin View Post
When were cotton balls invented?
How much cotton do they contain?
Does wearing cotton clothing make you a racist against black people?
No, but it does make some people stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies