U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 02:09 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,474 posts, read 14,822,259 times

Advertisements

He's a troll from the relationship forums. I think they stopped responding to his posts, so he's here now. And his posts are still just as insightful and full of W1N.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 03:50 PM

4,406 posts, read 5,795,633 times
Companies that abuse and torture animals don't post signs indicating what they do. It's a hush hush kind of thing because they know most people--regardless of ideology--would be utterly appalled at how we treat animals. I believe all of this so called "research" is completely unnecessary. Natural products wouldn't require testing, but then, we've divorced ourselves from nature many centuries ago. Besides, where would the profit be if we all knew that dandelions cured cancer or that cars could run on water? The easiest ways for good health and natural living won't be promoted until we abandon the profit to be had in doing the wrong thing. But go tell that to the elite capitalists who run things...

Old 03-07-2010, 03:53 PM

5,412 posts, read 3,868,272 times
yet you think the right to kill your own children is more important than animal welfare

Old 03-07-2010, 03:57 PM

4,100 posts, read 7,771,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Do you have any idea how many rats, rabbits, dogs, cats, etc that pharma companies kill per year for the drugs you use?

They are not hear for sick twisted people to experiment on. I would have expected more action from liberals, yet there's not much. And this is one of the few issues I would be considered "liberal" on.. You know that pet dog you have? well, if you have a beagle, they are used by pharma companies to test ocular medicine, then are killed, and eyes removed to test effectiveness of the drug.

Yet you think killing your own children is more important.
So you will avoid all pharmaceuticals and medical treatments whose development involved animals? Awesome!

Old 03-07-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
So you will avoid all pharmaceuticals and medical treatments whose development involved animals? Awesome!

I hope you one day experience the pain and misery these animals have suffered.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:02 PM

14,076 posts, read 19,091,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
The easiest ways for good health and natural living won't be promoted until we abandon the profit to be had in doing the wrong thing. But go tell that to the elite capitalists who run things...
And replace it with what?

By the way, I see a lot of concern for animals in the hands of "big pharma," so I'm wondering if you're as concerned about animals being used in military training?

Did you, for instance, that the Army used to use (and may still use) a goat for troops to practice givng atropine injections on? The goat would be exposed to nerve gas, then the trainees would get to revive it with an injection.

Is that an animal rights issue, or does it just apply to laboratory testing?

Animal rights? Phooey on animal rights. They're animals, for gosh sakes! I really don't understand how people can devote so much time to "saving" animals when human beings are starving to death or dying from preventable disease or lack of clean water all over the planet. How about we save the people first, then worry about the animals? Is that asking too much?

Old 03-07-2010, 04:03 PM

7,544 posts, read 7,791,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I think a love for animals is not a political thing. I am the antiliberal if there ever was one and care more about animals than I do about almost any adult human.
Could not agree with you more! That's why the majority of my charitable donations (money and time commitments) are to animal rights causes. They need our advocacy.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
And replace it with what?

By the way, I see a lot of concern for animals in the hands of "big pharma," so I'm wondering if you're as concerned about animals being used in military training?

Did you, for instance, that the Army used to use (and may still use) a goat for troops to practice givng atropine injections on? The goat would be exposed to nerve gas, then the trainees would get to revive it with an injection.

Is that an animal rights issue, or does it just apply to laboratory testing?

Animal rights? Phooey on animal rights. They're animals, for gosh sakes! I really don't understand how people can devote so much time to "saving" animals when human beings are starving to death or dying from preventable disease or lack of clean water all over the planet. How about we save the people first, then worry about the animals? Is that asking too much?

ME ME ME I I I ME ME ME THE WORLD REVOLVES AROUND ME

WHa'ts it' like being a child in an adult's b ody? ME ME ME!!!!!!

Old 03-07-2010, 04:05 PM

9,965 posts, read 16,018,689 times
Quote:
Do you have any idea how many rats, rabbits, dogs, cats, etc that pharma companies kill per year for the drugs you use?

They are not hear for sick twisted people to experiment on. I would have expected more action from liberals, yet there's not much. And this is one of the few issues I would be considered "liberal" on.. You know that pet dog you have? well, if you have a beagle, they are used by pharma companies to test ocular medicine, then are killed, and eyes removed to test effectiveness of the drug.

Yet you think killing your own children is more important.
Who thinks "killing their own children is more important"? Who says all liberals aren't concerned about testing drugs on animals? There are plenty of animal rights groups which focus on this sort of thing--I trust you can operate Google enough to look them up.

You are just taking your own pre-conceived notions and applying them to every one you deem a liberal. It seems that you are particularly obsessed with the idea that life begins at conception and use this concept to pose a series of rhetorical questions directed only at liberals (because all liberals and only liberals are pro-choice apparently) asking us why we like to "kill children" instead of so and so. Because obviously a zygote in a pre-embryonic stage is the same as a human baby after birth---according to you.

I have a question for you Betamanlet:

In your profile you claim to have a JD and list your occupation as lawyer..
However...If that's true, why is it that you seem to have such trouble posting a logical argument?

Last edited by Deezus; 03-07-2010 at 04:15 PM..

Old 03-07-2010, 04:08 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,474 posts, read 14,822,259 times
Quote:
I hope you one day experience the pain and misery these animals have suffered.

I hope one day you experience the pain and misery your threads have caused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies