Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 06:15 AM

786 posts, read 4,731,745 times

Advertisements

I would be most comfortable in a White town. Though I would not mind a few minorities living near by as long as they share my culture of hard work, keeping the neighborhood clean, quiet and attractive. Though I would not want to be a minority in my own town though.

Go to a Mall or a School lunch room, 99% of people are with people of their own race. That is the real answer of this question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2007, 07:28 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,730,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanoid View Post
Do you think politics, rights and freedoms have nothing to do with culture? Democracy, capitalism, science etc these are all products of western culture.
That is why its so funny when people that move to the US are so prideful and nationalistic about their origin. In most cases they are here precisely because American culture is superior. Many immigrants come here to become american, others come here to take advantage of american culture while at the same time disallowing their children to marry americans etc.
You can argue however you like, Humanoid but the fact is that you, as a white man, will never be able to see what it is like for minorities, for women because you are born blind to those situations. It is like trying to tell a male to imagine a baby moving into his birth canal during lamaze classes---you can hear about it, you can describe it, but you won't ever feel it. As for American culture being "superior", let me just give you a little remind that that's what the Romans thought of themselves as well. Look where they are now--oh wait, look where they aren't.

And the final fact is, you can moan and whine about others being racist, about people of different cultures coming together, and about how "wrong " it is to your ideals but the fact is the majority of the world acts as such and as a person from a country where democracy reigns, you should know that majority rules. These people (as well as myself) will always be more comfortable around the same type of people, the same type of race, the same type of culture and if you can't handle that---it really sucks to be you because in the end we're the ones that are happy and you aren't!

I am certain you'll continue replying to this post, trying to point out this and that of how superior American culture is, how wrong racism is, and whatever not. Sure, have a go at it. I'm pretty much done trying to describe color to a blind man and I'm not going to entertain you trying to label everyone racist, as someone has previously warned me. Happy trails.

Old 06-03-2007, 08:44 AM

124 posts, read 91,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REBEL88 View Post
yea im sure yer a real badass, what a crock, yer disgusting plain and simple i have plenty of reasons why but on this forum you will get deleted for letting your real feelings be known so i keep them in my brain and mouth for someone i can really open up on...just curious what race are you and what race did you marry?
Where did you go to college? hehe

Old 06-03-2007, 10:34 AM

3,306 posts, read 4,153,400 times
Quote:
These people (as well as myself) will always be more comfortable around the same type of people, the same type of race, the same type of culture and if you can't handle that---it really sucks to be you because in the end we're the ones that are happy and you aren't!
Right this is the case because most people are sheep and they prefer to be in their herd. In your post all you've stated is that "this is how it is", you didn't justify a thing though. Oh and yes the good olde "the white man" doesn't get it! Your issues as a minority are just too complex to be understood by us stupid white men! Give me a break.

"The final fact" is that for this country to do well people need to acculturate, if someone is not interested in acculturation then they shouldn't come. Luckily historically when the bigots come here their kids rarely share their parents mentality and become real Americans.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:

"The final fact" is that for this country to do well people need to acculturate, if someone is not interested in acculturation then they shouldn't come. Luckily historically when the bigots come here their kids rarely share their parents mentality and become real Americans.
A person who believes American culture is superior calling others bigots? My friend, please, go travel the world or something.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:53 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,449,979 times
I would prefer to live in an area that is racially diverse. I don't have a set % but something similar to the racial make-up of the U.S. would be good. In the all white neighborhoods I've lived in I've never felt welcome. So I probably won't cross that bridge again.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:57 AM

Quote:
A person who believes American culture is superior calling others bigots?
Yep, but note I said "western culture". Also do you have the details of my travels? I didn't think so. Anyhow, care to tell us white men what we don't get about minorities? I'm sure people would be more interested in that then a fight between me and you.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Anyhow, care to tell us white men what we don't get about minorities? I'm sure people would be more interested in that then a fight between me and you.
Sure, I'll explain to you in detail as soon as you tell me what it is like imagining the crown of a baby's head slowly entering your birth canal as your uterus expands if you are male OR if you can explain to me what the color red looks like if you've been blind all your life.

Also, while you're at it, care to explain how voting along partylines is NOT being a dumb sheep, as you called me out for the statement in another thread? I noticed that I made an explanation and you decided to just..."disappear" from the thread I mean I would love to know your view on that considering, clearly, you are so smart you have the answer and the insight to all worldly things.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:10 PM

SmerkyGrl,

Why continue with this? Explaining the issues minorities have in this country is simply not the same as describe the "experiennce" of red or child birth. But if you don't want to describe things thats fine.

Also, why bring up issues in other threads? I didn't respond to that thread because it become obvious what you were getting at and I didn't disagree.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
SmerkyGrl,

Why continue with this? Explaining the issues minorities have in this country is simply not the same as describe the "experiennce" of red or child birth. But if you don't want to describe things thats fine.
So in another words, you can't explain the experience of childbirth or of red, am I right? If you don't have a birth canal and you don't have a uterus, you don't know what its like to pass a watermelon through a peephole. If you don't have non-white skin and are not a minority, you don't know how different the experience of every day life can be compared to someone who is in the majority. It simply is the same but it seems that you cannot accept it.

If you are Black, people usually assume you are of lower class and you will steal from them. There is a term coined by my African-American friends called "DWB" or "Driving While Black". If you don't know what it means, go look it up in the Urban dictionary. If you are Asian, people assume that you are good at math, smart, and that you like to eat rice--but nevermind that I personally HATE math and am probably no smarter than the next plain Jane Brown. If you are Hispanic and you start speaking Spanish very fast to your wife at a supermarket and your skin is dark like the dirt, people will automatically think you are an illegal immigrant. This is especially true if you are in a plain t shirt and shorts rather than dress nicely. I dated a hispanic boy once and some stupid little girl in our class asked him if he ate beans all the time---when in fact he is ALLERGIC to beans! So no, you don't know what its like, you don't know the experiences, and you don't know the cultural undertones of each individual foreigner's heritage. You never will and really? That's fine with me that you can't see it that way because chances are I don't know the strife of what its like being a caucasian white male either. But what I do have an issue with is you implying that it is not possible that you can't "see it" their way. Believe it or not (and I tell my parents, who are very old-world-China, a lot), you don't know everything, you don't see everything, and what makes sense to you is not always the same for everyone else.

That enough of an explanation for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies